Would a 2nd CA [large screen] on bars be useful

Jim_Kirk

May 24, 2011, 4:23:55 PM5/24/11
to stealth-ele...@googlegroups.com
The CA is available in a large screen display for those of use with aging eyes.
http://www.ebikes.ca/store/photos/CA-LDP.jpg
http://www.ebikes.ca/index.shtml

The Bomber comes with a built in CA and, help me here, I'm assuming it is the plug in type like this:
http://www.ebikes.ca/store/photos/CA-DP.jpg

CA has agreed that 2 CA's can run in parallel and they can make a cable that will allow two CA's to attach to the single controller plug which the built in CA attaches to.

This means that a large screen CA could be put on the handlebar and would run in parallel with the small screen display on the Bomber.

Sounded interesting to me but before I pursue it any further does this sound like having a large screen CA on the handlebars would be good?

-Jim

-Jim

Jim_Kirk

May 24, 2011, 4:30:08 PM5/24/11
to stealth-ele...@googlegroups.com
To help further this is where I've left off with my correspondence with CA:

"Hi Jim, OK I see what you are trying to do here, and indeed I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work to literally parallel connect two CA-DPs onto the same controller plug. The only possible issue would be the throttle over-ride functionality, but it's easy enough to leave that wire disconnected on the large CA so it just plays a passive observer role.

We can supply you the parts to assembly your own splitter cable (a CA-DP extentions plus a bag of JST-SM connectors). If you want us to make and crimp the cable for you at our end, we could do that too but it would be a bit pricier."

-JIm

Paul_G

May 24, 2011, 5:22:51 PM5/24/11
to stealth-ele...@googlegroups.com

It does sound nice but you have one that I stopped looking at as the bike has far more range than the Opti ever did if run at the same speeds. I Got 25 miles today but I was passing cars on a 4 lane road in the left lane and making believe I was peddling….LOL  The looks were priceless. I was running as fast as I could to test the new RShunt setting that I’ll post about in a min.

 And I know I can go 67 miles and maybe push it to 70 if driven slow.

 Opti ridden fast was 15. slow30 miles. On the 20 ah.

 The bike is fine as is J

Jerome Daoust

May 24, 2011, 7:27:24 PM5/24/11
to stealth-ele...@googlegroups.com
...or you could tape one of these plastic Fresnel lens over your CA display.
Joking aside, it might even work. I carry one in my wallet for menus
at restaurants.

- Jerome

Mighty_Bright.jpg