call for translations and testing the development branch

Jeff Fortin

Sep 1, 2008, 1:00:11 AM9/1/08
to Specto
Hello,
as the current development branch of Specto is nearing feature and stability completion to 0.3, and that I just merged my translatable-strings fixing branch, I would like to invite you to test the current development version, report bugs you may find and update the translations for your native language.

Since a lot of strings changed lately, translations will badly need to be updated. Also, if you have friends who speak another language unknown to Specto, why not drag him/her in to translate into that language too? :)

Instructions for using the bazaar branch are available here: http://code.google.com/p/specto/wiki/Installing
Known bugs for 0.3: http://code.google.com/p/specto/issues/list?q=milestone:Release0.3
Direct access to translation files: http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~specto/specto/main/files and click on "po/"

For the record, 0.3 seems to be more reliable than 0.2 so far, I am using it daily. You may need to import your watch list from 0.2, or you may want to install 0.3 on a test account/machine to get comfortable with it, or run it directly without installing it.

Looking forward for your translations and feedback!