Spanning Sync: not putting Contacts into groups

Argelius

Dec 28, 2009, 1:41:24 PM12/28/09
to Spanning Sync
I have Spanning Sync set to synchronize my Apple Address contacts to
my GMail contacts. (I have only one-way syncing set up such that
Google never changes what's in my Addressbook on my computer).

Every time I attempt the sync, all of my contacts end up in one group
on GMail. I've tried syncing one group at a time making sure there
are corresponding Addressbook and Google groups. However, all contacts
keep ending up on GMail in one group.

I've tried the Advanced>Start Over maneuver for contacts a couple of
times, but can't seem to get my Addressbook and GMail groups to be the
same.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

byron.shaheen

Dec 29, 2009, 5:02:46 PM12/29/09
to Spanning Sync
Hi,

Spanning Sync doesn't support group-to-group contact syncing.
Whatever Address Book contacts you choose to sync, will all end up in
the 'My Contacts' list in Google.

Thanks,

Byron

---
Byron Shaheen
byron....@spanningsync.com
http://spanningsync.com

Krutsch

Dec 31, 2009, 2:12:40 PM12/31/09
to Spanning Sync
Thanks, Byron for the clarification. Any chance that will be added to
Spanning Sync in the future?

Ken

On Dec 29, 4:02 pm, "byron.shaheen" <byron.shah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Spanning Sync doesn't support group-to-group contact syncing.
> Whatever Address Book contacts you choose to sync, will all end up in
> the 'My Contacts' list in Google.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Byron
>
> ---
> Byron Shaheen

> byron.shah...@spanningsync.comhttp://spanningsync.com

cwood

Dec 31, 2009, 2:24:13 PM12/31/09
to Spanning Sync
We'd love to see it added in but we can't promise anything. We'll mark
you down as "in favor". :-)

Thanks, and Happy New Year!

-Charlie

Savv

Jan 5, 2010, 9:42:52 PM1/5/10
to Spanning Sync
One more vote for the group feature!

I would also love to have group-to-group sync in the next version.

Savv

shawn.hank

Jan 21, 2010, 5:39:11 AM1/21/10
to Spanning Sync
I will add on to this. Having this feature would enable me to leverage
various personal greetings that I use with Google Voice. Here's a use
case for you.

I have a personal contact group and and a professional contact group.
Google Voice can route people from each group to the appropriate
personal or professional greeting that I have set up, based upon the
phone number of the person dialing. By syncing separate contact
groups, I can have different VM greetings for different groups.

I am a lifetime owner of Spanning Sync and Spanning Tools, can't go a
day / week without them, respectively. Keep up the good work.

On Dec 31 2009, 2:24 pm, cwood <charlie.w...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We'd love to see it added in but we can't promise anything. We'll mark
> you down as "in favor". :-)
>
> Thanks, and Happy New Year!
>
> -Charlie
>
> On Dec 31, 1:12 pm, Krutsch <k...@krutsch.com> wrote:
>
> > Thanks, Byron for the clarification.  Any chance that will be added to
> > Spanning Sync in the future?
>
> > Ken
>
> > On Dec 29, 4:02 pm, "byron.shaheen" <byron.shah...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Hi,
>
> > > Spanning Sync doesn't supportgroup-to-groupcontactsyncing.
> > > Whatever Address Book contacts you choose to sync, will all end up in
> > > the 'My Contacts' list in Google.
>
> > > Thanks,
>
> > > Byron
>
> > > ---
> > > Byron Shaheen
> > > byron.shah...@spanningsync.comhttp://spanningsync.com

Daniel

Feb 10, 2010, 7:28:30 AM2/10/10
to Spanning Sync
Mark me too, please. This becomes increasingly important with the
introduction of Google Buzz: http://www.google.com/buzz

Daniel

bob

Feb 19, 2010, 1:29:24 AM2/19/10
to Spanning Sync
Add me to the list. It is a serious oversight not syncing the groups
between Apple and Google. I am a soccer coach and every player entry
and edit is having to be done twice. Not having fun....

On Feb 10, 6:28 am, Daniel <dlink1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Mark me too, please. This becomes increasingly important with the
> introduction of Google Buzz:http://www.google.com/buzz
>
> Daniel
>
> On 31 Dez. 2009, 20:24, cwood <charlie.w...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > We'd love to see it added in but we can't promise anything. We'll mark
> > you down as "in favor". :-)
>
> > Thanks, and Happy New Year!
>
> > -Charlie
>
> > On Dec 31, 1:12 pm, Krutsch <k...@krutsch.com> wrote:
>
> > > Thanks, Byron for the clarification.  Any chance that will be added to
> > > Spanning Sync in the future?
>
> > > Ken

david martin

Feb 19, 2010, 4:36:41 PM2/19/10
to Spanning Sync
Any status on Spanning Sync supporting "groups". Is there an
alternative? This is important.

gsuser

Feb 21, 2010, 11:50:22 AM2/21/10
to Spanning Sync
Mark me down as wanting this, too.

rvinny

Mar 15, 2010, 2:25:54 PM3/15/10
to Spanning Sync
wait, I don't understand. In contacts there is a checkbox for
'selected groups' so if you have those groups already created in
Address Book, why wouldn't those sync to Google? What's the point of
the checkboxes then?

Larry Hendricks

Mar 15, 2010, 9:26:01 PM3/15/10
to Spanning Sync
On Mar 15, 11:25 am, rvinny <rvi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> wait, I don't understand. In contacts there is a checkbox for
> 'selected groups' so if you have those groups already created in
> Address Book, why wouldn't those sync to Google? What's the point of
> the checkboxes then?

The point would be to only sync the contacts in the selected groups.
Say for example that you have business and personal contacts on your
Mac but you don't want any business contacts linked to your gmail
account. Obviously, syncing the groups themselves would be even better
but that's a bigger project, and on our to-do list.
--
Larry Hendricks
la...@spanningsync.com

mattyf

Jun 24, 2011, 6:32:33 PM6/24/11
to spanni...@googlegroups.com
me too!

koernchen1809

Aug 11, 2011, 6:01:57 AM8/11/11
to Spanning Sync
me too, please.

thx!

On 25 Jun., 00:32, mattyf <mattyfried...@gmail.com> wrote:
> me too!

Boris Capitanu

Jan 16, 2012, 10:36:54 AM1/16/12
to spanni...@googlegroups.com
Is this coming anytime soon?  I've been waiting for this feature for a long time....

Head Nerd

Apr 1, 2012, 7:44:35 PM4/1/12
to spanni...@googlegroups.com
I second this... this is a very important feature when syncing contacts. Is it, or is it not on your developer roadmap? Your product has worked great for me so far, but I've started a small business and absolutely NEED group sync to help me keep things organized as I have two-way sync turned on and want contacts added back to my mac from gmail when I'm at a conf. and add them directly to my phone.