[socialactionfoundationforequity:2637 HIghly objectionable public notice about HIV infected person !

Dr Rajesh Gopal

May 15, 2010, 8:18:02 AM5/15/10
to AIDS-TN-...@yahoogroups.com, "aids-beyond-borders@googlegroups.com, Avnish Jolly Chandigarh Jolly, socialactionfou...@googlegroups.com, AIDS INDIA, Dr Joe Thomas

Dear All,

A highly objectionable public notice about an HIV infected person has appeared in today's MIDDAY on page 5.

http://www.mid- day.com/epaper/ index.htm (also attached to this mail)

A 'responsible' newspaper of Mumbai, Midday has acted in utterly bad taste and has evinced unsound judgement ,the moment it was decided by themto print(WITH PHOTOGRAPH !!!) such a public notice .

We all  feel very strongly about the issue and as an enlightened citizen/as an HIV programme implementers struggling to fight the second epidemic of stigma and discrimination, we must voice our concern to the newpaper by sending a feedback at  http://www.mid- day.com// contact.htm

There has to be ZERO TOLERANCE to any such (even if inadvertent) acts.

In camaraderie,

Dr.Rajesh Gopal.
__._,_.___

__,_._,___

--
Truth resides in every human heart, and one has to search for it there, and to be guided by truth as one sees it. But no one has a right to coerce others to act according to his own view of truth. - Mohandas Gandhi

Groups "SAFE - Social Action Foundation for Equity" group.
To post to this group, send email to
socialactionfou...@googlegroups.com
socialactionfoundatio...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.co.in/group/socialactionfoundationforequity?hl=en?hl=en-GB
15052010-md-mn-7.pdf

Loon Gangte

May 17, 2010, 1:37:47 AM5/17/10
to Dr Rajesh Gopal, AIDS-TN-...@yahoogroups.com, "aids-beyond-borders@googlegroups.com" ,, Avnish Jolly Chandigarh Jolly, socialactionfou...@googlegroups.com, AIDS INDIA, Dr Joe Thomas
The publisher and the media people sued for this.
This completely unacceptable.
Loon

http://www.mid- day.com/epaper/ index.htm <http://www.mid- day.com/epaper/ index.htm> (also attached to this mail)

A 'responsible' newspaper of Mumbai, Midday has acted in utterly bad taste and has evinced unsound judgement ,the moment it was decided by themto print(WITH PHOTOGRAPH !!!) such a public notice .

We all  feel very strongly about the issue and as an enlightened citizen/as an HIV programme implementers struggling to fight the second epidemic of stigma and discrimination, we must voice our concern to the newpaper by sending a feedback at  http://www.mid- day.com// contact.htm <http://www.mid- day.com// contact.htm>