How to use SpatiaLite for smart device

Pham Hoa

Jun 9, 2009, 9:50:41 PM6/9/09
to SpatiaLite Users
Dear all,

I'm trying to use SpatiaLite for smart device but I do not know how to
compile the source code for device.

There is no pre-compiled library for device. So, one way I tried is
that I copy all the source code to the project and try to compile, but
spatialite needs other files from PROJ.4 and GEOS. There are so many
source code files in these 2 projects, I do not know which one is
needed and which one is not.

Is there anyone successful applying SpatiaLite for smart device?

I need your advice.

Pham Hoa

noel.fr...@skynet.be

Jun 10, 2009, 2:49:17 AM6/10/09
to spatiali...@googlegroups.com
yes, I use it on windowsCE

Noël

Jun 12, 2009, 7:13:37 AM6/12/09
to SpatiaLite Users
Hi Noel,

I have tried to compile this myself with no luck and hints or
suggestions as how to get all of the libraries for Windows CE to work
together.

Even better if you could post your binaries for the spatialite users
group.

cheers michael

On Jun 10, 8:49 am, "noel.franki...@skynet.be"
<noel.franki...@skynet.be> wrote:
> yes, I use it on windowsCE
>
> Noël

noel.fr...@skynet.be

Jun 12, 2009, 7:50:05 AM6/12/09
to spatiali...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michael,

I've compiled everything into my executable as static libraries.
I have a modified proj4 project that works on pocketPC,
I'll try to post that somewhere, but I would need some time to clean up.

What kind of project are you working on, may be we could help each other ?
Best regards

Noel

Jun 12, 2009, 9:35:23 AM6/12/09
to SpatiaLite Users
Hi all,

http://groups.google.com/group/spatialite-users/browse_thread/thread/3d16fd8ee845e033
From this link, I think we need to build PROJ.4, GEOS, libiconv for
WinCE.
I managed to build PROJ.4 and GEOS but do not know how to build
libiconv.
Anyone can help?

Cheers,
Pham Hoa

On Jun 12, 7:50 pm, "noel.franki...@skynet.be"
<noel.franki...@skynet.be> wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> I've compiled everything into my executable as static libraries.
> I have a modified proj4 project that works on pocketPC,
> I'll try to post that somewhere, but I would need some time to clean up.
>
> What kind of project are you working on, may be we could help each other ?
> Best regards
>
> Noel

noel.fr...@skynet.be

Jun 12, 2009, 9:53:46 AM6/12/09
to spatiali...@googlegroups.com
yes I forgot about mateusz port, everything you need is there ( minus
libiconv maybe ? )

Noël

Jun 14, 2009, 5:00:44 AM6/14/09
to SpatiaLite Users
Hi,

Firstly, I love this open source spatial DBMS and thanks Alessandro
for developing this marvelous program. I would like to contribute my
personal effort by sharing a set of workable Spatialite DLLs for
Windows Mobile 5 smart device. The binary files have been installed
and test with a number of VB2005/8 smart device applications.

I have produced two sets of binary files (one set is compiled with
Proj 4.6.1 only and the other set is compiled with Proj 4.6.1 and GEOS
3.1.0. The link http://www.gaia-gis.it/spatialite/spatialite-sql-2.3.0.html
illustrated the differences). It took me quite a lot of time to figure
out how to make and compile GEOS for WM5 environment. The DLLs are
compiled with Microsoft VS 2008 Professional and the target device is
WM5 with .NET Compact Framework 3.5.

The Mateusz Loskot (http://mateusz.loskot.net/) blog is a good
reference site to consult when compiling Proj4 and GEOS 3.
System.Data.SQLite is a good SQLite ADO.NET data provider to work on
when developing your own .NET database application both for desktops
and smart devices. Thanks Robert.

At the moment, I only have time to share the binaries without
explaining the make and build procedures. Once I finish the tidying
and cleanup, I will share the modified/edited sources with Microsoft
VS solution and projects.

The link for downloading the pre-complied DLLs is http://myweb.polyu.edu.hk/~lsykshea/public

Enjoy.

GYS

a.fu...@lqt.it

Jun 14, 2009, 5:19:17 AM6/14/09
to spatiali...@googlegroups.com
Hi Geoffrey,

this one really is a WONDERFUL GOOD NEW !!!!

... and a very long awaited one, BTW ...

Thanks a lot,
Sandro

noel frankinet

Jun 14, 2009, 6:49:20 AM6/14/09
to spatiali...@googlegroups.com
GYS a écrit :

Hi,

would you be so kind to also put the project file there ?
Best regards

Noël

Thibaut Gheysen

Jun 14, 2009, 12:27:32 PM6/14/09
to spatiali...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I agree with Sandro, a very good new...

Thanks a lot for the work and for sharing,
Thibaut.

mdiener

Jun 15, 2009, 2:56:12 AM6/15/09
to SpatiaLite Users
Super stuff Thanks a lot! I hope to test it out this week or next.

cheers Michael

Pham Hoa

Jun 16, 2009, 10:49:14 PM6/16/09
to SpatiaLite Users
Thanks a lot.

But I do not know how to use these dll files.
The only working way I tried is that: I use sqlite to load extensions
(WMspatialite-2.3.0.dll) on mobile device.
A little bit stupid but it works.

Is there another way to do this?

Cheers,
Pham Hoa

Linh, Peter

Jun 17, 2009, 3:45:50 AM6/17/09
to SpatiaLite Users
Hi all,

Good job, GYS! Actually, I tried to use the WM libraries for win ce
device and it seems not working. In particular, i can't load the dll
using sqlite3_load_extension.

I think i may need to compile again the DLLs for win ce. Any
suggestion?

Thanks.
Peter

GYS

Jun 17, 2009, 6:44:17 AM6/17/09
to SpatiaLite Users
Yes, it is a little bit stupid to use SQLite load_extension function
to invoke SpatiaLite but it is the design philosophy of it -
"SpatiaLite is just a small sized SQLite extension." - and the easiest
way to develop VB-based ADO.NET smart device application.

Enjoy.

GYS