Missing .gitignore in my spree

Alfred Chung

Nov 20, 2010, 5:41:44 AM11/20/10
to Spree
Hi all,

I am a newbie here~ also new to spree and ruby on rails
And I think the question below must be easy to you~

I am following the guide on
http://spreecommerce.com/documentation/extensions.html
to create my first extension and customize my spree
but while I do
rails g spree:extension try
it create certain file as below

create try
create try/config
create try/db
create try/public
create try/LICENSE
create try/Rakefile
create try/README.md
and the error below come up
Could not find ".gitignore" in any of your source paths. Your
current source paths are:
/home/alfred/mystore/lib/templates/spree/extension
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/spree-0.30.0/lib/generators/templates

Is that I do any things wrong?

Thanks in advance~
Alfred

apneadiving

Nov 21, 2010, 3:16:41 PM11/21/10
to Spree
Hi,

you've done everything right, don't worry.

Just add the requested file, it will work like a charm.

Create a '.gitignore' file int he following folder: /home/alfred/
mystore/lib/templates/spree/extension.

Cheers,

Ben