Accesați primul mesaj necitit

BUTTERFLY: Nature Club of India

necitită,
22 iun. 2010, 03:11:1922.06.2010
– SAFE - Social Action Foundation for Equity
Now, a female condom with teeth!

New York A doctor in South Africa has designed what she claims is a
new female 'condom with teeth' aimed at preventing rape.

Dr Sonnet Ehlers has created the female condom, called Rape-aXe, some
40 years after she met a devastated rape victim who was like 'a
breathing corpse'.

"She looked at me and said, 'If only I had teeth down there'," Ehlers,
who was a 20-year-old medical researcher at the time, recalled in an
interview with 'CNN'. "I promised her I'd do something to help people
like her one day."

Now, 40 years on, Rape-Axe is born.

The condom has jagged teeth-like hooks that latch onto a man's penis
during penetration. Once it lodges, only a doctor can remove it -- a
procedure Ehlers hopes will be done with authorities on standby to
make arrest.

"It hurts, he cannot pee and walk when it's on. If he tries to remove
it, it will clasp even tighter... however, it doesn't break the skin,
and there's no danger of fluid exposure," the doctor said.

Dr Ehlers has been distributing 30,000 free condoms under supervision
during the World Cup period. "I consulted engineers, gynecologists and
psychologists

to help in the design and make sure it was safe," she said.

Welcome to the official home of Rape-aXe
http://www.antirape.co.za/

It's time to fight back

It is absurd that women and children In this day and age still fall
prey to opportunistic sexual predators. When will they be empowered?
When will they be heard? Never, it seems! There always appears to be a
more important issue to be addressed in legislature. .

The tear-filled eyes and extreme vulnerability of one such rape victim
is what sparked the design of this modern day invention. The victim
looked up at Sonnet Ehlers and said, 'If only had teeth down there!'
These were the humble beginnings of a device which proves to bring
hope to women all over the world - those women who still find
themselves with little or no rights at all. Why does the system make
these women, these victims, feel like the offenders? In many societies
these women are treated like offenders! This must stop! It. in fact,
stops here! Rape-aXe is a device which latches itself to the skin of
the attacker, causing immense discomfort, allowing the victim to
escape. The attacker is 'branded' a rapist! Since the attacker will
need medical assistance, there is no escaping arrest since medical
staff will alert the authorities. .
Răspundeți tuturor
Răspundeți autorului
Redirecționați