Can I use spark in a vb.net app

1 view

Detroitpro

May 29, 2009, 3:13:09 AM5/29/09
to Spark View Engine Dev
If so, are there any changes that I are specific to vb?

Louis DeJardin

May 29, 2009, 10:54:39 AM5/29/09
to spar...@googlegroups.com
Not yet, but that's something which should be possible eventually.

Eric Polerecky

May 29, 2009, 11:03:35 AM5/29/09
to spar...@googlegroups.com
I've have not really used the spark syntax but I was able to get the engine & html helpers. I just use C# in the view...seems to work well enough in a VB.NET project.

Do you see any potential problems with spark as it relates to being in a vb.net project?
--
- Eric Polerecky
http://eric.polerecky.com

Louis DeJardin

May 29, 2009, 11:55:50 AM5/29/09
to spar...@googlegroups.com
That's true, if you're okay with using C# in the view you should be fine. The view is compiled as csharp code and the references to the web app's output assembly - it's all managed types and IL at that point so doesn't really matter which language produced the assembly.

Louis DeJardin

May 29, 2009, 1:57:34 PM5/29/09
to spar...@googlegroups.com
Now that you mention it, I think someone recently posted a video showing how to add spark to a vb.net mvc app. ;)

http://eric.polerecky.com/archives/aspnet-mvc-new-project-replace-webforms-with-spark/

Detroitpro

May 29, 2009, 2:06:57 PM5/29/09
to Spark View Engine Dev
I sure did :)

I thought it would be possible and work just fine. wanted to double
check here to see if you hand an thoughts/pitfalls before I posted the
video....

I think I'll end up doing a few more...feel free to link to it from
the spark site...or not if it sucks ;)

I'm detroitpro on twitter too.

Thanks.