SOFA doesn't start on Lucid

1 view

ferramroberto

Jun 13, 2010, 4:56:20 AM6/13/10
to sofastatistics
Hi Ferramroberto,
amministrator blog http://linuxfreedomforlive.blogspot.com

I've found is that my other readers problems when I get a window that
says:

Orig error: global name 'config_dlg' is not defined"

if you can indicate how to solve this problem
thanks and congratulations for the application

pyGrant

Jun 13, 2010, 8:46:01 AM6/13/10
to sofastatistics
Hi,

Thanks for bringing this problem to my attention. SOFA Statistics is
developed on Lucid so it should be possible to get it working. Let's
start by seeing if something really basic is broken.

Is the following file in your system: "/usr/share/pyshared/sofa/
config_dlg.py"? And do you have a folder called "/home/username/
_internal"? It should have a file called "output.txt" in it.

Is there anything interesting in output.txt?

You seem to have gotten some things installed correctly otherwise you
wouldn't have even been able to generate the error message.
Interestingly, the program successfully imported the getdata module
but came unstuck when trying to load the config_dlg module:

import getdata
import config_dlg
import full_html

I expect we can resolve this with a little trial and error. Thanks
for your help in advance.

All the best, Grant

lsa

Jun 13, 2010, 10:14:15 AM6/13/10
to sofastatistics
Hi,

I have the same problem on Jaunty. I have the file: "/usr/share/
pyshared/sofa/config_dlg.py", but no directory called _internal in my
homedir

Best wishes
Lars

lsa

Jun 13, 2010, 12:03:17 PM6/13/10
to sofastatistics
Ok, found it in /home/username/sofa/_internal

But it's empty :(

Best wishes
Lars

ferramroberto

Jun 13, 2010, 3:41:35 PM6/13/10
to sofastatistics

Hi
the file "output.txt" is empty

the error message complete is

Something went wrong with running SOFA Statistics. Please email the
lead developer for help - gr...@sofastatistics.com

Orig error: global name 'config_dlg' is not defined

Grant Paton-Simpson

Jun 13, 2010, 4:56:59 PM6/13/10
to sofasta...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks for that. What happens if you save the attached script to the
same folder as start.py (config.dlg should also be there) and then run
it using python?

1) Saving test_start.py to /usr/share/pyshared/sofa
There are different ways of doing this but here is one that works:
From the main menu: Applications>Accessories>Terminal
In the terminal:

gksu nautilus

Click on File System and navigate to wherever you saved test_start.py to
e.g. /home/username/Desktop
Edit>Copy
Then navigate to /usr/share/pyshared/sofa and Edit>Paste
Close Terminal if it doesn't give you the prompt back.

2) Running test_start.py using python
From the main menu: Applications>Accessories>Terminal
In the terminal:

cd /usr/share/pyshared/sofa

then

python test_start.py

What happens?

All the best, Grant

test_start.py

pyGrant

Jun 28, 2010, 4:57:26 PM6/28/10
to sofastatistics
Hi Ferramroberto,

The latest version of SOFA Statistics supplies much, much more useful
and detailed error messages when things fail very early on (like in
these cases). If anyone is willing, it would be great if they could
install 0.9.12 and share the new error messages. One user has already
done so and it was really helpful.

All the best, Grant