Global Exception Handler in SQL Anywhere Database

BadDotNetCoda

Oct 8, 2009, 3:17:33 AM10/8/09
to SQL Anywhere Web Development
Hi,
maybe it would be a nice feature if developers could implement a
Global Exception Handler.
In case of errors in procedures invoked via a database event there is
only a error message in the database console.
With a Global Exception Handler I could develop a general error
notification e.g via email.
there is an event for after RAISEERROR. Does there exists somthing
like that for native database exceptions?
best regards.

Eric Farrar

Oct 8, 2009, 12:01:54 PM10/8/09
to SQL Anywhere Web Development
Hello,

Unfortunately, there is nothing inside of SQL Anywhere to allow you to
specify a top-level exception handler that will be called on any
native database exception. I do understand why this would be useful
(especially in a web context), and I have passed this idea on to the
appropriate engineers. Thank you for the feedback.

- Eric

Bill

Oct 13, 2009, 11:01:46 PM10/13/09
to SQL Anywhere Web Development
this would be GREAT!!

We love the error object feature in PowerBuilder that allows us to
have a single error handler reporting error, object, line, etc.