Observations/Suggestions

Bobluck

Mar 23, 2008, 10:27:24 AM3/23/08
to speedcrunch
Hello,
I like the new buttons, but agree with others on the background color
white/gray would be a little easier to look at. There are a couple of
options that I would love to see in future versions.
- Allow customization of the non numeric buttons, possibly assign
other functions. Most users will more then likely be using the
calculator for the same set of calculations on a regular basis, making
the functions they most often use readily available would really be
nice.
- Conversions, convert, to from other units, with ability to define
own units
- Make the multiplication button * bigger and, possibly another font,
this is an inherent problem on almost all existing calculators
- Edit results/formulas in the tape, with recalculation of entire
tape/history based on edit.
- Skin support, or at least several default color schemes.
- Portability, USB drive, relative paths. I'm currently using in this
mode so I think this is already taken care of.

I love your project so far and was turned on to it from a post to
PortableApps.com I currently use a combination of two applications to
perform all of my calculations at work, http://www.speqmath.com/ SpeqQ
Mathematics for conversions and http://calcute.com/ Calcute, which has
some interesting yet limited options.

I hope you find these suggestions/observations helpful, I'm by no
means not meaning to criticize your work, I wish I has the ability to
program.

Thanks
Regards
Bob

wolf.lammen

Mar 26, 2008, 6:48:21 AM3/26/08
to speedcrunch
Hi Bob,
Thanks for your interest and suggestions.
I copied your observations individually to the issue tracker, where
they are now taken care of.

Regards Wolf

Robert.L.Spaulding

Mar 26, 2008, 9:47:29 AM3/26/08
to speed...@googlegroups.com
Thanks,
Should I have added them to the issue tracker myself, not sure how you are
operating the forum.
Bob