BUY YOUR OWN COUNTRY

spectre

Jan 9, 2007, 3:02:52 PM1/9/07
to spectre.event.horizon.group
http://www.sealandgov.org/history.html

-

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16528424/

LONDON - For sale: The world's smallest country with its own flag,
stamps, currency and passports.

Apply to Prince Michael of Sealand if you want to run your own nation,
even if it is just a wartime fort perched on two concrete towers in the
North Sea.

Built in World War II as an anti-aircraft base to repel German bombers,
the derelict platform was taken over 40 years ago by retired army Maj.
Paddy Roy Bates, who went to live there with his family.

He declared the platform, perched seven miles off the east coast of
England and just outside Britain's territorial waters, to be the
principality of Sealand.

The self-styled Prince Roy adopted a flag, chose a national anthem and
minted silver and gold coins.

The family staved off an attempt by Britain's Royal Navy to evict them
and also an attempt in 1978 by a group of German and Dutch businessmen
to seize Sealand by force.

Roy, 85, now lives in Spain, and his son Michael told BBC Radio on
Monday his family had been approached by estate agents with clients
"who wanted a bit more than a bit of real estate, they wanted
autonomy."

He suggested Sealand, which has eight rooms in each tower, could be a
base for online gambling or offshore banking.

Asked to describe the delights of living on what he described as a
cross between a house and a ship, the 54-year-old said: "The neighbors
are very quiet. There is a good sea view."

-

PREVIOUS TENANT
http://www.havenco.com/

-

MICRONATIONS AND OTHER ALTERNATIVES
http://www.geocities.com/micronations/
http://www.escapeartist.com/unique_lifestyles/for_a_new_nation.htm

-

HOW TO START YOUR OWN COUNTRY
http://www.amazon.com/How-Start-Your-Own-Country/dp/1893626156

-

http://www2.noticiasdot.com/publicaciones/2007/0107/0201/noticias020107/noticias020107-1054.htm

spectre

Jan 12, 2007, 1:37:50 PM1/12/07
to spectre.event.horizon.group
http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2172491/swedish-pirates-seek-british

Swedish pirates seek to buy Sealand

Viking warriors move within striking distance of London
Iain Thomson, vnunet.com 12 Jan 2007

A group of Swedish file sharers is trying to buy the Principality of
Sealand, a World War 2 observation desk off the Suffolk coast that has
been occupied since the 1960s.

The Pirate Bay, which hosts one of Sweden's largest file sharing sites,
is asking for contributions to buy the Principality and is offering
citizenship to anyone who makes a significant contribution.

The group was shut down by the Swedish authorities last May and moved
to The Netherlands.

The Principality of Sealand consists of a concrete and steel platform
six miles off the Suffolk coast that was originaly designed as a bomber
spotting platform.

It was occupied in 1967 by Paddy Roy Bates, a former radio broadcaster
and British Army major who styled himself H.R.H. Prince Roy, The Prince
of Sealand.

The Royal Navy tried to retake the platform a year later but were
driven off by the inhabitants, who seldom number more than 10.

Although not recognised by any other nation the Principality of Sealand
has its own constitution, national anthem and passports.

"It should be a great place for everybody, with high-speed internet
access, no copyright laws and VIP accounts to The Pirate Bay," the
organisation claims on its Buysealand.com website.

"If we do not get enough money required to buy the micro-nation of
Sealand, we will try to buy another small island somewhere and claim it
as our own country," the organisation says.

-

http://thepiratebay.org/

-

http://www.buysealand.com/

Buy Sealand? Is it possible?
January 09th, 2007

ACFI is a group of people working for the peoples right to it's
Internets. We have made progress in Ladonia and are now working on the
Micronation of Sealand.

Recently it was made clear that this country is for sale. To make sure
the owners will be kopimistic and that the country won't be governed
by people that do not care about it's future, we have come up with a
plan.

With the help of all the kopimists on Internets, we want to buy
Sealand. Donate money and you will become a citizen.

We've set up a forum to discuss how the country is supposed to
function.

- It should be a great place for everybody. With high-speed Internets
access, no copyright laws and vip accounts to The Pirate Bay, press
officer of ACFI says.

Register and let us write history together.

Plan B: If we do not get enough money required to buy the micronation
of Sealand, we will try to buy another small island somwhere and claim
it as our own country (prices start from USD 50 000).