[ANN] sqlite3-ruby is being renamed

Aaron Patterson

Jan 14, 2011, 12:11:47 PM1/14/11
to sqlite...@googlegroups.com, ruby...@ruby-lang.org
Hi everybody!

This announcement is to let you know that the sqlite3-ruby gem is being
renamed to (drum roll please) "sqlite3".

We will maintain backwards compatibility by releasing an empty
"sqlite3-ruby" gem that depends on "sqlite3". The empty sqlite3-ruby
gem will contain a post installation message that will inform people to
make the switch.

Require statements, etc will remain exactly the same. The only thing
changing is the gem name.

I will release beta gems today, and the final release some time this
weekend (PST).

A special thanks to Jakub Kuźma (http://twitter.com/qoobaa) for making
this possible. We wouldn't be able to make this switch if it weren't for
him.

Thanks!

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

--