Software Craftsmanship Manifesto

Paul Pagel

Mar 6, 2009, 7:18:19 PM3/6/09
to software_cr...@googlegroups.com
Craftsmen,

In December, many of us met in Libertyville at the first 'craftsmanship
summit' with the intent of establishing a set of principles for
Software Craftsmanship. After the summit, the conversations continued
on the mailing list, finally culminating in an elegant summarization
of our thoughts by Doug Bradbury. Today, we put the manifesto up on
the web as a statement of our values as craftsmen. I'm inviting you,
as members of the software craftsmen community,  to view the manifesto and, if you
choose, to sign it.

http://manifesto.softwarecraftsmanship.org/

This is an exciting time for all of us, a result of the participation
and thoughts of everyone, both at the summit and in the subsequent
discussion online. I want to thank everyone for carrying these ideas
forward.

Best,
Paul Pagel

gommo

Mar 17, 2009, 7:20:21 AM3/17/09
to software_craftsmanship
Anyway the list of signatures could be put into some database. It'd be
interesting to be able to find like minded people around your own
area?

Adewale Oshineye

Mar 17, 2009, 7:23:10 AM3/17/09
to software_cr...@googlegroups.com
Or simply put it into a CSV file or online Google Spreadsheet.

The tricky bit is keeping that up to date.

Enrique Comba Riepenhausen

Mar 17, 2009, 7:26:34 AM3/17/09
to software_cr...@googlegroups.com
It looks to me like a rails app ;)

Dough, do you have a way to create a dump of the db or (even cooler)
have an view only access to that table for people? Or even cooler yet,
offer a rest interface to query this info?

Cheers,

Enrique

2009/3/17 Adewale Oshineye <ade...@gmail.com>:
--
Enrique Comba Riepenhausen
[@]: <eco...@gmail.com>

Paul Pagel

Mar 17, 2009, 10:02:54 AM3/17/09
to software_cr...@googlegroups.com
I have been thinking of a google map with all of the signatories
plotted. If you have something in mind, let me know.

Paul