Repo names migration

Guillermo Rauch

Jun 24, 2011, 2:19:33 PM6/24/11
to sock...@googlegroups.com
As of Monday the 27th 10AM PST, the Socket.IO repositories will change names in GitHub.

learnboost/socket.io-node will become learnboost/socket.io
learnboost/socket.io will become learnboost/socket.io-client

The names in NPM will remain the same (socket.io and socket.io-client respectively).

This is only important for those using git submodules or those who have clones of the repositories that they actively pull code from.
In these cases you should simply edit the files `.gitmodules` and `.git/config` and make the appropriate changes.

Remember that the recommended way of getting socket.io is through NPM in which case there are no changes.

--
Guillermo Rauch
LearnBoost CTO

Daniel Shaw

Jun 24, 2011, 4:04:59 PM6/24/11
to sock...@googlegroups.com
Awesome. Glad you decided to bite the bullet and make this change.

Daniel Shaw
ds...@dshaw.com
@dshaw

S. A.

Jun 24, 2011, 5:27:35 PM6/24/11
to sock...@googlegroups.com
1. Right now npm installed node_mouldes dir is not in the app server's visible path, so make a link to Socket.IO in my app dir and I include "/Socket.IO/dist/socket.io.js" in my client scripts. Do you know how the above change is going to effect the client/browser includes of socket.io.js?

2. Is it possible that the client socket.io.js is made available via Google code CDN, similar to jQuery?

Thanks

Xavi Ramirez

Jun 24, 2011, 8:17:36 PM6/24/11
to sock...@googlegroups.com