Windows Vista

Gwyn Williams

Jun 26, 2008, 6:02:17 AM6/26/08
to spreadsheet...@googlegroups.com
John,

Just a quick questions, I use and have been using Spreadsheet-WriteExcel for some time. I have now obtained a Windows Vista machine. Whem I query PPM the Module does not appear on the list, is this because it is not compatible with Vista?

Kind Rgds,
Gwyn Williams

jmcnamara

Jun 26, 2008, 7:03:08 AM6/26/08
to Spreadsheet::WriteExcel

On Jun 26, 11:02 am, Gwyn Williams <g4...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> John,
> Just a quick questions, I use and have been using Spreadsheet-WriteExcel for some time. I have now obtained a Windows Vista machine. Whem I query PPM the Module does not appear on the list, is this because it is not compatible with Vista?

Hi,

There shouldn't be any incompatibility with Vista.
Spreadsheet::WriteExcel is a pure Perl module so if perl works on your
system then the module should as well.

However, ActiveState seem to be having problems keeping their
repositories up to date lately. See the following for instructions on
how to add an alternative site:

"Spreadsheet::WriteExcel and the ActivePerl 5.10 PPM repository ":
http://groups.google.com/group/spreadsheet-writeexcel/browse_frm/thread/5329a313ecb5289d/c2c8b6953667d413

Let me know if you still have problems after that.

John.

jmcnamara

Jun 27, 2008, 6:49:20 AM6/27/08
to Spreadsheet::WriteExcel
On Jun 26, 11:02 am, Gwyn Williams <g4...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> John,
> Just a quick questions, I use and have been using Spreadsheet-WriteExcel for some time. I have now obtained a Windows Vista machine. Whem I query PPM the Module does not appear on the list

Hi,

It appears that ActiveState have given up on updating there older PPM
repositories. See here for details:

However, they do have an updated repository for Perl 5.10 on Windows:
http://ppm.activestate.com/beta/

As shown at the above link you can add this to your ppm repository
list as follows:
ppm repo add http://ppm.activestate.com/beta/MSWin32-x86/5.10/1000/
"as-beta"

If you also want to add the Spreadsheet::WriteExcel repository you can
follow the ppm gui instructions above or do the following from the
command line:
ppm repo add http://homepage.eircom.net/~jmcnamara/perl