"Unsticking" iCal

cwood

Nov 13, 2007, 3:08:52 PM11/13/07
to Spanning Sync
Leopard iCal can get "stuck" in a state where it doesn't properly
communicate with Sync Services, and therefore doesn't sync properly
with Spanning Sync. You may notice new and changed events from Google
Calendar not showing up in iCal after a sync, or the other way around.

To "unstick" iCal and make sure it's updated with the current contents
of your Google calendars, please do the following:

* Reset iSync sync history ("iSync > Preferences > Reset Sync
History")
* Reset Spanning Sync ("Reset...", "Reset info on this computer")
* Login to Spanning Sync
* Sync

If you encounter this problem, please let us know how this solution
works for you. If you think your iCal is "stuck" and this solution
does not help, please do this:

* Create an event in iCal titled "iCal test"
* Create an event in Google Calendar called "gCal test"
* Sync
* Create a problem report ("Advanced...", "Create report") and email
it to us at sup...@spanningsync.com along with a description of the
problem.

Thanks,
Charlie

Thanks,
Charlie

KMK

Nov 24, 2007, 10:10:57 AM11/24/07
to Spanning Sync
I tried this and worked on my Leopard 10.5.1

Hope it helps....

kincyc

Nov 24, 2007, 7:13:07 PM11/24/07
to Spanning Sync
Tried this, worked the second time. My calendar was definitely "stuck"
> it to us at supp...@spanningsync.com along with a description of the

cwood

Nov 25, 2007, 12:06:48 PM11/25/07
to Spanning Sync
Some users have reported successfully "unsticking" iCal by deleting
this file:

~/Library/Calendars/Calendar Cache (where "~" is your home directory)

Also, it appears that using the Address Book application's Birthdays
calendar can cause the "stuck iCal" problem, so we recommend disabling
that preference in Address Book until Apple issues a fix for iCal.

Regards,
Charlie