Upcoming Release

1 view

Sean Schofield

Apr 19, 2009, 9:41:19 PM4/19/09
to spree...@googlegroups.com
We're still on track for the big 0.8.0 release (complete with revamped
front and backend interface) by the end of April. Other then the
graphic touch ups that Wynn is working on, we're going to be be
putting a freeze on new features until the next release.

That doesn't mean that we don't want your contributions. Once Wynn
gets done with the graphic touch ups we'll be creating a 0.8.x branch
and that will be the "stable" branch used for the new release. New
stuff will continue to be dropped into the master at that point.

Important things to take away from this.

1.) We know there are a bunch of bugs in the current master and we'll
be focused on fixing them
2.) We want your excellent new features and ideas but this takes
priority
3.) We'll keep pulling your new features during this process (time
permitting)
4.) We need help with both reporting and fixing bugs.

Looking forward to celebrating the big release with everyone at this
year's Rails Conf!

Sean