Gutfeld: I’m Raising Money To Build Islamic Gay Bar Next To Ground Zero Mosque

Avnish Jolly

Aug 11, 2010, 2:14:50 PM8/11/10
to SAFE - Social Action Foundation for Equity
Gay Muslims
I’ve been a vocal critic of the planned Mosque at Ground Zero. However, after consultation with Greg Gutfeld among others I’m officially changing my position. I think we should have a Mosque at Ground Zero. It’s important that we build bridges and create understanding in this beautiful multi-cultural rainbow melting pot we call America.
What changed my mind? Greg Gutfeld did.
As an American, I believe they have every right to build the mosque – after all, if they buy the land and they follow the law – who can stop them?
Which is, why, in the spirit of outreach, I’ve decided to do the same thing.
I’m announcing tonight, that I am planning to build and open the first gay bar that caters not only to the west, but also Islamic gay men. To best express my sincere desire for dialogue, the bar will be situated next to the mosque Park51, in an available commercial space.
This is not a joke. I’ve already spoken to a number of investors, who have pledged their support in this bipartisan bid for understanding and tolerance.
As you know, the Muslim faith doesn’t look kindly upon homosexuality, which is why I’m building this bar. It is an effort to break down barriers and reduce deadly homophobia in the Islamic world.
I don’t know how you can argue with that. If we’re going to build bridges people — let’s build some f*cking bridges. In addition to making a sizeable investment in Greg’s gay bar, I hope to open a full service dog grooming business next to the gay bar. We want to make everyone feel welcome and so we’re planning to offer a variety of beard grooming services as well.