Spatialite and GeoJSON - (Sqlite3 JSON source code link)

Noli Sicad

Mar 21, 2011, 10:49:51 PM3/21/11
to spatiali...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sandro,

I am sending you the link for Sqlite3 JSON source code.

Here,
http://www.ch-werner.de/sqliteodbc/sqlite3json.tgz

This will probably help / pave the way for the request for GeoJSON
support (i.e AsGeoJSON) in Spatialite a reality.

Thanks.

Regards, Noli

On 3/21/11, Noli Sicad <nsi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Sandro,
>
> I have been looking at the possibility to use Spatialite for off-line
> mapping using Openlayers using Javascript and keep on ignoring about
> GeoJSON. However, I could not resist on asking now about the
> possibility of Spatialite supporting GeoJSON.
>
> Anyway, here is Geojson.org site.
>
> GeoJSON -- JSON Geometry and Feature Description
> http://www.geojson.org/
>
> PostGIS and Oracle spatial support Geojson (e.g. AsGeoJSON() Function )
>
> Openlayers and Spatialite would be perfect match for mobile devices
> (iOS and Android) if we can interface Spatialtie indirectly thru
> Sqlite without a server to render in Openlayers. Currently, this is
> the route - Spatialite - PHP(server) - Openlayers.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Regards, Noli

Alex Mandel

Mar 21, 2011, 11:03:37 PM3/21/11
to spatiali...@googlegroups.com

It might be more useful to look at the Postgis implementation.
http://postgis.refractions.net/documentation/manual-1.5/ST_AsGeoJSON.html
http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/browser/trunk/liblwgeom/lwout_geojson.c

On that topic I would like to discuss trying to bring Spatialite on
parity with Postgis in the realm of GeoDjango functionality. Covering a
similar set of functions would make the dbs very interchangeable and
include many of the same topics like asGeoJson, asGML etc
http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/ref/contrib/gis/db-api/#compatibility-tables

Thanks,
Alex