Version 0.5.0 released!

Gaetan de Menten

Dec 8, 2007, 3:04:11 PM12/8/07
to sqle...@googlegroups.com
I am pleased to announce that version 0.5.0 of Elixir is now available.

This is mostly a bug fixes release, but we have also had some pretty
important changes to the default values for options. Please look at
http://elixir.ematia.de/trac/wiki/Migrate04to05 for detailed
upgrade notes.

Complete changelog
===============

New features:
- Added set method on base Entity (set attributes using kwargs)

Changes:
- Autosetup defaults to False ! (please look at those upgrade notes!)
- Polymorphic defaults to True (inheritance is polymorphic by default).
- Removed one of the autosetup triggers altogether: there is no "fake" mapper
registered in SQLAlchemy's mapper_registry anymore, so if you try to
access the class mapper directly (not through the 'mapper' attribute on
the class), before the setup phase happens, it won't work. This was done
because of a change in SQLAlchemy trunk (future SA 0.4.2) which broke that
piece of code (and prevented to use autosetup at all). Since that code
was a hack in the first place, instead of doing some even uglier hackery,
I got rid of it altogether.
- Moved some format strings to constants in options, so that one can change
them if he wants to.
- Allow overriding primary_key columns on autoloaded entities (closes tickets
#20 and #22)
- Columns created by ManyToOne relationships can now optionally (through
column_kwargs) *not* create an index (ie it's not harcoded anymore).
Suggestion by Jason R. Coombs.

Bug fixes:
- Fixed a nasty bug which prevented inheritance to work correctly when using
the attribute syntax in many cases.
- Fixed associable extension to work with SQLAlchemy trunk (future 0.4.2).
- Fixed an incompatibility with zope.interfaces.
- Tweaked the initialization sequence again (in fact revert an older change)
which prevented to reuse class properties of one class in other (subsequent)
classes.
- Fixed our tests to work with SA trunk (future 0.4.2) (unicode data + use of
deprecated attributes)

--
Gaëtan de Menten
http://openhex.org