SQL Buddy is not longer being developed

calvin

Nov 17, 2010, 8:51:39 PM11/17/10
to SQL Buddy
Hello everyone, I'm Calvin, the developer of sqlbuddy. I thought it
was about time to talk about the future of sqlbuddy. I no longer have
the time or interest to continue development. The project will remain
available for download for the foreseeable future although I don't
plan on posting any updates. I am thankful for everyone who tried out
my little experiment. I learned a lot about the process of software
development along the way.

I fully support any derivative projects (I believe someone started a
sqlsuperbuddy?). If such a project becomes popular, I would be happy
to provide a link to it from sqlbuddy.com (along with a recommendation
to download it instead of sqlbuddy).

Calvin

Simon Blackbourn

Nov 18, 2010, 8:04:47 AM11/18/10
to sql-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Calvin

Thank you for all your work on SQLBuddy - it's a great app in my opinion, and I really appreciate all that you have done with it.

Thanks also for letting us know about your plans and for being open to the idea of other people taking it forwards from here.

Would you be happy for this list to continue to be used for discussions, or would it be better for interested people to start a new one?

All the best
Simon

John Hamelink

Nov 18, 2010, 8:17:40 AM11/18/10
to sql-...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

Thanks very much for spending time on SQLbuddy. It's been so handy for me in in certain situations. I'd just like to show my appreciation, and good luck in the future.

John Hamelink
Freelance Web developer.

calvin

Nov 18, 2010, 9:45:04 AM11/18/10
to SQL Buddy
Hi Simon, feel free to continue using this list. The discussion that
has been going on here is great. I like seeing people help out one
another.

Calvin

On Nov 18, 7:04 am, Simon Blackbourn <piema...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Calvin
>
> Thank you for all your work on SQLBuddy - it's a great app in my opinion,
> and I really appreciate all that you have done with it.
>
> Thanks also for letting us know about your plans and for being open to the
> idea of other people taking it forwards from here.
>
> Would you be happy for this list to continue to be used for discussions, or
> would it be better for interested people to start a new one?
>
> All the best
> Simon

Rajkumar

Dec 27, 2010, 5:54:52 AM12/27/10
to SQL Buddy
Hi Calvin,

I am Rajkumar working as Oracle,MySQL DBA and also dealing with ETL
process.
I have been working with SQLBuddy for long time and its great. But as
for sqlbuddy concerns
only with DB related. I have added some MySQL administration to it.

Thanks,
Raj