Maharashtra Foundation Award 2010: A recognition for the consistent, difficult work of mine, Three Cheers!

1 view

harsh

Jan 6, 2011, 4:51:10 AM1/6/11
to socialactionfoundationforequity, karmayog1, arunpmokashi, archanahande, bhandareanand, forestman, gulati, ihjaveri, jayanti.shukla, kolhapurcollector, meetshinde, obcrekha, olga_rbow, ozaharsha, ronitatorcato, tvsantosh18, ujwalasam, ujwalabarathe, vachamail, wdcvidya, Pouru Wadia, yashoda p, zareergotla, yogeshp
Dear Friends, It’s been a hat-trick that would make all of us proud… After the recent Ashoka Changemakers’ international prize and Karmaveer National Award by Indian Confederation of NGOs, here’s a third prestigious award announced today, by Maharashtra Foundation in recognition of my notable work on gender equality engaging young men for the past 17 years – consistently, with several odds and moments of despair. Maharashtra Foundation, established by Sunil Deshmukh and other Maharashtrian entrepreneurs based in US, has been recognizing the significant work of individuals in literary and social-work fields in Maharashtra, since 1994 by way of annual awards. Among the 7 awards in the ‘Social-Work’ field announced today, I have been selected for the ‘Social Issue’ Category. The award, by way of cash Rs.50,000 and an attractive momento, would be presented at a special function at Balgandharva Rangmandir, Pune, 5 p.m. on 26th January 2011, graced by noted scientist Dr.Raghunath Mashelkar and veteran Actor-Director Amol Palekar. I would be glad if you could join me on this special moment to rejoice and celebrate this fabulous success! Three Cheers to all team-members, feminist friends – male and female, who made this possible!! I am happy that the work done through MAVA – Men Against Violence & Abuse, demonstrating successfully a model that has shown how Men can be partners and change-agents in our quest for a gender-just society, is gradually getting appreciation at a wider level. There are, however, no words to express the satisfaction that young men in twenties today are taking ownership of issue, which we had taken 18 -19 years ago.. Yours truly, Harish Sadani