Socket.IO with native SSL support!

Guillermo Rauch

Feb 9, 2011, 10:05:25 PM2/9/11
to sock...@googlegroups.com
I just pushed 0.6.10 to NPM and GitHub, with SSL compatibility on latest Node HEAD (to be released as 0.4.0 stable)

0.6.10 / 2011-02-09
==============

  * Added SSL chat example (`make example-ssl`)
  * Fixed; possible write errors when a connection error event fires

You can run the example that ships with Socket.IO by typing `sudo make example-ssl` and pointing your browser to https://localhost

So far, the only hiccup in my tests is that Safari websockets don't seem to work (I used a self-signed certificate, so there's a chance
that websockets in safari are disabled for that scenario). I tested all other transports and browsers, including IE, and SSL seems to
be working flawlessly.

Please report any bugs or problems you might encounter.

Thanks!

--
Guillermo Rauch
http://devthought.com

Ben Williamson

Feb 9, 2011, 10:45:39 PM2/9/11
to sock...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 2:05 PM, Guillermo Rauch <rau...@gmail.com> wrote:
I just pushed 0.6.10 to NPM and GitHub, with SSL compatibility on latest Node HEAD (to be released as 0.4.0 stable)

Great! This is exactly what I need, I'll give it a test.

- Ben.