Tclkit 8.4.15 and 8.5a6

Jean-Claude Wippler

Jun 16, 2007, 11:25:53 AM6/16/07
to starkit
FYI, I've built and uploaded new Tclkit binaries to the website at
http://www.equi4.com/pub/tk/
Only Mac OS X and Linux so far, more contributions are welcome.

These were all built using genkit and the tar files in:
http://www.equi4.com/pub/tk/tars/

A couple of changes were made to get all the builds right again, for
both 8.4 and 8.5 variants (the latter is built when KIT_VERSION=5 is
set in the environment).

Note that all these builds are unthreaded.

-jcw

David Zolli

Jun 20, 2007, 12:11:29 PM6/20/07
to Jean-Claude Wippler, starkit
Le 16 juin 07 à 17:25, Jean-Claude Wippler a écrit :

> FYI, I've built and uploaded new Tclkit binaries to the website at
> http://www.equi4.com/pub/tk/
> Only Mac OS X and Linux so far, more contributions are welcome.
>
> These were all built using genkit and the tar files in:
> http://www.equi4.com/pub/tk/tars/
>
> A couple of changes were made to get all the builds right again, for
> both 8.4 and 8.5 variants (the latter is built when KIT_VERSION=5 is
> set in the environment).

As far as I can see, 8.4.14 doesn't works for me, so I guess
tclkit-darwin-???.gz requires X11.

Will you build tclkit-darwin-???-aqua.gz or should I do it?

--
David Zolli
kr...@kroc.tk

Jean-Claude Wippler

Jun 20, 2007, 4:09:13 PM6/20/07
to starkit
David Zolli wrote:

>> These were all built using genkit and the tar files in:
>> http://www.equi4.com/pub/tk/tars/
>>
>> A couple of changes were made to get all the builds right again, for
>> both 8.4 and 8.5 variants (the latter is built when KIT_VERSION=5 is
>> set in the environment).
>
> As far as I can see, 8.4.14 doesn't works for me, so I guess
> tclkit-darwin-???.gz requires X11.
>
> Will you build tclkit-darwin-???-aqua.gz or should I do it?

Done. I've uploaded a dozen fresh-and-shiny-new macosx builds. Will
probably stop uploading separate ppc/x86 builds from now on, and just
stick with the universal ones.

So there you have it: 8.4.15/8.5a6 * x11/aqua * ppc/x86/univ = 12

Some more tweaks were made to the pub/tk/tars/runtime*.kit files to
support symbolic links properly now (thx to Andreas K).

All binaries were built from the tar files in that same tars/
directory. These are merely provided for reference and to make
"genkit A" work, direct cvs/svn checkouts may be more useful to you.
The "all.diffs" file describes the one minor patch I keep applying to
Tk 8.4.

Also uploaded some new helper scripts:
* build-mac-tclkits.tcl - builds 4 macosx variants in one step
* mkunivkit.tcl - combine two ppc/x86 exes into a universal binary

-jcw

lvirden

Jun 22, 2007, 3:27:58 PM6/22/07
to starkit

On Jun 16, 11:25 am, Jean-Claude Wippler <j...@equi4.com> wrote:
> FYI, I've built and uploaded new Tclkit binaries to the website at
> http://www.equi4.com/pub/tk/
> Only Mac OS X and Linux so far, more contributions are welcome.
>
> These were all built using genkit and the tar files in:
> http://www.equi4.com/pub/tk/tars/

Are these the original tclkits, or the new tclkit-lites?

Jean-Claude Wippler

Jun 23, 2007, 5:16:39 AM6/23/07
to starkit
On 22 Jun 2007, at 21:27, lvirden wrote:

>> These were all built using genkit and the tar files in:
>> http://www.equi4.com/pub/tk/tars/
>
> Are these the original tclkits, or the new tclkit-lites?

Original tclkits. They still need to be added to the Tclkit
download matrix. No static builds, i.e. libstdc++ is linked-in
dynamically.

-jcw

Jean-Claude Wippler

Jun 23, 2007, 5:57:37 AM6/23/07
to starkit
Update:

> Original tclkits. They still need to be added to the Tclkit
> download matrix.

Added now, http://www.equi4.com/pub/tk/downloads.html is up to date.
Had to tweak my scripts a bit after the recent server system re-install.

Tclkit 8.4.15/8.5a6 contributions for other platforms welcome.
Though preferably the final exe's - the result-*.tar.gz's from genkit
C are now slightly less convenient for me. FWIW, there is plenty of
bandwidth and disk space to maintain this growing historical archive
of ready-to-run Tclkit builds.

-jcw

Gilles Pérez-Lambert

Sep 7, 2007, 8:30:07 PM9/7/07
to sta...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

2007/6/23, Jean-Claude Wippler <j...@equi4.com>:

> Original tclkits. They still need to be added to the Tclkit
> download matrix. No static builds, i.e. libstdc++ is linked-in
> dynamically.

How can I build a -static- version (for linux x86 at least)? I don't
see a static option in genkit. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Gilles.

Gilles Pérez-Lambert

Sep 16, 2007, 1:21:22 PM9/16/07
to sta...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

2007/9/8, Gilles Pérez-Lambert <gilles...@gmail.com>:

> How can I build a -static- version (for linux x86 at least)? I don't
> see a static option in genkit. Am I missing something?

I'll answer to my own question. :-) I found:

I followed the instructions. Well, almost. In fact, I modified the
genkit file by adding 'kitsh-static' to the 'all' section. And I
manually did the concatenation of kitsh and the runtime via 'cat kitsh
runtime85.kit > mykitsh'. I did not successfully succeed in building
tk due to a problem with xft or fontconfig but, as I wanted a
tlckit-cli only, it was not a problem for now.

Thanks,

Gilles.