compiling spatialite amalgamation 2.3.1 problem

Michele Beneventi

Apr 28, 2011, 4:54:15 AM4/28/11
to SpatiaLite Users
Hi list,
I'm trying to compiled spatialite amalgamation 2.3.1 on Ubuntu 10.10
with libgeos 3.2.2 (from Ubuntu packages).
With this syntax:

----------------
CFLAGS="-I/usr/include/geotiff" ./configure \
--with-geos-include=/usr/include/geos \
--with-geos-lib=/usr/lib/
--------------
I have not problem to create the makefile but when I run the make
command, it return to me this:

..
libtool: link: cannot find the library `/usr/local/lib/libgeos_c.la'
or unhandled argument `/usr/local/lib/libgeos_c.la'
make[1]: *** [libspatialite.la] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/michele/Desktop/libspatialite-
amalgamation-2.3.1'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

In /usr/lib/ I found only "libgeos_c.a"

any ideas
thanks
Michele

Michele Beneventi

Apr 28, 2011, 6:07:54 AM4/28/11
to SpatiaLite Users
sorry not ../local/..

libtool: link: cannot find the library `/usr/lib/libgeos_c.la'
or unhandled argument `/usr/lib/libgeos_c.la'
make[1]: *** [libspatialite.la] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/michele/Desktop/libspatialite-
amalgamation-2.3.1'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

regards
Michele

a.furieri

Apr 28, 2011, 6:17:37 AM4/28/11
to SpatiaLite Users
Ciao Michele, felice di sentirti

although still marked as the current stable version,
v2.3.1 is now obsolete.

the most recent v2.4.0-RC4 or -RC5 are by far a better
choice; don't be afraid by the words "Release Candidate":
both them really are robust and fully affordable versions.

and the revised build system now supports Linux builds
based on pre-packaged libgeos and libproj on the most
pleasant and painless way.

http://www.gaia-gis.it/spatialite-2.4.0-4/index.html
http://www.gaia-gis.it/spatialite-2.4.0-5/index.html
http://www.gaia-gis.it/spatialite-2.4.0-4/build-notes.html