Spree release 1.0.0.rc2 version: Error: No 000 dir in ../tmp/cache/001/

Tom

Jan 23, 2012, 4:14:17 PM1/23/12
to Spree
I notice that folks who is upgrading their spree version from 0.70.xxx
to 1.00.0rc2
encounter this issue: "No 000 dir exist in ../tmp/cache/001/"

The interim hack locally is to create the 000 directory back on the
../tmp/cache/001/.."

But this is still a bug that needed to be fix in the release 1.00.0rc2
version.

Currently i can't deploy to my heroku stack because i'm can't create
the 000 dir manually.
I listed the heroku error below as well for your reference.

My questions is how to fix this for good?
Where in the spree core codes that tell about 000 dir needed to be
created?
Can someone in the spree team please give some advice on this issue?
Thanks :- )

In my heroku logs:
==============>
2012-01-23T20:33:35+00:00 app[web.1]: Errno::ENOTDIR (Not a directory
- (/app/tmp/cache/00020120123-1-1fawedq, /app/tmp/cache/001/000/)):
==============>

In my local development logs:
===============>
No such file or directory - (/Users/xxx/Documents/ruby/spree1/tmp/
cache/00020120121-28142-third1, /Users/xxxx/Documents/ruby/spree1/
tmp/
cache/001/000/)
===============>

Jones Lee

Jan 23, 2012, 5:49:03 PM1/23/12
to spree...@googlegroups.com
Can you please enlist steps to reproduce?

Sean Schofield

Jan 23, 2012, 5:52:21 PM1/23/12
to spree...@googlegroups.com
Yes please do. This sounds like a problem.

Sean

Ryan Bigg

Jan 23, 2012, 11:34:28 PM1/23/12
to spree...@googlegroups.com
I *can* reproduce this problem.

I think we should be seriously looking into this one. Seems like a mild inconvenience for people upgrading to 1.0 from 0.70.

Ryan Bigg

Jan 24, 2012, 12:03:05 AM1/24/12
to spree...@googlegroups.com
Appears to be a preferences thing, so I'll knock this one over to John Dyer who's a pro at that kind of thing.

Alex

Jan 24, 2012, 2:26:29 AM1/24/12
to spree...@googlegroups.com
I had same error after upgrade from 0.60.x to 1.0.x. To resolve I had to remove all preferences from database.

--
Alex

Ryan Bigg

Jan 24, 2012, 3:00:45 AM1/24/12
to spree...@googlegroups.com
Right, but that is not ideal because people may be slightly attached to their preferences ;)

Tom

Jan 24, 2012, 6:22:46 PM1/24/12
to Spree
Thanks for repro the issue and taking a look at it so fast.
You guys are fast as responding which is so awesome :- )

- Thomas

On Jan 24, 12:00 am, Ryan Bigg <r...@spreecommerce.com> wrote:
> Right, but that is not ideal because people may be slightly attached to their preferences ;)
>
> On 24/01/2012, at 18:26, Alex <devilcod...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I had same error after upgrade from 0.60.x to 1.0.x. To resolve I had to remove all preferences from database.
>
> > --
> > Alex
>
> > вторник, 24 января 2012 г. в 07:03, Ryan Bigg написал:
>
> >> Appears to be a preferences thing, so I'll knock this one over to John Dyer who's a pro at that kind of thing.

schof

Jan 27, 2012, 3:15:26 PM1/27/12
to Spree
We're looking into it now.

Sean

Josh

Jan 23, 2012, 6:28:07 PM1/23/12
to Spree
I ran into the same issues and decided not to upgrade yet.

As a temporary fix, run:
heroku console
in the console type this:
`mkdir -p tmp/cache/001/000`

those are back-ticks (under the ~)

tmp gets cleared so this is really hackish.

Ryan Bigg

Jan 30, 2012, 3:36:35 PM1/30/12
to spree...@googlegroups.com
This error will be fixed when https://github.com/spree/spree/pull/1051 is merged.