Life under the Net

BUTTERFLY: Nature Club of India

Aug 7, 2010, 2:29:11 PM8/7/10
to SAFE - Social Action Foundation for Equity
Life under the Net
http://news.in.msn.com/national/article.aspx?cp-documentid=4242901

WikiLeaks has survived and thrived only because the Internet is an
uncontrollable space, beyond the purview of any govt or corporation

WikiLeaks has survived and thrived only because the Internet is an
uncontrollable space, beyond the purview of any govt or corporation

The world of techie communication gets weirder by the minute -- only
this morning, I had an SMS from Sai Baba (or someone purportedly
acting on his behalf) offering "daily alerts in quotes, trivia and
prayers" from the holy man himself at Rs 30 a month. Tarts, real
estate tycoons and many others are also in daily touch with me despite
my best efforts to block their unsolicited calls, messages and emails.

From the US, there is a stream of horror stories of the offensive and
bizarre behaviour of techie support staff at Indian call centres.
Unethical, nutcase employees of reputable computer corporations have
conned American callers, in search of simple technical assistance, to
hack into their laptops and misuse private information -- from credit
card numbers and personal pictures -- and go on spending sprees or set
up porn sites.

http://news.in.msn.com/national/article.aspx?cp-documentid=4242901