Spiritual Words.

1 view

Mark Sadek

May 13, 2010, 11:22:15 PM5/13/10
to spiritu...@googlegroups.com

"As earth thrown over it extinguishes a fire burning in a stove, so worldly cares and every kind of attachment to something, however small and insignificant, destroy the warmth of the heart which was there at first."

St. Simeon the New Theologian.

"All things are lawful for me, but all things are not helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any." 1 Corinthians 6:12

The Bible reading for the 6th of Bashans, May 14th, is:
26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. 27 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. 28 You have heard Me say to you, `I am going away and coming back to you.' If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, `I am going to the Father,' for My Father is greater than I. 29 And now I have told you before it comes, that when it does come to pass, you may believe. 30 I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming, and he has nothing in Me. 31 But that the world may know that I love the Father, and as the Father gave Me commandment, so I do. Arise, let us go from here. (John 14:26-31)
Martyrdom of St. Isaac El-Defrawi.
Departure of St. Macarius of Alexandria.
Departure of Father Paphnute of El-Bandarah.

The Bible reading for the 7th of Bashans, May 15th, is: John 16:15-23
Departure of St. Athanasius the Apostolic the 20th. Pope of Alexandria.

The Bible reading for the 8th of Bashans, May 16th, is: John 16:23-33
Martyrdom of St. John of Senhout.
Departure of St. Daniel the Archpriest of Sheahat (Scetis).

Prayer Requests:

Julia M.S. - An infant with a lung deficiency disorder
Julie - In a coma from a serious car accident
Marian L - Late stage MS
Nadia - Lung cancer
Heidi - Difficulty to conceive
John - Brain aneurysm
Eva - Paralyzed from a stroke
Sonty P. - Suffering from cancer. Please pray for her healing and financial ability.
Lidya P. - Suffering from a stroke.
Rev. Davy P. - Suffering from hepatitis type B.
Kassab - Back operation.
Somaya M. - Being tested for breast cancer.
Peter and family - inoperable grade 4 brain tumour
Eman, Hany and Daniel - Suffered serious injuries from a car accident
The family of Neveen M.
Emil S. - Open heart surgery.
Clement - Lung and liver cancer
M.M.- metabolic syndrome
Mary Ann G. - Stomach Cancer
Sherien - Cancer
Emad. Please pray for his family
Scott - Crones Disease
J. Shapiro - Cancer.
C.L. - Complete recovery after a tragic car accident.
T.M. - Imprisoned in Abu Dhabi
M. Ragheb - Out of the ICU but he is still under critical care
M. Fleming - Multiple brain and spinal cord diseases.
Fr. Wissa Bessada
G. Roubil - Out of ICU
Elizabeth - Liver cancer.
The Coptic mission trip to Mexico.
Camilo, Julio Renaldo, Diego and family, Hong and Pablo - Accept the faith and get baptized.
H.H. Pope Shenouda III
David - rectal and liver cancer.
The family of Larry W. - May the Lord grant them peace.
H.M - Hardship.
William H. - Cancer
Makram G. - Liver Cirrhosis in the last stages
Emad - Lung cancer.
Albert - Operation
Abanoub
Eva S - Recovered well from breast cancer; thanks for everyone's prayers!
M.B.- Breast Cancer
Mark - brain tumor
Fr. Anthony H.
Luka-- May God unite him with his family.
F.Z. may God help him in his service.
Tasony Esther, May God heal her and comfort her.
Akmal T. - Major heart surgery.
Amal M - Lymphoma Cancer.
Shery - Tumor near her spinal chord.
E.Salamah - Breast Cancer.
Mena - Displaced mandibular joint.
Esme - Severe lupus with heart & brain function involvement.
Yvone Y. - Serious Eye Surgery. The doctors now feel she might not need the surgery at all.
Anthony - PTSD from Iraq
Elisha Mary - return to Communion
E. - Brain tumor, 22 yrs old with 2 kids.
M. Chouinard and her family and students.
Sharon P - Temporal Lobe Epilepsy, PTSD
Jan P - pancreatic cancer
Becky Cox D - bone marrow cancer
Eric G - throat cancer
Samantha M - Type 1 diabetes
Amelia T - Breast Cancer
Anthony C - Kidney Stones
Emad: To be closer to God
Safa: To be closer to God
Badra: Comfort
Souzy: Guidance
Leelamma M - Please pray for her family.
Vladimir and Vaclav.
Steve - Depression.
M Said.
Viola - Pray for her soul and her family to know the Lord and understand HIS work
Sandy: God open her eyes, give her wisdom
Nicole: Wisdom
K. Abdelmessih

Ramy's soul which is far from Christ
Andrew - Fill his heart with faith, peace, forgiveness and love toward his parents
Sue A & family - return of the family’s faith, spiritual growth, guidance & strength in their homeschooling
Lackraj L. - has been in the hospital for 2 months
Marianne and her family
E. Farag's family
Fr. Leonidas - Brain tumor
Joseph W. - Prostate cancer
DS and family - cancer, stroke and paralysis
Nader S - Hardship
Hanaa S - Breast Cancer
Zakia A. - Cancer
Nasr H. - Emphysema - Doing better.
Lucy B. - Breast cancer
Amira C - severe and chronic Lyme Disease
N M- God's will in her testing for cancer; and His GREAT support for her if it is positive. Thank God, the testing result turns out to be negative.
Susan - mental illness, marital problems and neglect of children.
Dina - Spiritual healing and wisdom
Carol - Rare autoimmune disease that's left her immobile.
Karim
Hayam R. - Cancer in her ovaries. Hayam has been healed.
Susu G. - Breast Cancer.
MH - Major heart problems and in dire need of spiritual guidance.
Tony H. - Colon cancer, kidney and heart problem.
Ramy M - Insomnia and mental problem.
Ghassan A. - Cancer. He has 3 kids.
Maria B. - Lymphoma Cancer - away from God.
Neveen S. - Brain Damage.
N.S. - Breast cancer.
Veronia - Newly born baby girl in intensive care with brain damage.
Walter O. - Was operated on to have cancerous growths removed from inside his right lung.
Celeste D. - Cancer.
Nasr N. - Cancer.
Angelita - Severe Insomia and Depression.
Fr. Abraam.
Susan - depression and spiritual healing.
M.H. - Lymphoma
Hoda - Depression and suicidal thoughts
Ibrahim - Renounced his faith due to failures and hardships
Steve, Paul, Victor, Frances, Foad - To experience and love Christ
The family of Olympia.
Greg - throat cancer
Marian and Paul - Marian recently had a miscarriage
Sophie - multiple health issues
Fathia - dementia
Family of HW who committed suicide
Mark H - MS
F. Saad - Heart Attack.
Angel N. - Lymph Node Cancer - recovered, Pray it won't return
Marina - A Highschool freshman with Leukemia
R.T. - A 14 years old girl with Leukemia.
S.Henin - Autoimmune Disease.
Mike - recovering alcoholic, who lost his son to alcohol & drug addiction & suicide.
Matt - May God have mercy on his soul
Mark N - 20 years old with cancer and just started chemeotherapy.
Berna, Raouf and Alex Halim - Serious car accident, Raouf is in the ICU.
Wahid Girgus - MS
Andrew and his parents - 10 days old infant with the Lymphatic nodes not working and other medical consequences.
John and his parents - unborn baby with kidney damage.
S. Magda - Health problems.
M & O - Family problems
Ariana - 3 1/2yrs, inoperable brain tumor
Noussa B. - Heal her.
Magdy B - Cancer.
Megan - Hodgkins Lyphoma - Thank God, her Hodgkins Lymphoma is now in remission
Abouna A - Prostate Cancer - unforuntately, now has brain cancer as well.
Judi & John - Son with Severe Developmental Disabilities
Anthony - Autism
Christina - Chronic Pain
Karen & Tony - Infertility - Thank God, They, had a Baby Boy (Garrett)
Steve - Cancer (fighting it for 10 years +)
Samiha - Dementia
Adly - Parkinson's Disease
The Christian Minority in Noshara, Pakistan.
Nancy - Glass went into her right eye.
D. Arteaga - Surgery
Fadia - Breast Cancer.
Tara - Systematic Lupus and financial and family problems
J.David - Depression,School,Drug problems, needs God's Guidance.
George k - Cancer
Frances - Brain Tumor
Alber - Cancer
K - Depression, anxiety, addiction, pride and spiritual estrangement
E. Tawadros - Guide her to the right path and grant her wish.
E. Sidhom - Cancer.
Adel Gendy - 10 years old with kidney failure, needs a kidney transplant.
Joseph - Prostrate Cancer
Mary - Breast cancer
A.K Matthew - Colon Cancer
Enyat - severe diabetes.
Samy - Bone cancer.
MS - Mercy, Comfort, Strength, Healing and Protection
AAM -- Love, Healing, Comfort, Strength, Support and Guidance
MM -- Love, Healing, Comfort, Strength, Support and Guidance
SE -- Love, Healing
GE -- Love, Comfort, Strength, Support, Guidance
Helen - severe epileptic seizures.
Stephan - 48 years old, muscular dystrophy, diabetes, stroke.
Scott - 4 months old baby desperately in need of a bone marrow donor.
Douglas McLead - Cancer and kidney failure.
Mrs. McLead - Parkinson disease.
Fr Benjamin, Photini, Marina, Miriam, Moses.
Nicholas - constant back pain.
Michael - 9 years old boy with a progressive brain tumor.
Sarah - Back problems and might need an operation soon.
Mayrvat and her 3 kids. She has been separated from her kids.
Elizabeth - bi-polar disease and other problems.
Fr. Constantine S. Palassis - suffers from symptoms of dementia.
Heidy - Depression and other problems.
Esther - Intestinal problems.
Nick - chemotherapy.
Sue S. - Advanced Cancer.
Helen P. - severe depression and diabetes.
Pamela P. - chronic depression and financial difficulties.
Shafika - kidney failure.
Mary Beth - Obesity & Diabetes.
Jean - Neurological back problems.
Therese - Emotional problems.
Reggie - Cancer.
Detra - Stress related health problems.
Walter Sr. - Depression.
Denise I. - Breast Cancer.
Cuba Plain - cancer that is high up in the breast.
Zouhair - stomach cancer.
Magdy - brain tumor.
John Rittel - cancer of the lymph node and voice box.
H. Adel - finish the immigration papers and preparation successfully.
E.Tawadros - Guide her to the right ways and complete IT to the best it will be.
Shareen - Stays out of trouble, gets closer to God, and Leads a pure life.
Mark H - MS
Mamdooh, Nahed, Marina and Cyril - May the will of The Lord be done.
M. Michael, C. Michael, M. Michael, R. Michael and family and friends.
M. M. Fayez.
R. Farouk's Family
Kristen and her brother
David - To be close to a Church
George - pass the final interview for a Job,to survive extreme debts.
Kristina may God heal her and help Ed in school, and help Joan with her finance problems.
Bassem - bare the severe circumstances he is passing through and give him peace.
Alfred - needs guidance and acknowledgement of the right way.
Hala - give her peace.
Evette - let her find the right way and have satisfaction.
Heba - give her the right decision.
Mona - take care of her cause she's alone.
William E. and Family
Fr. Heinen and family.
Norma, Laura and Ibrahim.
Stephanie - autism, and for her family
Dina's salvation
Marie Y - Rheumatoid arthitis
MMH: For guidance, strength, and wisdom
Heidi - work problems, May God give her the right choice
Luka - Autism and to relief his family
Shery - in her school and Master preperation.
Jarcie - legal and financial difficulties, and return her to Christ.
Gabriel & family - May they find a suitable Orthodox Church to be catechized and baptized in.
S.H. - Needs God's guidance to make the right career choice
Mario F. - Grant solitude to his family and to repair all damaged relationships.
STMCOC of DC mission trip to Africa and India this fall.
The mission of the Coptic Church in Africa and throughout the world.
ERA: The mission of the EgyptiansRelief.org in Egypt may God prosper all the work done everywhere the service is.
Yvone - Dizziness and a bleeding mouth and nose.
Widad - Cancer.
Nour - God would reunite his broken family.
Jimmy, Fady, Shady - To experience and love Christ.
PM, EM, CM and JM - Salvation and to be brought to Christ.
Fr. Wade+ and family - protection and support
St. Andrews Mission, Lakeland, FL - new mission plant
E and L - Solution to their problems according to God's will.
Hani - To experience the love of Christ through salvation.
Safwat - Away from God.
A.S. - Find the right path.
E.F. - Spiritual guidance from God to find his way back to Him.
RMG & Family - Comfort & Peace in time of grief.
Clara M - (3 years old) has Lukemia.
F.Tawfik - High sugar level.
Baby H.M.Hany - May God heal her.
E.Tawadros - Difficult times, in need of God's guidance.
Kamal G.
Samir A.
Hazem
Shady S. - Guidance and support.
Richard - Heart condition, sorrow and despair.
Give peace and prosper to St Bishoy church - stouffville.
Mariam - Show her compassion after being so broken hearted
M&M: Family problems
The Christians in Iraq, and those who have fled from there and are living destitute as refugees.
A.S. - Gets closer to God
Hala - God lead her to stability and peace
AnaSimone, may God unite her with her father.
Kathy, May God unite her with her husband.
Mina, may God unite hime with his wife and daughter.
Mina's family, may God grant them love and peace.
Carla Jean, Tessa, James.

Please remember me in your prayers.

Please pray for the peace of the world.

Mark Sadek

May 16, 2010, 11:39:46 PM5/16/10
to spiritu...@googlegroups.com

"...the Christian, approaching God with a prayer to Him, or to His most pure Mother, or to the angels and saints, in order to insure the success of his prayer, ought to try to resemble as far as possible the Lord Himself, or His most-pure Mother, or the angels and saints. In this lies the secret of drawing near to God, and of His speedily hearing our prayers."

St. John of Kronstadt.

"For who makes you differ from another? And what do you have that you did not receive? Now if you did indeed receive it, why do you boast as if you had not received it?" 1 Corinthians 4:7

The Bible reading for the 9th of Bashans, May 17th, is:
1 I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 3 You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me. 5 I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples. (John 15:1-8)
Departure of St. Helena, The Empress.
Departure of Pope Yoannis the Eleventh, the 89th. Patriarch of Alexandra.
Departure of St. Gabriel the Eighth, the 97th. Patriarch of Alexandria.

The Bible reading for the 10th of Bashans, May 18th, is: John 15:9-15
Departure of the Three Hebrew Young Men Hananiah, Azariah and Mishael.

Mark Sadek

May 17, 2010, 10:41:10 PM5/17/10
to spiritu...@googlegroups.com

"...true contemplation begins the moment we become aware of sin in us...To apprehend sin in oneself is a spiritual act, impossible without grace, without the drawing near to us of Divine Light. The initial effect of the approach of this mysterious Light is that we see where we stand 'spiritually' at the particular moment. The first manifestations of this Uncreated Light do not allow us to experience it as light. It shines in a secret way, illuminating the black darkness of our inner world to disclose a spectacle that is far from joyous for us in our normal state of fallen being...This is the beginning of real contemplation - which has nothing in common with intellectual or philosophical contemplation. We become acutely conscious of sin as a sundering from the ontological source of our being...we see ourselves as prisoners of death. With death waiting at the end, another thousand years of life would seem but a deceptive flash."

Archimandrite Sophrony.

"Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, Vengeance is Mine, I will repay, says the Lord." Romans 12:19

The Bible reading for the 10th of Bashans, May 18th, is:
9 As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. 10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love. 11 These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. 12 This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends. 14 You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. 15 No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you. (John 15:9-15)
Departure of the Three Hebrew Young Men Hananiah, Azariah and Mishael.

The Bible reading for the 11th of Bashans, May 19th, is: John 15:12-16
Martyrdom of St. Theoclia, the wife of St. Justus.
Departure of St. Paphnotius (St. Paphnuti), the Bishop.
Departure Of St. Simon the Stylite.

Mark Sadek

May 18, 2010, 10:20:20 PM5/18/10
to spiritu...@googlegroups.com

"To the aspect of the soul that is accessible to passion we impart the best of all dispositions, that of love; and we also raise the level of the intelligence by repelling whatever impedes the mind in its ascent towards God: this aspect of the law we call watchfulness."

St. Gregory Palamas.

"This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends." John 15:12-13

The Bible reading for the 11th of Bashans, May 19th, is:
12 This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends. 14 You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. 15 No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you. 16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you. (John 15:12-16)
Martyrdom of St. Theoclia, the wife of St. Justus.
Departure of St. Paphnotius (St. Paphnuti), the Bishop.

The Bible reading for the 12th of Bashans, May 20th, is: John 15:17-25
Commemoration of the Consecration of the church of St. Demiana.
Commemoration of the Relocation of the relics of St. John Chrysostom.
Commemoration of the Appearance of a Cross of light above Golgotha.
Commemoration of the Martyrdom of Master (Moallem) Malati.

Mark Sadek

May 19, 2010, 9:36:08 PM5/19/10
to spiritu...@googlegroups.com

"Whatever marvels the history ennumerates in connection with that food [manna] are teachings for the virtuous life. For it says that everyone shared in the food equally. The strength of those who gathered made no difference; they had neither more nor less than they needed. This is, according to my view at least, advice generally applicable: that those making their living from material things should not exceed the bounds of need but should understand well that the one natural measure for all in eating is to eat as much as can be enjoyed in one day."

St. Gregory of Nyssa.

"Make Your face shine upon Your servant; Save me for Your mercies' sake. Do not let me be ashamed, O Lord, for I have called upon You." Psalms 31:16-17

The Bible reading for the 12th of Bashans, May 20th, is:
17 These things I command you, that you love one another. 18 If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. 19 If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. 20 Remember the word that I said to you, `A servant is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will keep yours also. 21 But all these things they will do to you for My name's sake, because they do not know Him who sent Me. 22 If I had not come and spoken to them, they would have no sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin. 23 He who hates Me hates My Father also. 24 If I had not done among them the works which no one else did, they would have no sin; but now they have seen and also hated both Me and My Father. 25 But this happened that the word might be fulfilled which is written in their law, `They hated Me without a cau

se.'. (John 15:17-25)
Commemoration of the Consecration of the church of St. Demiana.
Commemoration of the Relocation of the relics of St. John Chrysostom.
Commemoration of the Appearance of a Cross of light above Golgotha.
Commemoration of the Martyrdom of Master (Moallem) Malati.

The Bible reading for the 13th of Bashans, May 21st, is: John 7:37-39
Departure Of St. Arsanius The Tutor Of the Emperor's Children.

Mark Sadek

May 20, 2010, 10:37:44 PM5/20/10
to spiritu...@googlegroups.com

"Our first parents were consequently forbidden to come to know evil along with the good; they were to restrain themselves from 'the knowledge of good and evil' (Gen 2:9); they were to enjoy the good in its purity, unmixed and unmitigated by any evil. And this, I think, is surely to remain always with God alone; it is to enjoy the good without mingling with it any thing which would separate them from it. I would seem then, if one might be so bold as to express it, that this is the path by which man can be snatched up out of this world and restored to Paradise, to that place where Paul saw those secret and invisible things which are given to man to utter."

St. Gregory of Nyssa.

"To You, O Lord, I lift up my soul. O my God, I trust in You; Let me not be ashamed; Let not my enemies triumph over me. Indeed, let no one who waits on You be ashamed." Psalms 25:1-3

The Bible reading for the 13th of Bashans, May 21st, is:
37 On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. 38 He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water. 39 But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive; for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified. (John 7:37-39)
Departure Of St. Arsanius The Tutor Of the Emperor's Children.

The Bible reading for the 14th of Bashans, May 22nd, is: John 17:14-26
Departure of St. Pachomius (Pakhom), the Father of the Spiritual Communal Monastic life (Cenobitic life).
Martyrdom of St. Epimachus (Ephimachus) of Pelusium.

The Bible reading for the 15th of Bashans, May 23rd, is: John 15:26-16:15
The Holy Pentecost Feast
Martyrdom of St. Simon the Zealot, the Apostle who is known by (Simon the Canaanite).
Martyrdom of 400 martyrs in Dandara (Denderah).
Commemoration of St. Mina the Deacon.