Python script to download lecture videos

278 zobrazení
Preskočiť na prvú neprečítanú správu

Dodo

neprečítané,
12. 10. 2011, 16:47:0612. 10. 2011
komu: Stanford AI Class
I have written a small python script which can download lecture videos
from www.ai-class.org

Link: https://gist.github.com/1282440

usage:

download the file 'ai-class.py'
Go to the directory where you have downloaded the file

Go to command prompt/terminal and type

python ai-class.py "topic-name"

topic-names can be "Welcome to AI", "Problem Solving"

PS: Python2.6.2 should be installed in your system.

This should work for the subsequent lectures too. Will let you know if
there are any changes.

Let me know if you have any problems.
Cheers

chico charlesworth

neprečítané,
12. 10. 2011, 17:19:4512. 10. 2011
komu: stanford...@googlegroups.com
thx dodo, works a treat :), I've added the usage instructions as a comment in the gist and tweeted the gist including the #aiclass hashtag.

Cheers,
Chico

Dodo

neprečítané,
12. 10. 2011, 17:21:3412. 10. 2011
komu: Stanford AI Class
Sure, no problem.
Cheers

On Oct 13, 2:19 am, chico charlesworth <chico.charleswo...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> thx dodo, works a treat :), I've added the usage instructions as a comment
> in the gist and tweeted the gist including the #aiclass hashtag.
>
> Cheers,
> Chico
>
> On 12 October 2011 21:47, Dodo <deepakd...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I have written a small python script which can download lecture videos
> > fromwww.ai-class.org
>
> > Link:https://gist.github.com/1282440
>
> > usage:
>
> > download the file 'ai-class.py'
> > Go to the directory where you have downloaded the file
>
> > Go to command prompt/terminal and type
>
> > python ai-class.py "topic-name"
>
> > topic-names can be "Welcome to AI", "Problem Solving"
>
> > PS: Python2.6.2 should be installed in your system.
>
> > This should work for the subsequent lectures too. Will let you know if
> > there are any changes.
>
> > Let me know if you have any problems.
> > Cheers
>
> > --

Taehun Kim

neprečítané,
12. 10. 2011, 18:59:2312. 10. 2011
komu: stanford...@googlegroups.com

Thank you Dodi. I needed this.

2011. 10. 13. 오전 5:47에 "Dodo" <deepa...@gmail.com>님이 작성:

Greg

neprečítané,
13. 10. 2011, 2:35:0913. 10. 2011
komu: Stanford AI Class
Excellent! Works like magic. Thanks. Shame those are flash files....
Greg

stanford...@gmail.com

neprečítané,
13. 10. 2011, 3:52:3713. 10. 2011
komu:
From: http://twitter.com/linuxdaddy

@StanfordAIClass it's gonna be nice on the trans Atlantic flight I'm about to get on. Love it!

kahfei

neprečítané,
13. 10. 2011, 7:33:1013. 10. 2011
komu: stanford...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot Dodo, am using your script, and it is now at topic 2...
:-)

Alfredo Morresi

neprečítané,
13. 10. 2011, 10:08:0513. 10. 2011
komu: stanford...@googlegroups.com

Nice work, very useful and appreciated.

But when I run
python ai-class.py "Homework 1"
it doesn't work... It world like a charm, indeed, with unit 1 and 2.

Same behavior around or it's just me?

--
.enjoy.
Alfredo

@rainbowbreeze - http://www.rainbowbreeze.it ____________________________________________________________
"Io sono un clown, e faccio collezione di attimi..." (Heinrich Boll - Opinioni di un clown)

Dodo

neprečítané,
13. 10. 2011, 11:11:1713. 10. 2011
komu: Stanford AI Class
Yeah, it doesn't work on homework because inorder to get the links
you'll have to login with username and password from the python
script.
People will not be willing to give their login credentials to some
script. So, didn't code for that. Will try to figure something out.

On Oct 13, 7:08 pm, Alfredo Morresi <alfredo.morr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Nice work, very useful and appreciated.
>
> But when I run
> python ai-class.py "Homework 1"
> it doesn't work... It world like a charm, indeed, with unit 1 and 2.
>
> Same behavior around or it's just me?
>
> --
> .enjoy.
> Alfredo
>
> @rainbowbreeze -http://www.rainbowbreeze.it__________________________________________...
> "Io sono un clown, e faccio collezione di attimi..." (Heinrich Boll -
> Opinioni di un clown)

Shahab Eslamian

neprečítané,
13. 10. 2011, 11:38:3213. 10. 2011
komu: stanford...@googlegroups.com
You can just tell us where to edit.

Paresh Mathur

neprečítané,
13. 10. 2011, 11:43:3313. 10. 2011
komu: stanford...@googlegroups.com
can't we automate it so that it will download all the videos of a unit?

malebo kola

neprečítané,
14. 10. 2011, 9:02:1014. 10. 2011
komu: stanford...@googlegroups.com
how can i add proxy authentication to the ai-class.py?

Bitomule

neprečítané,
16. 10. 2011, 13:11:4216. 10. 2011
komu: Stanford AI Class
Thanks!! Works really fine. The only problem is that files are flv.

Dodo

neprečítané,
18. 10. 2011, 6:59:3918. 10. 2011
komu: Stanford AI Class
I have modified the code slightly. Download the updated version from
the same link. Works fine on linux machines but, there is some weird
bug when executed on windows. Trying to sort it out.
Message me if you run into any problems.
Thank you.
Cheers
Odpovedať všetkým
Odpovedať autorovi