Can a Bomber sleep vertically?

Jérôme Daoust

May 25, 2011, 2:23:09 PM5/25/11
to Stealth Electric Bikes
To save space while not in use, would there be a problem storing a
Bomber vertically (front wheel directly above the rear)?

Wondering about...
a) Brake fluid draining from lines to their reservoirs, possibly
creating bubbles in the lines.
b) V-Boxx grease finding its way out through a breather hole.

Otherwise we could latch the front wheel into a U-channel on a wall.
Living an earthquake zone, this would also reduce the risk of the bike
dropping to a side.

Jim_Kirk

May 25, 2011, 3:21:25 PM5/25/11
to stealth-ele...@googlegroups.com
Jerome,

Don't have a solution on the vertical storing but:
Got a solution for your fear of earthquakes.  Ship bike to me in Florida and I'll take care of everything.  Even send you an occasional picture so you don't have to worry.

Heck no problem at, love to help you out. :) :)

-Jim

Jérôme Daoust

May 25, 2011, 5:07:51 PM5/25/11
to Stealth Electric Bikes
:-)

If for some reason, the bike cannot be stored with front wheel up, I
will just use a strap attached to the ceiling that comes down to hook
the seat or handlebar, maybe with a spring or bungee in series to
avoid ratcheting. That way it will not be ablle to fall onto a side.
Unless the whole building comes down in an earthquake.

- J2

Paul_G

May 25, 2011, 7:50:39 PM5/25/11
to stealth-ele...@googlegroups.com
I would think it can but a bomber on its rear wheel is a monster as the weight trys to topple the bike left or right as the weight moves high up. The weight distribution is far better than the Opti unless its on the rear wheel . Opti weight is further back, Bomber weight is more forward.

Paul_G

May 25, 2011, 7:57:44 PM5/25/11
to stealth-ele...@googlegroups.com

Paul_G

May 25, 2011, 8:01:45 PM5/25/11
to stealth-ele...@googlegroups.com
looks a tad better http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=bike+hoist&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=3077659303879672761&sa=X&ei=lpfdTdqEDoHz0gG0-rAC&ved=0CHYQ8wIwBA&biw=869&bih=745#

may want to attach to several joists and replace the lines with steel cables if its above the bed :)

Paul G

Paul_G

May 25, 2011, 8:06:47 PM5/25/11
to stealth-ele...@googlegroups.com