[SpatiaLite-Users] SpatiaLite Layers Not Displaying in QGIS - Any ideas?

Darren

May 17, 2010, 3:35:46 PM5/17/10
to SpatiaLite Users
Hi!

I am wondering if anyone has any ideas that could resolve the
following issue:

I have been unable to get SpatiaLite Layers to display in QGIS. I can
connect and add the layers without any difficulty but the layers do
not display on the map. I have tried both QGIS 1.4 and 1.5 (build
13385) from KyngChaos with no success. I have also tested with the
SpatiaLite test database, again with no success. When I export my
SpatiaLite layer to a shape file the layer displays correctly. I using
a PowerPC mac with OS X 10.5.8

Thanks,

Darren

a.furieri

May 20, 2010, 1:46:47 AM5/20/10
to SpatiaLite Users

Hi Darren,

AFAIK QGis 1.4 and 1.5 can successfully handle
any valid SpatiaLite DB.

I've never used QGis on MacOsX, so I cannot say
if any platform specific bug exists: btw I see
you are using a PPC CPU, not an Intel one ...

Suggestion: post the same question on the QGis
mail list; may be you can get there a more specific
support.

bye Sandro

Dane Springmeyer

May 25, 2010, 2:17:53 PM5/25/10
to spatiali...@googlegroups.com
I've also noticed that spatiallite layers do not work in QGIS on PPC macs. I doubt they ever have.

Dane

David Fawcett

May 25, 2010, 3:07:53 PM5/25/10
to spatiali...@googlegroups.com
I have been successfully displaying spatialite layers in QGIS on OSX
10.6 using William's (KyngChaos) binaries. I don't have my Mac here
at work, so I can't give you a build number, but it was one of the
nightly builds.

David.

Darren

May 26, 2010, 2:17:01 AM5/26/10
to SpatiaLite Users
If your are using OS X 10.6 you processor has to be an Intel.

David Fawcett

May 26, 2010, 10:39:21 AM5/26/10
to spatiali...@googlegroups.com
Daren,

I apologize for missing that you were talking specifically about a
problem when running on PPC.

David.