Spiritual Words.

1 view

Mark Sadek

Feb 1, 2012, 11:42:06 PM2/1/12
to spiritu...@googlegroups.com

"Deem him to be a man of God who by reason of much compassion has mortified himself even with regard to necessary wants; for he who gives alms to a poor man has God to take care of him. And a man who has become poor for His sake has found inexhaustible treasures."

St. Isaac the Syrian.

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love." 1 John 4:18

The Bible reading for the 24th of Toba, February 2nd, is:
1 Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2 Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish. 3 Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them, 4 but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. 5 But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept. 6 And at midnight a cry was heard: `Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!' 7 Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps. 8 And the foolish said to the wise, `Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.' 9 But the wise answered, saying, `No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.' 10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut. 11 Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, `Lord, Lord, open to us!' 12 But he answered and said, `Assure

dly, I say to you, I do not know you.' 13 Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming. (Matt. 25:1-13)
Departure of St. Mary the Ascetic (The Shut-In).
Martyrdom of Anba Bisada (St. Psati), the Priest.

The Bible reading for the 25th of Toba, February 3rd, is: Luke 16:1-12
Departure of St. Peter, the Worshipper.
Martyrdom of St. Askala (Asela), the Ascetic.

Prayer Requests:

Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani - Awaiting execution in Iran
Aida E. - Liver Cancer.
Simon G. - Urinary tract disability and back problems.
Ibrahim - Lung cancer
Amal - Breast cancer
Wageh S.- Cancer and heart surgeries
George A. - Respiratory Problems.
Fr. Athanasius Ava Mina - Intestinal problems.
Huda S. - Peace and health.
The family of Mary R.
Rita P. - Ovarian Cancer
Julia M.S. - An infant with a lung deficiency disorder
Julie - In a coma from a serious car accident
Marian L - Late stage MS
Nadia - Lung cancer
Heidi - Difficulty to conceive
John - Brain aneurysm
Eva - Paralyzed from a stroke
Sonty P. - Suffering from cancer. Please pray for her healing and financial ability.
Lidya P. - Suffering from a stroke.
Rev. Davy P. - Suffering from hepatitis type B.
Somaya M. - Being tested for breast cancer.
Peter and family - inoperable grade 4 brain tumour
Eman, Hany and Daniel - Suffered serious injuries from a car accident
The family of Neveen M.
Emil S. - Open heart surgery.
Clement - Lung and liver cancer
M.M.- metabolic syndrome
Sherien - Cancer
Emad. Please pray for his family
Scott - Crones Disease
J. Shapiro - Cancer.
C.L. - Complete recovery after a tragic car accident.
M. Ragheb - Out of the ICU but he is still under critical care
M. Fleming - Multiple brain and spinal cord diseases.
Fr. Wissa Bessada
G. Roubil - Out of ICU
The Coptic mission trip to Mexico.
Camilo, Julio Renaldo, Diego and family, Hong and Pablo - Accept the faith and get baptized.
H.H. Pope Shenouda III
David - rectal and liver cancer.
The family of Larry W. - May the Lord grant them peace.
H.M - Hardship.
William H. - Cancer
Makram G. - Liver Cirrhosis in the last stages
Emad - Lung cancer.
Albert - Operation
Abanoub
Eva S - Recovery from a heart surgery.
M.B.- Breast Cancer
Mark - brain tumor
Fr. Anthony H.
Luka-- May God unite him with his family.
F.Z. may God help him in his service.
Tasony Esther, May God heal her and comfort her.
Akmal T. - Major heart surgery.
Amal M - Lymphoma Cancer.
Shery - Tumor near her spinal chord.
E.Salamah - Breast Cancer.
Mena - Displaced mandibular joint.
Esme - Severe lupus with heart & brain function involvement.
Yvone Y. - Serious Eye Surgery. The doctors now feel she might not need the surgery at all.
Anthony - PTSD from Iraq
Elisha Mary - return to Communion
E. - Brain tumor, 22 yrs old with 2 kids.
M. Chouinard and her family and students.
Sharon P - Temporal Lobe Epilepsy, PTSD
Jan P - pancreatic cancer
Becky Cox D - bone marrow cancer
Eric G - throat cancer
Samantha M - Type 1 diabetes
Amelia T - Breast Cancer
Anthony C - Kidney Stones
Emad: To be closer to God
Safa: To be closer to God
Badra: Comfort
Souzy: Guidance
Leelamma M - Please pray for her family.
Vladimir and Vaclav.
Steve - Depression.
M Said.
Viola - Pray for her soul and her family to know the Lord and understand HIS work
Sandy: God open her eyes, give her wisdom
Nicole: Wisdom
Hazem A. - Overcome his addiction, and gives him strength & will power.
Kip - Her spine is breaking down & will need surgery to have a rod inserted.
Katherine - Make right decisions as she enters adulthood.
Susan - Finds peace and overcome her suicidal thoughts.
Sue's family - Return, as a family, to our church and find peace.
Jacky A. and Family.
John D. - Job
L&M - Aspberger's syndrome
ME- return to God, the Church & the Sacraments
KEE - patience, perseverance, faith, strength, healing
Z. Saddak - Health
The Orthodox community in Olympia, WA

Please remember me in your prayers.

Please pray for the peace of the world.

Mark Sadek

Feb 2, 2012, 8:45:23 PM2/2/12
to spiritu...@googlegroups.com

"Dispassion engenders love, hope in God engenders dispassion, and patience and forbearance engender hope in God; these in turn are the product of complete self-control, which springs from fear of God. Fear of God is the result of faith in God."

St. Maximos the Confessor.

"For with You is the fountain of life; In Your light we see light. Oh, continue Your lovingkindness to those who know You, And Your righteousness to the upright in heart." Psalm 36:9-10

The Bible reading for the 25th of Toba, February 3rd, is:
1 He also said to His disciples: There was a certain rich man who had a steward, and an accusation was brought to him that this man was wasting his goods. 2 So he called him and said to him, `What is this I hear about you? Give an account of your stewardship, for you can no longer be steward.' 3 Then the steward said within himself, `What shall I do? For my master is taking the stewardship away from me. I cannot dig; I am ashamed to beg. 4 `I have resolved what to do, that when I am put out of the stewardship, they may receive me into their houses.' 5 So he called every one of his master's debtors to him, and said to the first, `How much do you owe my master?' 6 And he said, `A hundred measures of oil.' So he said to him, `Take your bill, and sit down quickly and write fifty.' 7 Then he said to another, `And how much do you owe?' So he said, `A hundred measures of wheat.' And he said to him, `Take your bill, and write eighty.' 8 So the master commended the unjust steward because he ha

d dealt shrewdly. For the sons of this world are more shrewd in their generation than the sons of light. 9 And I say to you, make friends for yourselves by unrighteous mammon, that when you fail, they may receive you into an everlasting home. 10 He who is faithful in what is least is faithful also in much; and he who is unjust in what is least is unjust also in much. 11 Therefore if you have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches? 12 And if you have not been faithful in what is another man's, who will give you what is your own?. (Luke 16:1-12)

Departure of St. Peter, the Worshipper.
Martyrdom of St. Askala (Asela), the Ascetic.

The Bible reading for the 26th of Toba, February 4th, is: Matthew 4:23-5:16
Martyrdom of the Forty-Nine Saints, the Elders of Sheheat (Scetis).
Departure of St. Anastasia.

The Bible reading for the 27th of Toba, February 5th, is: John 9:1-38
Martyrdom of St. Sarapion.
Commemoration of the Archangel Suriel.
The Relocation of the Relics of St. Timothy, the Apostle.
Martyrdom of St. Abe-Fam, the Soldier (St. Phoebammon).

Mark Sadek

Feb 6, 2012, 9:52:17 PM2/6/12
to spiritu...@googlegroups.com

"There is a false kind of humility which rises from careless neglect or the pangs of conscience. People who have this think it ushers in salvation, but it does not, for it does not have as is companion that sorrow which alone is the bringer of joy."

St. Symeon the New Theologian.

"You have forgiven the iniquity of Your people; You have covered all their sin. Selah You have taken away all Your wrath; You have turned from the fierceness of Your anger." Psalm 85:2-3

The Bible reading for the 29th of Toba, February 7th, is:
29 And while the crowds were thickly gathered together, He began to say, This is an evil generation. It seeks a sign, and no sign will be given to it except the sign of Jonah the prophet. 30 For as Jonah became a sign to the Ninevites, so also the Son of Man will be to this generation. 31 The queen of the South will rise up in the judgment with the men of this generation and condemn them, for she came from the ends of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and indeed a greater than Solomon is here. 32 The men of Nineveh will rise up in the judgment with this generation and condemn it, for they repented at the preaching of Jonah; and indeed a greater than Jonah is here. 33 No one, when he has lit a lamp, puts it in a secret place or under a basket, but on a lampstand, that those who come in may see the light. 34 The lamp of the body is the eye. Therefore, when your eye is good, your whole body also is full of light. But when your eye is bad, your body also is full of darkness. 35 The

refore take heed that the light which is in you is not darkness. 36 If then your whole body is full of light, having no part dark, the whole body will be full of light, as when the bright shining of a lamp gives you light. (Luke 11:29-36)
Departure of St. Eksani (St. Xene).
Commemoration of St. Seriakos (Syriacus), the Fighter.
Departure of Fr. Andrewas El Samuelly.

The Bible reading for the 30th of Toba, February 8th, is: Matthew 15:32-16:4
Martyrdom of Saints Pistis, Helpis, Agape, and Their Mother, Sophia.

Mark Sadek

Feb 7, 2012, 11:23:04 PM2/7/12
to spiritu...@googlegroups.com

"He who wishes to inherit the kingdom of heaven, yet does not patiently endure what befalls him, shows himself...ungrateful... For he was created by God's grace, has received all things in this world, awaits what is to come, and has been called to reign eternally with Christ, who has honoured him, in spite of his nothingness, with such great gifts, visible and invisible, to the extent even of shedding His most precious blood for him, not asking anything from him at all except that he should choose to receive His blessings."

St. Peter of Damascus.

"May the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you." 1 Peter 5:10

The Bible reading for the 30th of Toba, February 8th, is:
32 Now Jesus called His disciples to Himself and said, I have compassion on the multitude, because they have now continued with Me three days and have nothing to eat. And I do not want to send them away hungry, lest they faint on the way. 33 Then His disciples said to Him, Where could we get enough bread in the wilderness to fill such a great multitude? 34 Jesus said to them, How many loaves do you have? And they said, Seven, and a few little fish. 35 So He commanded the multitude to sit down on the ground. 36 And He took the seven loaves and the fish and gave thanks, broke them and gave them to His disciples; and the disciples gave to the multitude. 37 So they all ate and were filled, and they took up seven large baskets full of the fragments that were left. 38 Now those who ate were four thousand men, besides women and children. 39 And He sent away the multitude, got into the boat, and came to the region of Magdala.
16:1 Then the Pharisees and Sadducees came, and testing Him asked that He would show them a sign from heaven. 2 He answered and said to them, When it is evening you say, `It will be fair weather, for the sky is red'; 3 and in the morning, `It will be foul weather today, for the sky is red and threatening.' Hypocrites! You know how to discern the face of the sky, but you cannot discern the signs of the times. 4 A wicked and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign shall be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah. And He left them and departed. (Matt. 15:32-16:4)

Martyrdom of Saints Pistis, Helpis, Agape, and Their Mother, Sophia.

The Bible reading for the 1st of Amshir, February 9th, is: John 2:12-25
Commemoration of the Ecumenical Council in Constantinople.
Commemoration of the Consecration of the Church of St. Peter, the Seal of Martyrs.

spiritu...@gmail.com

Feb 7, 2012, 11:51:23 PM2/7/12
to SpiritualWords

Mark Sadek

Feb 8, 2012, 10:19:12 PM2/8/12
to spiritu...@googlegroups.com

"For He did not take His descent from from the angels, rather from Abraham's line, and thus it was fitting that He should be made like His brethren in all things" (Heb. 2:16-17). And this likeness in all things has as a kind of beginning, or as the inception of the affair, His birth from a woman; His revelation in the flesh, even though in terms of His own nature He is invisible; His abasement in the human condition for the economy of salvation, even though He has the transcendent name; His humbling to manhood, even though He is raised high above the Thrones; and His acceptance of servile limitations, even though He by nature the Lord (Phil. 2:6f). And all this because "The Word was God" (Jn. 1:1)

St. Cyril of Alexandria.

"I called on the Lord in distress; The Lord answered me and set me in a broad place." Psalm 118:5

The Bible reading for the 1st of Amshir, February 9th, is:
12 After this He went down to Capernaum, He, His mother, His brothers, and His disciples; and they did not stay there many days. 13 Now the Passover of the Jews was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem. 14 And He found in the temple those who sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the moneychangers doing business. 15 When He had made a whip of cords, He drove them all out of the temple, with the sheep and the oxen, and poured out the changers' money and overturned the tables. 16 And He said to those who sold doves, Take these things away! Do not make My Father's house a house of merchandise! 17 Then His disciples remembered that it was written, Zeal for Your house has eaten Me up. 18 So the Jews answered and said to Him, What sign do You show to us, since You do these things? 19 Jesus answered and said to them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. 20 Then the Jews said, It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days? 21 B

ut He was speaking of the temple of His body. 22 Therefore, when He had risen from the dead, His disciples remembered that He had said this to them; and they believed the Scripture and the word which Jesus had said. 23 Now when He was in Jerusalem at the Passover, during the feast, many believed in His name when they saw the signs which He did. 24 But Jesus did not commit Himself to them, because He knew all men, 25 and had no need that anyone should testify of man, for He knew what was in man. (John 2:12-25)
Jonah's Feast

Commemoration of the Ecumenical Council in Constantinople.
Commemoration of the Consecration of the Church of St. Peter, the Seal of Martyrs.

The Bible reading for the 2nd of Amshir, February 10th, is: Mark 9:33-41
Departure of the Great Saint Anba Paul, the First Hermit.
Departure of St. Longinus, Abbot of El-Zugag Monastery.

Mark Sadek

Feb 9, 2012, 9:46:13 PM2/9/12
to spiritu...@googlegroups.com

"True hope seeks the Kingdom of God alone and is convinced that everything earthly that is necessary for this transitory life will unfailingly be given. The heart cannot have peace until it acquires this hope. It gives peace to the heart and brings joy to it."

St. Seraphim of Sarov.

"But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

The Bible reading for the 2nd of Amshir, February 10th, is:
33 Then He came to Capernaum. And when He was in the house He asked them, What was it you disputed among yourselves on the road? 34 But they kept silent, for on the road they had disputed among themselves who would be the greatest. 35 And He sat down, called the twelve, and said to them, If anyone desires to be first, he shall be last of all and servant of all. 36 Then He took a little child and set him in the midst of them. And when He had taken him in His arms, He said to them, 37 Whoever receives one of these little children in My name receives Me; and whoever receives Me, receives not Me but Him who sent Me. 38 Now John answered Him, saying, Teacher, we saw someone who does not follow us casting out demons in Your name, and we forbade him because he does not follow us. 39 But Jesus said, Do not forbid him, for no one who works a miracle in My name can soon afterward speak evil of Me. 40 For he who is not against us is on our side. 41 For whoever gives you a cup of water to drink i

n My name, because you belong to Christ, assuredly, I say to you, he will by no means lose his reward. (Mark 9:33-41)

Departure of the Great Saint Anba Paul, the First Hermit.
Departure of St. Longinus, Abbot of El-Zugag Monastery.

The Bible reading for the 3rd of Amshir, February 11th, is: Luke 16:1-12
Departure of St. James, the Ascetic.

The Bible reading for the 4th of Amshir, February 12th, is: John 6:22-27
Martyrdom of St. Agabus, One of the Seventy Disciples.