SCNA Apprenticeship Panel

DocOnDev

Nov 19, 2011, 11:06:44 AM11/19/11
to software_craftsmanship
Yesterday at SCNA, we held an apprenticeship panel where our panelists
answered questions from the audience on apprenticeships. We took
questions via twitter. The primary themes were how to select an
apprentice, what makes for a good program, and how to get started.

I captured the questions using TweetDoc:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11131130/SCNA-Apprenticeship-Panel-Questions.pdf

I encourage folks to continue the discussion here and on twitter.

- Doc

DocOnDev

Nov 19, 2011, 11:38:29 AM11/19/11
to software_craftsmanship
I posted a more detailed write up on the panel in my blog -
http://www.docondev.com/2011/11/scna-2011-apprenticeship-panel.html

Markus Gaertner

Nov 19, 2011, 11:45:14 AM11/19/11
to software_cr...@googlegroups.com
Awesome, Doc. Thanks for sharing this.

I have said this multiple times before: Craftsmanship is not only about great
code, but also on how to educate the next generation of software developers.
The apprenticeship panel resonates with this.

Best
Markus

--
Dipl.-Inform. Markus Gärtner
http://www.shino.de/blog

Esko Luontola

Nov 21, 2011, 3:06:49 AM11/21/11
to software_cr...@googlegroups.com
Will audio or video recordings of these sessions be made public?

Kevin Taylor

Nov 21, 2011, 9:09:58 AM11/21/11
to software_cr...@googlegroups.com

We did not record sessions.