Why do entries in my Address Book 'touched' often?

Bill Bonney

Mar 2, 2009, 1:27:58 AM3/2/09
to spanni...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have been using iSync for many years with various Nokia mobile
phones. One of the strategies i have with any sync software is to
review changes upon each sync, especially for address book. I do this
by creating an address book smart folder that show any changes to my
address book that have happened in the a) last week and in the b) last
half a day.

I maybe have 1 card that has changed in the last week, but i see 23
changes in the address book for the last week and 4 is the last half a
day.

Oh, now I have just downloaded 2.1.1 and my address book has 59 in the
last half a day and 74 in the last week.

What is going on, and why are so many of my contacts being 'touched'.
As far as i can tell no data has changed, but it's lots of contacts to
review to verify exactly if all is ok.

II have used .Mac for the last two or three years and I have never
seen this before

Thanks

Bill

cwood

Mar 2, 2009, 7:54:02 AM3/2/09
to Spanning Sync
Without seeing a detailed log I can't be 100% sure of what's happening
on your system, but my best guess is that Google updating the
"updated" value of a contact to whom you've sent an email which causes
that contact to be pulled from Google on the next sync and "touched"
in the Apple Sync Services database. We've seen this behavior from
Google before but it's not consistent.

If you'd like us to look at your log, please create a problem report
(Advanced > Create report) and email it to sup...@spanningsync.com
along with a detailed description of the issue.

Thanks,
Charlie

Bill Bonney

Mar 5, 2009, 2:19:56 PM3/5/09
to spanni...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I haven't sent this happen again. Maybe it has settled down now, or
been fixed in the update.

I'll keep an eye out and if it changes again i'll email the detailed
report

Thanks

Bill