Spiritual Words.

Mark Sadek

Sep 5, 2011, 8:54:54 AM9/5/11
to spiritu...@googlegroups.com

"Remove good-will out of the reach of men, and it is as though one had withdrawn the sun from the world. For without it, men would no longer care to show the way to the stranger, to recall the wanderer, to show hospitality (this latter is no small virtue, for on this point Job praised himself when he said: `At my doors the stranger did not dwell, my gate was open to everyone who came,' nor even to give water from the water that flows at their door, or to light another's candle at their own. Thus good-will exists in all these, like a fount of waters refreshing the thirsty, and like a light which, shining forth to others, does not fail those who have given a light to others from their own light."

St. Ambrose of Milan.

"He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully." 2 Corinthians 9:6

The Bible reading for the 30th of Misra, September 5th, is:
16 Then He said to him, A certain man gave a great supper and invited many, 17 and sent his servant at supper time to say to those who were invited, `Come, for all things are now ready.' 18 But they all with one accord began to make excuses. The first said to him, `I have bought a piece of ground, and I must go and see it. I ask you to have me excused.' 19 And another said, `I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I am going to test them. I ask you to have me excused.' 20 Still another said, `I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come.' 21 So that servant came and reported these things to his master. Then the master of the house, being angry, said to his servant, `Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in here the poor and the maimed and the lame and the blind.' 22 And the servant said, `Master, it is done as you commanded, and still there is room.' 23 Then the master said to the servant, `Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in,
that my house may be filled. 24 `For I say to you that none of those men who were invited shall taste my supper.'. (Luke 14:16-24)
Departure of St. Malachi, the Prophet.

The Bible reading for the 1st of Nasi, September 6th, is: John 21:15-25
Departure of St. Eutychus.
Martyrdom of St. Pishay (Abshai), the Antiochian.

Prayer Requests:

Ibrahim - Lung cancer
Amal - Breast cancer
Wageh S.- Cancer and heart surgeries
George A. - Respiratory Problems.
Fr. Athanasius Ava Mina - Intestinal problems.
Huda S. - Peace and health.
The family of Mary R.
Rita P. - Ovarian Cancer
Julia M.S. - An infant with a lung deficiency disorder
Julie - In a coma from a serious car accident
Marian L - Late stage MS
Nadia - Lung cancer
Heidi - Difficulty to conceive
John - Brain aneurysm
Eva - Paralyzed from a stroke
Sonty P. - Suffering from cancer. Please pray for her healing and financial ability.
Lidya P. - Suffering from a stroke.
Rev. Davy P. - Suffering from hepatitis type B.
Somaya M. - Being tested for breast cancer.
Peter and family - inoperable grade 4 brain tumour
Eman, Hany and Daniel - Suffered serious injuries from a car accident
The family of Neveen M.
Emil S. - Open heart surgery.
Clement - Lung and liver cancer
M.M.- metabolic syndrome
Sherien - Cancer
Emad. Please pray for his family
Scott - Crones Disease
J. Shapiro - Cancer.
C.L. - Complete recovery after a tragic car accident.
M. Ragheb - Out of the ICU but he is still under critical care
M. Fleming - Multiple brain and spinal cord diseases.
Fr. Wissa Bessada
G. Roubil - Out of ICU
The Coptic mission trip to Mexico.
Camilo, Julio Renaldo, Diego and family, Hong and Pablo - Accept the faith and get baptized.
H.H. Pope Shenouda III
David - rectal and liver cancer.
The family of Larry W. - May the Lord grant them peace.
H.M - Hardship.
William H. - Cancer
Makram G. - Liver Cirrhosis in the last stages
Emad - Lung cancer.
Albert - Operation
Abanoub
Eva S - Recovery from a heart surgery.
M.B.- Breast Cancer
Mark - brain tumor
Fr. Anthony H.
Luka-- May God unite him with his family.
F.Z. may God help him in his service.
Tasony Esther, May God heal her and comfort her.
Akmal T. - Major heart surgery.
Amal M - Lymphoma Cancer.
Shery - Tumor near her spinal chord.
E.Salamah - Breast Cancer.
Mena - Displaced mandibular joint.
Esme - Severe lupus with heart & brain function involvement.
Yvone Y. - Serious Eye Surgery. The doctors now feel she might not need the surgery at all.
Anthony - PTSD from Iraq
Elisha Mary - return to Communion
E. - Brain tumor, 22 yrs old with 2 kids.
M. Chouinard and her family and students.
Sharon P - Temporal Lobe Epilepsy, PTSD
Jan P - pancreatic cancer
Becky Cox D - bone marrow cancer
Eric G - throat cancer
Samantha M - Type 1 diabetes
Amelia T - Breast Cancer
Anthony C - Kidney Stones
Emad: To be closer to God
Safa: To be closer to God
Badra: Comfort
Souzy: Guidance
Leelamma M - Please pray for her family.
Vladimir and Vaclav.
Steve - Depression.
M Said.
Viola - Pray for her soul and her family to know the Lord and understand HIS work
Sandy: God open her eyes, give her wisdom
Nicole: Wisdom
Hazem A. - Overcome his addiction, and gives him strength & will power.
Kip - Her spine is breaking down & will need surgery to have a rod inserted.
Katherine - Make right decisions as she enters adulthood.
Susan - Finds peace and overcome her suicidal thoughts.
Sue's family - Return, as a family, to our church and find peace.
Jacky A. and Family.
John D. - Job
L&M - Aspberger's syndrome
ME- return to God, the Church & the Sacraments
KEE - patience, perseverance, faith, strength, healing
Z. Saddak - Health
The Orthodox community in Olympia, WA

Please remember me in your prayers.

Please pray for the peace of the world.

Mark Sadek

Sep 5, 2011, 10:22:13 PM9/5/11
to spiritu...@googlegroups.com

"Patient endurance kills the despair that kills the soul; it teaches the soul to take comfort and not to grow listless in the face of its many battles and afflictions."

St. Peter of Damaskos.

"Jesus Christ was delivered up because of our offenses, and was raised because of our justification." Romans 4:25

The Bible reading for the 1st of Nasi, September 6th, is:
15 So when they had eaten breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me more than these? He said to Him, Yes, Lord; You know that I love You. He said to him, Feed My lambs. 16 He said to him again a second time, Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me? He said to Him, Yes, Lord; You know that I love You. He said to him, Tend My sheep. 17 He said to him the third time, Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me? Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, Do you love Me? And he said to Him, Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You. Jesus said to him, Feed My sheep. 18 Most assuredly, I say to you, when you were younger, you girded yourself and walked where you wished; but when you are old, you will stretch out your hands, and another will gird you and carry you where you do not wish. 19 This He spoke, signifying by what death he would glorify God. And when He had spoken this, He said to him, Follow Me. 20 Then Peter, turning around, saw the disc

iple whom Jesus loved following, who also had leaned on His breast at the supper, and said, Lord, who is the one who betrays You? 21 Peter, seeing him, said to Jesus, But Lord, what about this man? 22 Jesus said to him, If I will that he remain till I come, what is that to you? You follow Me. 23 Then this saying went out among the brethren that this disciple would not die. Yet Jesus did not say to him that he would not die, but, If I will that he remain till I come, what is that to you? 24 This is the disciple who testifies of these things, and wrote these things; and we know that his testimony is true. 25 And there are also many other things that Jesus did, which if they were written one by one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that would be written. (John 21:15-25)

Departure of St. Eutychus.
Martyrdom of St. Pishay (Abshai), the Antiochian.

The Bible reading for the 2nd of Nasi, September 7th, is: Luke 6:12-23
Departure of St. Titus, the Apostle.

Mark Sadek

Sep 6, 2011, 10:54:39 PM9/6/11
to spiritu...@googlegroups.com

"Dearly beloved, let us not lose faith in God's promises nor go contrary to His bidding. You see, what is now done by us in no way distinguishes us from unbelievers: if, when He promises us future blessings, we on the contrary are not prepared to trust in them but become devotees of present realities, what further demonstration of unbelief would anyone look for with the facts themsleves providing such manifest proof?"

St. John Chrysostom.

"Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth." Colossians 3:2

The Bible reading for the 2nd of Nasi, September 7th, is:
12 Now it came to pass in those days that He went out to the mountain to pray, and continued all night in prayer to God. 13 And when it was day, He called His disciples to Himself; and from them He chose twelve whom He also named apostles: 14 Simon, whom He also named Peter, and Andrew his brother; James and John; Philip and Bartholomew; 15 Matthew and Thomas; James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon called the Zealot; 16 Judas the son of James, and Judas Iscariot who also became a traitor. 17 And He came down with them and stood on a level place with a crowd of His disciples and a great multitude of people from all Judea and Jerusalem, and from the seacoast of Tyre and Sidon, who came to hear Him and be healed of their diseases, 18 as well as those who were tormented with unclean spirits. And they were healed. 19 And the whole multitude sought to touch Him, for power went out from Him and healed them all. 20 Then He lifted up His eyes toward His disciples, and said: Blessed are you poor,

For yours is the kingdom of God. 21 Blessed are you who hunger now, For you shall be filled. Blessed are you who weep now, For you shall laugh. 22 Blessed are you when men hate you, And when they exclude you, And revile you, and cast out your name as evil, For the Son of Man's sake. 23 Rejoice in that day and leap for joy! For indeed your reward is great in heaven, For in like manner their fathers did to the prophets. (Luke 6:12-23)

Departure of St. Titus, the Apostle.

The Bible reading for the 3rd of Nasi, September 8th, is: Matthew 25:31-46
Commemoration of the Angel Raphael, the Archangel.
Martyrdom of St. Andrianus.
Departure of St. Yoannis XIV, 96th Pope of Alexandria.

Mark Sadek

Sep 7, 2011, 10:20:40 PM9/7/11
to spiritu...@googlegroups.com

"If you have no contrition, know that you are possessed by vanity, for it prevents the soul from being contrite."

Monks Callistus and Ignatius.

"Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them." Mark 11:24

The Bible reading for the 3rd of Nasi, September 8th, is:
31 When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. 33 And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, `Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35 `for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; 36 `I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.' 37 Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, `Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? 38 `When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? 39 `Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?' 40 And the King

will answer and say to them, `Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.' 41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, `Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: 42 `for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink; 43 `I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.' 44 Then they also will answer Him, saying, `Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?' 45 Then He will answer them, saying, `Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.' 46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life. (Matt. 25:31-46)

Commemoration of the Angel Raphael, the Archangel.
Martyrdom of St. Andrianus.
Departure of St. Yoannis XIV, 96th Pope of Alexandria.

The Bible reading for the 4th of Nasi, September 9th, is: Luke 16:1-12
Departure of St. Leparius, Bishop of Rome.
Departure of St. Poimen, the Hermit.

Mark Sadek

Sep 8, 2011, 11:01:05 PM9/8/11
to spiritu...@googlegroups.com

"Fasting varies greatly. For a person brought up in luxury fasting can be one thing, while for a person brought up in simple and rough conditions it is another thing. Therefore for one person it is nothing to use the roughest food and be healthy, or to live without food for a number of days; whereas for another a big change of food can be very noticeable, and even harmful. But for everyone in general fasting is above all temperance and strict moderation in the use of food. Consequently you should use food in moderation and try especially to bridle the desires of the body, and not satisfy its lusts at all, for they are unnecessary for the preservation of health and the prolongation of life and then your fast will be true."

St. Innocent of Alaska.

"Your years are throughout all generations. Of old You laid the foundation of the earth, And the heavens are the work of Your hands. They will perish, but You will endure." Psalms 102:24-26

The Bible reading for the 4th of Nasi, September 9th, is:
1 He also said to His disciples: There was a certain rich man who had a steward, and an accusation was brought to him that this man was wasting his goods. 2 So he called him and said to him, `What is this I hear about you? Give an account of your stewardship, for you can no longer be steward.' 3 Then the steward said within himself, `What shall I do? For my master is taking the stewardship away from me. I cannot dig; I am ashamed to beg. 4 `I have resolved what to do, that when I am put out of the stewardship, they may receive me into their houses.' 5 So he called every one of his master's debtors to him, and said to the first, `How much do you owe my master?' 6 And he said, `A hundred measures of oil.' So he said to him, `Take your bill, and sit down quickly and write fifty.' 7 Then he said to another, `And how much do you owe?' So he said, `A hundred measures of wheat.' And he said to him, `Take your bill, and write eighty.' 8 So the master commended the unjust steward because he ha

d dealt shrewdly. For the sons of this world are more shrewd in their generation than the sons of light. 9 And I say to you, make friends for yourselves by unrighteous mammon, that when you fail, they may receive you into an everlasting home. 10 He who is faithful in what is least is faithful also in much; and he who is unjust in what is least is unjust also in much. 11 Therefore if you have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches? 12 And if you have not been faithful in what is another man's, who will give you what is your own?. (Luke 16:1-12)

Departure of St. Leparius, Bishop of Rome.
Departure of St. Poimen, the Hermit.

The Bible reading for the 5th of Nasi, September 10th, is: John 16:20-33
Departure of St. James, Bishop of Misre.
Departure of the Righteous Amos, the Prophet.
Departure of St. Barsoma, the "Naked".
Departure of St. Yoannis XV, 99th Pope of Alexandria.

The Bible reading for the 6th of Nasi, September 11th, is: Matthew 24:3-35

Mark Sadek

Sep 12, 2011, 10:43:39 PM9/12/11
to spiritu...@googlegroups.com

"...amongst the higher powers all things are done in due order, and with them there are limitations of honour or ministry, and boundaries are set for the glory of each by God who apportions all things as He sees fit. Yet there is a single yoke laid upon all, and they serve at the bidding of the Lord, not regarding their servitude as unworthy, but counting the reality of it as a source of honour and glory."

St. Cyril of Alexandria.

"I will lift up my eyes to the hills -- From whence comes my help? My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth." Psalm 121:1-2

The Bible reading for the 2nd of Tout, September 13th, is:
14 Now King Herod heard of Him, for His name had become well known. And he said, John the Baptist is risen from the dead, and therefore these powers are at work in him. 15 Others said, It is Elijah. And others said, It is the Prophet, or like one of the prophets. 16 But when Herod heard, he said, This is John, whom I beheaded; he has been raised from the dead! 17 For Herod himself had sent and laid hold of John, and bound him in prison for the sake of Herodias, his brother Philip's wife; for he had married her. 18 For John had said to Herod, It is not lawful for you to have your brother's wife. 19 Therefore Herodias held it against him and wanted to kill him, but she could not; 20 for Herod feared John, knowing that he was a just and holy man, and he protected him. And when he heard him, he did many things, and heard him gladly. 21 Then an opportune day came when Herod on his birthday gave a feast for his nobles, the high officers, and the chief men of Galilee. 22 And when Herodias' d

aughter herself came in and danced, and pleased Herod and those who sat with him, the king said to the girl, Ask me whatever you want, and I will give it to you. 23 He also swore to her, Whatever you ask me, I will give you, up to half of my kingdom. 24 So she went out and said to her mother, What shall I ask? And she said, The head of John the Baptist! 25 Immediately she came in with haste to the king and asked, saying, I want you to give me at once the head of John the Baptist on a platter. 26 And the king was exceedingly sorry; yet, because of the oaths and because of those who sat with him, he did not want to refuse her. 27 Immediately the king sent an executioner and commanded his head to be brought. And he went and beheaded him in prison, 28 brought his head on a platter, and gave it to the girl; and the girl gave it to her mother. 29 When his disciples heard of it, they came and took away his corpse and laid it in a tomb. (Mark 6:14-29)
Martyrdom of St. John the Baptist.
Martyrdom of St. Dasya the Soldier.

The Bible reading for the 3rd of Tout, September 14th, is: John 10:1-16
A Council held in the city of Alexandria.
A Great Earthquake took place in Cairo and Most of the Egyptian Cities.

Mark Sadek

Sep 13, 2011, 10:34:09 PM9/13/11
to spiritu...@googlegroups.com

"...the Lord in His life-giving Mysteries - wherever they are offered - is eternally the sole, indivisible, Creator 'and hath made of one blood all nations of men' (Acts 17:26). Through His one Spirit, living in the Holy Sacrament of the Body and Blood, celebrated in all the churches of the world, He wishes to unite us to Himself - we who have fallen from union with Him through sin and obedience to the Devil - and to cut off and cleanse that which in all of us prevents union with Him and with each other, 'that they all may be one; as Thou, Father, art in Me, and I in Thee, that they also may be one in Us' (John 17:21). Such is the object of the mystery of the Communion."

St. John of Kronstadt.

"You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You." Isaiah 26:3

The Bible reading for the 3rd of Tout, September 14th, is:
1 Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. 2 But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. 3 To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4 And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice. 5 Yet they will by no means follow a stranger, but will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers. 6 Jesus used this illustration, but they did not understand the things which He spoke to them. 7 Then Jesus said to them again, Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. 8 All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. 9 I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. 10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I

have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. 11 I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep. 12 But a hireling, he who is not the shepherd, one who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees; and the wolf catches the sheep and scatters them. 13 The hireling flees because he is a hireling and does not care about the sheep. 14 I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. 15 As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. 16 And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd. (John 10:1-16)

A Council held in the city of Alexandria.
A Great Earthquake took place in Cairo and Most of the Egyptian Cities.

The Bible reading for the 4th of Tout, September 15th, is: Matthew 23:13-36
Departure of St. Macarius, 69th Pope of Alexandria.