Khotin Uyezd census 1835-1880 on FamilySearch

Jeremiah Wilton

Jan 15, 2021, 10:14:42 PM1/15/21
to Sokiryany Jewish Roots
Hello Sokiryany researchers,

I'm an amateur genealogist in Seattle helping a friend with their family history research.

Has anyone made use of the Khotin Uyezd census 1835-1880 on FamilySearch? It seems this would include Sokiryany, right? Does anyone understand how it is organized?

Besides that, what are the principal pre-1910 record sets available for Sokiryany? It looks like this group has had some records photographed in the past, but the dropbox links no longer work.

I'm specifically looking for records of the Machlach and Ackerman families from Sokiryany. Lieb Machlach, son of Shlomo and Masha, born abt. 1885 in Sokiryany took the name Louis Ackerman after coming to the United States in 1908.

I'm very happy to translate any Yiddish documents, letters or postcards members of this group may have.

Thanks,

Jeremiah

Avraham

Jan 18, 2021, 3:35:46 AM1/18/21
to Yefim Kogan, sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
Hi there Yefim, as JewishGen's Bessarabia's Project coordinator, does the project currently maintain a list of documents they intend to translate/index ?
Jeremiah's example below, looks like something worth indexing.
I wonder if JG can share the work currently in progress and/or what are the plans for the future.

Thanks in advance,
Avraham

For any issues or further assistance, don't hesitate to contact the group's administrator at 435....@gmail.com

Good luck for everyone of us in our quests for tracing back stories we did not ask to be forgotten.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Sokiryany Jewish Roots" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sokiryany-jewish-roots/5385e213-ebc8-4b56-a19d-c25a7ae99fd3n%40googlegroups.com.