Fresh install giving Databse errors

miah

Feb 8, 2011, 11:46:41 AM2/8/11
to Spree
I just installed spree on to my development box.

Ubuntu 10.4
ruby 1.8.7
RoR 3.0.3 (or 2.3.8)

I followed these instructions:
http://spreecommerce.com/documentation/getting_started.html

and I loaded the static_content extension:
https://github.com/spree/spree-static-content/

However now, I'm getting an error on the index page that products is
missing individual_sale

From a quick google, it appears that my products table is missing:
functional_name: string,
auto_created: boolean,
euro: boolean,
supplier_id: integer,
can_be_part: boolean,
individual_sale:boolean

Any ideas what extension i'm missing/haven't run yet?

Gem file
-----------
gem 'spree'
gem 'spree_active_shipping', :git => 'https://github.com/spree/
spree_active_shipping.git'
gem 'spree_product_assembly', :git => 'git://github.com/spree/spree-
product-assembly.git'
gem 'spree_static_content', :git => 'git://github.com/spree/spree-
static-content.git'
gem 'spree_editor'

Sean Schofield

Feb 8, 2011, 3:39:13 PM2/8/11
to spree...@googlegroups.com
Did you copy over the basic Spree migrations and run them?

rake spree:install
rake db:migrate db:seed

Sean Schofield

Miah Petersen

Feb 8, 2011, 3:57:48 PM2/8/11
to spree...@googlegroups.com
Yes.

Here is the products definition from the migration:
create_table "products", :force => true do |t|
      t.string   "name",                 :default => "", :null => false
      t.text     "description"
      t.datetime "created_at"
      t.datetime "updated_at"
      t.string   "permalink"
      t.datetime "available_on"
      t.integer  "tax_category_id"
      t.integer  "shipping_category_id"
      t.datetime "deleted_at"
      t.string   "meta_description"
      t.string   "meta_keywords"
    end

My guess is that I am missing an extension because when I installed the first time, I forgot to the spree_static_content gem, which lead to a database error stating that the table pages didn't exist.

Sean Schofield

Feb 11, 2011, 3:38:14 PM2/11/11
to spree...@googlegroups.com
The newer extension all have rake tasks for copying over the
migrations as well (ie. rake spree_social:install) You need to run
those as well. Rails 3.1 is going to make it automatic that
extensions are run within the engine without requiring this.

Sean Schofield

Rails Dog LLC
2 Wisconsin Circle, Suite 700
Chevy Chase, MD 20815