Building with Visual Studio (static lib)?

domehead100

Feb 18, 2010, 11:37:46 PM2/18/10
to SQLCipher Users
Hi Folks! Thanks for creating this library Stephen!

I've just discovered SQLCipher on the web, and I'm curious if it's
possible to build SQLCipher as a static library via Visual Studio (and
I guess it could be built with Visual Studio Express as well).

Stephen, I've followed the steps you outlined in a previous thread for
building OpenSSL, and I built that as a static lib.

Sounds like I need to get an amalgamated sqllite.c created somehow,
which I could then load into a Visual Studio project and hopefully
compile a static lib from that (linking in libeay32.lib). At this
point I'm not quite sure how to get the amalgamated file created on
Windows.

I'm currently playing with using Configure via Cygwin, but frankly I
don't have much *nix development experience or experience with
configure, autoconf, etc.

Any tips? :o)

Thanks again,

~Mike

domehead100

Feb 20, 2010, 1:42:59 AM2/20/10
to SQLCipher Users
Just want to let everyone know that I think I have this sorted. I'll
post some details and my VS project when/if I'm confident it works.
At this point I've built a sqlcipher static lib based on the sqlite
Windows source distribution (individual .c/.h files), rather than the
amalgamated distribution. If this works, I'll work on the amalgamated
approach next (under the assumption that the amalgamated path produces
the best optimized code according to sqlite). I'll probably also try,
as an exercise, to see if I can swap out openssl with either the
Windows native crypto functions or another crypto library that I
typically use.

~Mike

Stephen Lombardo

Feb 24, 2010, 11:10:57 PM2/24/10
to sqlc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mike,

Thats great to hear. I'd like to take a look at your VS.NET project if you don't mind sharing it.

Cheers,
Stephen

Michael Stephenson

Feb 25, 2010, 10:41:14 AM2/25/10
to sqlc...@googlegroups.com

Hi Stephen,

Sure thing.  My project tree is attached (in 7-zip format).  I tried to see about uploading the file to the Google group, but didn’t see any option to upload files (I guess that’s by design, understandable).

As a note, it was easy to make a VS project out of this because you did such a nice, organized job with sqlcipher.  I’ve been trying it in a couple of demo projects thus far, and it works great.  So, thanks again!

~Mike

sqlcipher.7z

hari gaire

Nov 22, 2012, 4:40:10 AM11/22/12
to sqlc...@googlegroups.com

hi domehead,

do you have the VS project which works in 64 bit windows, I tried to build the VS project in 64 bit windows and I got the dll but the dll didn't work