Can't locate utf8.pm in @INC (@INC contains: PERL2EXE_STORAGE

wri

Aug 12, 2008, 7:35:01 AM8/12/08
to Spreadsheet::WriteExcel
Hi

I'm new here and I have a problem, maybe you know already about:

I installed Perl 5.10.0 and
Spreadsheet-WriteExcel, 2.23 from your Spreadsheet::WriteExcel
repository:
http://homepage.eircom.net/~jmcnamara/perl

But I run the compiled version of our perl programm I get the message:

Can't locate utf8.pm in @INC (@INC contains: PERL2EXE_STORAGE....
at PERL2EXE_STORAGE/Spreadsheet/WriteExcel/Format.pm line 534
--> the excel-file is created but empty

the non-compiled version is running fine and it creates a valid excel-
file!

thank you for a hint, Werner

jmcnamara

Aug 12, 2008, 2:38:16 PM8/12/08
to Spreadsheet::WriteExcel
On Aug 12, 12:35 pm, wri <werner.rini...@confront.ch> wrote:

> Can't locate utf8.pm in @INC (@INC contains: PERL2EXE_STORAGE....
> at PERL2EXE_STORAGE/Spreadsheet/WriteExcel/Format.pm line 534
> --> the excel-file is created but empty

Hi Werner,

Try adding "use Encode;" to the top of your program.

It is required by Spreadsheet::WriteExcel but it is only pulled in at
run time on 5.8+ systems in order to be compatible with older perl
versions.

As such, perl2exe probably misses it when it is preparing the
"executable". By including it explicitly in your program you should
force it to be included.

If that doesn't work try the "#perl2exe_include" pragma. See the
following for details: http://www.indigostar.com/pxman.htm

John.

Werner Riniker

Aug 15, 2008, 2:38:12 AM8/15/08
to spreadsheet...@googlegroups.com
Hi John

Thank you for the answer.
I will try again , because I found yout tipps already on the net.
Maybe you know, why there is no 5.10 official version of
Spreadsheet::WriteExcel (See forum entry on ActiveState below)

Are you able to propose the best Version-Mix of: perl, perl2exe,
WriteExcel ? Because in my case it has not be perl 5.10

Thank you very much for a short feedback

Werner

Spreadsheet::WriteExcel in 5.10
Posted by paperRam on 2008-07-23 07:57
OS: Windows XP Pro

I developed a script a while ago in Perl 5.8 (latest version at the
time) which uses the Spreadsheet::WriteExcel module. I recently received
a report from a user that in Perl 5.10 it was not possible to find
Spreadsheet::WriteExcel in PPM unless a certain private repository was
added (namely http://homepage.eircom.net/~jmcnamara/perl ). The user
reported that in the end he was successful in installing the module from
this private repository and that my script did work.

However, I would like to know why this module has apparently been
removed from the ActiveState repository for 5.10, since it seems like
the module itself does work in 5.10. Are there any plans to restore it
to the repository?

jmcnamara schrieb:

Werner Riniker-Gertiser
Fritz Fleiner-Weg 6
8044 Zürich
Mobile 079 276 83 34 Telefon 044 262 62 66
werner....@confront.ch www.confront.ch

jmcnamara

Aug 15, 2008, 10:50:25 AM8/15/08
to Spreadsheet::WriteExcel

On Aug 15, 7:38 am, Werner Riniker <werner.rini...@confront.ch> wrote:
> Thank you for the answer.
> I will try again , because I found yout tipps already on the net.
> Maybe you know, why there is no 5.10 official version of
> Spreadsheet::WriteExcel (See forum entry on ActiveState below)

Hi Werner,

The reason that Spreadsheet::WriteExcel doesn't show up in the
repository for 5.10 is explained in the following thread (with
suggested workarounds for installing it):

http://groups.google.com/group/spreadsheet-writeexcel/browse_thread/thread/6f27397816f48463/e4c399a5649a5dee?lnk=st&q=#e4c399a5649a5dee

John.

Werner Riniker

Aug 21, 2008, 10:04:06 AM8/21/08
to spreadsheet...@googlegroups.com
Hi John

Again , thank you for your advice the problem is gone when i use utf8
explicity. Only a minor problemleft over.

Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
PERL2EXE_STORAGE/utf8_heavy.pl line 211.
Use of uninitialized value in scalar assignment at
PERL2EXE_STORAGE/utf8_heavy.pl line 227.
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
PERL2EXE_STORAGE/utf8_heavy.pl line 228.
Use of uninitialized value in scalar assignment at
PERL2EXE_STORAGE/utf8_heavy.pl line 288.
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
PERL2EXE_STORAGE/utf8_heavy.pl line 329.
Use of uninitialized value in scalar assignment at
PERL2EXE_STORAGE/utf8_heavy.pl line 346.
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
PERL2EXE_STORAGE/utf8_heavy.pl line 347.
Unknown method: $self->set_align

do you know any methode to solve also this problem?

Thank you, Werner

jmcnamara

Aug 22, 2008, 7:06:42 PM8/22/08
to Spreadsheet::WriteExcel

On Aug 21, 3:04 pm, Werner Riniker <werner.rini...@confront.ch> wrote:
> Hi John
>
> Again , thank you for your advice the problem is gone when i use utf8
> explicity. Only a minor problemleft over.
>
> Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
> PERL2EXE_STORAGE/utf8_heavy.pl line 211.

Hi Werner,

This is more than a little obscure but it turns out you need to add
the following at the top of you program to get perl2exe to include the
right modules to handle Unicode support in Spreadsheet::WriteExcel:

use Encode;
use Encode::Unicode;
use utf8;
require 'unicore/lib/gc_sc/Digit.pl';

I figured this out using the "-p2x_test" command line option to the
executable produced by perl2exe (and with a little googling). If the
above includes don't suffice in your case try the "-p2x_test" on your
executable. You can ignore the following:

John.

jmcnamara

Aug 22, 2008, 7:08:47 PM8/22/08
to Spreadsheet::WriteExcel
That should be:

You can ignore the following -p2x_test warnings:

P2X_TEST: (null)/sitecustomize.pl NOT FOUND IN MEMORY
P2X_TEST: Encode/ConfigLocal.pm NOT FOUND IN MEMORY

John.