want to Demo your MakerBot for space exploration - Dayton

Bruce Mackenzie gm

Aug 1, 2010, 11:27:18 PM8/1/10
to southwest-...@googlegroups.com, Bruce Mackenzie gm, James Burk, Bruce Mackenzie gm
If you are interested in space exploration, settlements on Mars, or
just like to
show off your MakerBot to people –
- We have the opportunity for you if you are near Dayton, Ohio; next week;
(and later opportunities in New England and California, and elsewhere)

We have an exhibit table for the Mars Foundation, at the Mars Society
convention
in Dayton, Ohio, in early August. It would be great to have someone show off
their MakerBot Cupcake or similar small machine.

Patrick Callahan showed off his CupCake at our Mars Foundation exhibit
table, at the International Space Development Conference in Chicago,
back in May. It was a lot of fun for him, and one of the more crowded tables
in the room.

Some background info -
Our vision is to build settlements on Mars, using 3d printing and other custom
manufacturing to make the furnishings, and habitats.
The idea is we can make plastic from the thin air and water from the
permafrost
of Mars. That plastic is feed it to a MakerBot or reprap machine to make
(at least some of) the parts for more manufacturing machines.
More info on the Mars Foundation is at MarsHome.org . It is dedicated to
education and research about living on Mars, including novel ways of
manufacturing on Mars.

If interested call 781-249-5437, as I will not be checking e-mail regularly.
See MarsHome.org/images2 & MarsHome.org/docs

thanks,
- Bruce Mackenzie
Mars Foundation MarsHome.org
BMack...@alum.mit.edu
781-249-5437 (mobile)

Dave Menninger

Aug 2, 2010, 10:11:04 AM8/2/10
to southwest-...@googlegroups.com, Bruce Mackenzie gm, James Burk, Bruce Mackenzie gm
I'm about an hour away from Dayton, but I could make a trip up there
for a day if no one else is interested. I think at least one member
of this group actually lives in Dayton.

I won't be able to get off work any days this week, so I could only
come in the evening or on the weekend.

~Dave

Ryan

Aug 2, 2010, 10:38:13 AM8/2/10
to Southwest Ohio RepRap
I'm in Dayton and should be able to come by for an evening. Not sure
what time zone you're in bruce so I'll give you a call in afternoon.

-Ryan
> >  BMacken...@alum.mit.edu
> >  781-249-5437   (mobile)- Hide quoted text -

Ryan

Aug 2, 2010, 1:17:24 PM8/2/10
to Southwest Ohio RepRap
Sounds like conference goes on for a couple days, I can go for a few
non-work hours. If you want to call the number Dave he may have more
info on what times he wants people.