Publications

Jay

Sep 24, 2009, 12:08:33 PM9/24/09
to sparsh-ui
Hey everyone!

Have you published something that references Sparsh-UI? Or have you
used Sparsh-UI in your research, or just for fun? If so, let us know
about it! We'd like to recognize cool applications that use Sparsh-
UI. You can either reply to this post or send me an email. Links to
pubs or project websites would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Jay
Sparsh-UI Team

Martin Görg

Sep 24, 2009, 12:18:57 PM9/24/09
to spar...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am writing my diploma thesis about a framework similar to Sparsh UI. I
referenced and acknowledged your work in my thesis. I'm also preparing a
publication on the topic but due to space limits I cannot describe your
work in detail. Anyway (I guess you're familiar with this), time is an
issue so I couldn't take a very close look at your framework.

Anyway, my thesis' title is "A Framework for Abstract Representation and
Recognition of Gestures in Multi-Touch Applications" and the paper might be
named similar. My institution is the Berlin Institute of Technology
(Technische Universität Berlin).

Cheers,
Martin Goerg

Stephen Gilbert

Sep 24, 2009, 9:36:45 PM9/24/09
to spar...@googlegroups.com
Martin,
Thanks for even mentioning us. That helps. If you want to reference a paper, here's the one:

Ramanahally, P., Gilbert, S., Niedzielski, T., Velázquez, D., Anagnost, C. (2009) Sparsh UI: A Multi-Touch Framework for Collaboration and Modular Gesture Recognition. Proceedings of the World Conference on Innovative VR 2009.

And then send us your thesis when it's done. Would be interested to read it, esp. if it lists challenges for Sparsh that we can address.

Stephen

Martin Görg

Dec 28, 2009, 10:34:15 AM12/28/09
to spar...@googlegroups.com
Stephen,

My diploma thesis is long done and Sparsh UI is mentioned, I am not sure
when or how it will be published though. Fortunately, our paper has been
accepted at The Third International Conferences on Advances in
Computer-Human Interactions (ACHI) 2010 and will be published
(http://www.iaria.org/conferences2010/ACHI10.html). The title is "A

Framework for Abstract Representation and Recognition of Gestures in

Multi-Touch Applications". It will be part of ACHI 8: HAPTIC track (see
"Program").

Keep up the good work.

Cheers,
Martin