1 AM Bike Riders - Watchout Neighbors

Alan B. Mac Farlane

Nov 1, 2005, 7:23:24 PM11/1/05
Hey guys ...

My neighbor slept outside on his front porch last night ... because the
night before some people stole the hood off of his Dodge Van with out the
dogs barking on it.

There have been lots of thefts over the past weeks ... mostly gas, tools,
breaking and entering on one occasion and now this ... car parts. Perhaps
they could have taken the battery and might next time since the hood is
missing now.

He was on the front porch last night and some bike rider comes along at 1 am
... just peddeling along. He confronted him with a shotgun apparently ...
somehow the Sheriff was jonnny on the spot and did the investigation upon
the notice of the property owner. Found nothing and let the guy go.

So folks ... you have to watchout for strangers in the night now ...
watchout for your neighbors with alarms and sensors and dogs and now video
camara.

We are talking about getting one and putting public domaine under
surveilence using the street lighting for the camara and video feed to a
computer ... maybe make a blog or something real time ... have fun with it
if we can.

Suppose we have to make a sign saying there is video surveilence going on
regarding the public property ... county road if you will.

This is the great Bush economy working by the borrow and spend Republicans.

sumbuddie who cares

:()

car...@egine.com

Nov 1, 2005, 7:33:36 PM11/1/05

Alan B. Mac Farlane wrote:
> Hey guys ...
>
> My neighbor slept outside on his front porch last night ... because the
> night before some people stole the hood off of his Dodge Van with out the
> dogs barking on it.
>

> He was on the front porch last night and some bike rider comes along at 1 am
> ... just peddeling along. He confronted him with a shotgun apparently ...

I'll be on the lookout for a bicycle rider carrying the hood to a Dodge
van. Whadda ya think- under his arm, or bungee'd to his rear rack?

Conversely, when I'm out bicycling I'll be on the lookout for a nut
with a shotgun who thinks someone on a bicycle made off with the hood
to his van...

-Paul

Alan B. Mac Farlane

Nov 1, 2005, 7:42:16 PM11/1/05
My little three block neighborhood in Santa Rosa Town Center has had a rash
of nighttime thefts and burgularies for the past month ... people are
jittery it has become so bad.

Sorry you missed the point there guy ... and I hope you and your neighbors
fair better in this economy of crime then mine have.

sumbuddie on da watchtower

:)

in article 1130891616....@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com,

car...@egine.com

Nov 1, 2005, 8:57:57 PM11/1/05

Alan B. Mac Farlane wrote:
> My little three block neighborhood in Santa Rosa Town Center has had a rash
> of nighttime thefts and burgularies for the past month ... people are
> jittery it has become so bad.

If your neighbor is missing the hood to a Dodge van don't you think he
should be looking for a Dodge van rather than pulling a gun on a
bicyclist? That's my point. Tools and gas would also be a bit awkward
to carry on a bicycle.

> Sorry you missed the point there guy ... and I hope you and your neighbors
> fair better in this economy of crime then mine have.

Sounds like you have some hoodlums in your 'hood.
-Paul

DuZen

Nov 1, 2005, 9:33:54 PM11/1/05
car...@egine.com wrote:
> Alan B. Mac Farlane wrote:
>
>>Hey guys ...
>>
>>My neighbor slept outside on his front porch last night ... because the
>>night before some people stole the hood off of his Dodge Van with out the
>>dogs barking on it.
>>

>>He was on the front porch last night and some bike rider comes along at 1 am
>>... just peddeling along. He confronted him with a shotgun apparently ...

> I'll be on the lookout for a bicycle rider carrying the hood to a Dodge
> van. Whadda ya think- under his arm, or bungee'd to his rear rack?

Well one actually could hold a hood to a van under their arm,...
Depending on the year. Many (not "mini") vans of old had hoods designed
solely for dipstick access, about 14" deep. Just saying, It could be
done on a bike. A bike would also be a stealthy way to case a
neighborhood... Just sayin'.

> Conversely, when I'm out bicycling I'll be on the lookout for a nut
> with a shotgun who thinks someone on a bicycle made off with the hood
> to his van...

Well, if you're riding at 1 am through a crime infested neighborhood it
might be a good idea to keep a lookout... ;)

-Kurt

car...@egine.com

Nov 2, 2005, 1:48:37 AM11/2/05

DuZen wrote:

> Well one actually could hold a hood to a van under their arm,...
> Depending on the year. Many (not "mini") vans of old had hoods designed
> solely for dipstick access, about 14" deep. Just saying, It could be
> done on a bike. A bike would also be a stealthy way to case a
> neighborhood... Just sayin'.

OK- 14" by 6 feet- how far are you going to bicycle carrying that? :-)
And the other stolen items- tools, gasoline- how much gas could you
carry on a BIKE?! And in this country, riding a bicycle at night is a
way to draw attention to yourself. And nothing more ordinary than a car
or van drivin' by at night.

Naw, common sense says the perps are drivin' a Dodge van with the
missing hood on the front, the missing tools in the back, and the
missing gas in the tank. ;-)

> > Conversely, when I'm out bicycling I'll be on the lookout for a nut
> > with a shotgun who thinks someone on a bicycle made off with the hood
> > to his van...
>
> Well, if you're riding at 1 am through a crime infested neighborhood it
> might be a good idea to keep a lookout... ;)

Come to think of it, this has the hallmarks of an urban legend.

"some bike rider comes along at 1 am... just peddeling along. He

confronted him with a shotgun apparently."

"somehow the Sheriff was jonnny on the spot and did the investigation
upon
the notice of the property owner. Found nothing and let the guy go."

Offhand, I'd say the guy with the shotgun would be in a heap of
trouble:

"Officer! I'm so glad you're here. I caught this guy RIDING A BICYCLE!
So I'm holding him here at gunpoint so's you can ARREST HIM!"

But this needs a twist to become a proper urban legend. How's this:

"Found nothing and let the guy go. 10 minutes later the sheriff gets an
emergency call, a bicyclist has been hit by a car. Arrives on the
scene, finds the same bicyclist lying dead in the road. He's burst
open, revealing condoms filled with gasoline, and the hood to a dodge
van hidden in his rectum..."

Alan B. Mac Farlane

Nov 2, 2005, 9:38:17 AM11/2/05
in article 1130896677....@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com,
car...@egine.com at car...@egine.com wrote on 11/1/05 5:57 PM:

> If your neighbor is missing the hood to a Dodge van don't you think he
> should be looking for a Dodge van rather than pulling a gun on a
> bicyclist? That's my point. Tools and gas would also be a bit awkward
> to carry on a bicycle.

He was homeless, driving around case-in da joint ... no wallet, no money, no
identification, no address, no phone.

My neighbor needs a bit more recovery and not blowup like he does. he is
making progress with his post traumatic stress disorder and calm down to
find this serial burgular in the neighborhood. About 30 people are
personally interested in getting some ass on this one. Shoot some kosher
rock salt for it high melt temp and make it sting while the perp is caught
in the act in some back yard.

The get away car or truck is used ... but there are some sophisticated
educated people in Sonoma County.

Some nights my infrared sensor alarm goes off cause the flowers are pretty
and they want to take them home ... and I hear a soft mocassin step to the
side as they try to walk out the sensor range and still come in unannounced.

My dog is silently point to them on the other side of the fence.

I just click off the safety on my home defense 12 guage.

Silence ensues ... then another soft mocassin step.

Swoosh.

I ratchet out the salt for some bird shot.

Now the mocassin steps go away - twice as fast as they came in - but no
hurry - no fear - this guy is well trained, rather educated.

swoosh - swoosh - swoosh ... goes his feet.

dogs dont bark ... no one knows he is there.

I got your point guy ... try to stop living in fear.

prevarications come from that life style ... do the work of living in love.

see what happens ... you might like it.

sumbuddie who cares

:()

Alan B. Mac Farlane

Nov 2, 2005, 9:41:06 AM11/2/05
in article mAV9f.288$bb3.101@trnddc02, DuZen at AustinW...@Yahoo.com
wrote on 11/1/05 6:33 PM:

> Well, if you're riding at 1 am through a crime infested neighborhood it
> might be a good idea to keep a lookout... ;)
>
> -Kurt

and take identification with you as well ...

have a cell phone maybe to call home for your wife or friend to vouch for
you ...

not be homeless looking for a way to survive in the Bush economy.

we really have to make homeless encampments like they did in the 30s with
the Grapes of Wrath it seems.

2 riders are appraching and the wind it do howl

sumbuddie on da watchtower

:()

DuZen

Nov 2, 2005, 3:33:58 PM11/2/05
car...@egine.com wrote:

> "Officer! I'm so glad you're here. I caught this guy RIDING A BICYCLE!
> So I'm holding him here at gunpoint so's you can ARREST HIM!"
>
> But this needs a twist to become a proper urban legend. How's this:
>
> "Found nothing and let the guy go. 10 minutes later the sheriff gets an
> emergency call, a bicyclist has been hit by a car. Arrives on the
> scene, finds the same bicyclist lying dead in the road. He's burst
> open, revealing condoms filled with gasoline, and the hood to a dodge
> van hidden in his rectum..."

Rectum? It nearly killed 'em...

The first hypothesis on the thefts that came to my mind was that it was
probably TWO bicyclists carrying the hood by a string tied between them....

-Kurt

car...@egine.com

Nov 2, 2005, 4:04:22 PM11/2/05

DuZen wrote:
> car...@egine.com wrote:
>

> > and the hood to a dodge van hidden in his rectum..."
> >

> Rectum? It nearly killed 'em...

Heh heh! You're good!

> The first hypothesis on the thefts that came to my mind was that it was
> probably TWO bicyclists carrying the hood by a string tied between them....

Hmmmnnn... reminds me of a bike I saw on Oahu- it had a side mount for
carrying a surf board. It could easily be used to steal 14" x 6' hoods
from Dodge vans... ;-)
-Paul

DuZen

Nov 2, 2005, 6:00:05 PM11/2/05
car...@egine.com wrote:
> DuZen wrote:
>
>>car...@egine.com wrote:
>>

>>>and the hood to a dodge van hidden in his rectum..."
>>>

>>Rectum? It nearly killed 'em...
>>

> Heh heh! You're good!
>

>>The first hypothesis on the thefts that came to my mind was that it was
>>probably TWO bicyclists carrying the hood by a string tied between them....

"What,... Tied between the dorsal feathers?"
-Or-
"It's not a question of where he grips it! It's a simple lift to weight
ratio"...

> Hmmmnnn... reminds me of a bike I saw on Oahu- it had a side mount for
> carrying a surf board. It could easily be used to steal 14" x 6' hoods
> from Dodge vans... ;-)

Still the problem of gas & tools... Hmmmm....

-Kurt

Jimmy Mac

Nov 3, 2005, 12:44:15 AM11/3/05
Old news.. That same sort of stuff was happening my two block ghetto in
Rohnert Park too until one of my neighbors decided to hang out in the dark
with a pellet gun. We went from one or two auto burgaleries per week to none
in over a year. It was always a small group of latino's on stolen bikes -
one of which was stolen out of another neighbor's garage!
The local PD can rarely if ever catch them because of all the bike paths and
narrow alleyways between the units around here.

Just another example of the "cause and effect" of the Mexifornication of
Sonoma County.

"Alan B. Mac Farlane" <al...@sonic.net> wrote in message

Alan B. Mac Farlane

Nov 3, 2005, 1:23:32 PM11/3/05
we are out for this guys ass as well ... he has pissed off about 30 people
in a three block area big time.

sonic.net and the hard work they do to bring this to you.

sumbuddie walks his talk

:()

in article Pshaf.1949$te3....@typhoon.sonic.net, Jimmy Mac at

car...@egine.com

Nov 3, 2005, 2:11:11 PM11/3/05

Jimmy Mac wrote:
> Old news.. That same sort of stuff was happening my two block ghetto in
> Rohnert Park too until one of my neighbors decided to hang out in the dark
> with a pellet gun.

Now that sounds like more fun than the shotgun! Shotguns are... messy.

This problem will go away over the next 20 yrs. Everyone will have
surveilance technology, no one will be able to get away with anything.
One of my friends, a gool ol' boy from Sonoma, came up with a CD-based
Linux system that's dirt cheap:

http://home.earthlink.net/~andrewknutsen/webcam-pres/index.html

He uses it to monitor his cabin in the Sierras. It records anything
that moves, and uploads the pictures to his website.
-Paul

spookdog

Nov 4, 2005, 12:44:23 AM11/4/05
Yes but if the Police respond to your frantic pleas for help and zap a
suspect with their tazer how are you going to feel?

Alan B. Mac Farlane

Nov 4, 2005, 11:34:42 AM11/4/05
If the situation is slow enough for a tazer ...

(why not use a Veternary supply tranqualizer gun and drug them up with some
cocaine and heroin instead ... betcha they go peacefully then. --- not
funnie

... the the Lieutenant on the Watch Shift can do the tazer action with the
team for safe delivery to the court ...

the government can only electrocute you to death with a jury verdict not by
some agent ... so I say off with the tazer.

Its really a torture weapon.

Cattle killer, if you tire of gunning or hammer work on the bovine skulls;
hey ... its a business.

sumbuddie on da watchtower

:()

in article XyCaf.2064$te3....@typhoon.sonic.net, spookdog at

chop

Nov 6, 2005, 5:07:10 AM11/6/05
this old git will use it for lift and get there first!

--
if u really want to email me, click on the address below
<car...@egine.com> wrote in message