mod_spdy package release 0.9.1.5

Matthew Steele

Apr 6, 2012, 3:42:31 PM4/6/12
to spdy...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

We're pleased to finally share with you our first mod_spdy package
release. Before we announce to the wider world, we'd like to give
everyone on this list a chance to try out these packages.

We are providing packages for Debian/Ubuntu and CentOS/Fedora, both
32-bit and 64-bit. If you're interested, please try downloading and
installing the appropriate package for your system:

Debian 32-bit:
https://dl.google.com/linux/direct/mod-spdy-beta_current_i386.deb
Debian 64-bit:
https://dl.google.com/linux/direct/mod-spdy-beta_current_amd64.deb
CentOS 32-bit:
https://dl.google.com/linux/direct/mod-spdy-beta_current_i386.rpm
CentOS 64-bit:
https://dl.google.com/linux/direct/mod-spdy-beta_current_x86_64.rpm

As always, mod_spdy requires Apache 2.2 (2.2.4 or greater), and uses a
specially updated version of mod_ssl with NPN support. Since SPDY
requires https, your Apache web server must also be configured to
serve requests over https. These packages will install an
appropriately updated version of mod_ssl for you, so you don't have to
build it yourself. If you uninstall the mod_spdy package, it will
switch you back to the original mod_ssl you had installed.

If you have any issues with the packages, please let us know. We are
hoping to do a full announcement sometime in the next week, at which
point we will make these download links publicly available.

Cheers,
-Matthew

Kenan Sulayman

Apr 6, 2012, 3:44:08 PM4/6/12
to spdy...@googlegroups.com
Does the CentOS package apply to CentOS 5 or CentOS 6 only?

ty,
Kenan

Matthew Steele

Apr 6, 2012, 3:52:25 PM4/6/12
to spdy...@googlegroups.com
Hi, sorry, I should have clarified that. The rpm packages were built
on CentOS 5.4, so they should work on CentOS 5 or 6. (The deb
packages were built on Ubuntu 8.04 LTS.) However, you do need to have
a sufficiently recent version of Apache 2.2.

Kenan Sulayman

Apr 6, 2012, 3:55:17 PM4/6/12
to spdy...@googlegroups.com
How does the deployment works?

wget https://dl.google.com/linux/direct/mod-spdy-beta_current_x86_64.rpm
yum install mod-spdy-beta_current_x86_64.rpm --nogpgcheck
service httpd restart

But however, no traffic is transferred over SPDY – not even https traffic?
Anything I may have missed?

Thanks!

That's what I've done so far..

Matthew Steele

Apr 6, 2012, 4:13:52 PM4/6/12
to spdy...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The steps you describe should be all you need, if you have a
straightforward server setup. I'll follow up with you off-thread to
try to diagnose.

Cheers,
-Matthew

thrix

Apr 22, 2012, 5:02:04 AM4/22/12
to spdy...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys, I'm seeing the same problem on Centos 6,
did you manage to find the problem Kenan was seeing please?

Thanks

Neustradamus

Apr 27, 2012, 7:33:21 PM4/27/12
to spdy-dev
When for Apache 2.2.x and 2.4.x for MS Windows ?