Announcing the new 'testparse' method

Brad Fitzpatrick

Mar 27, 2008, 11:13:33 AM3/27/08
to social-g...@googlegroups.com
The Social Graph API now includes a way to parse a page on-the-fly for testing:

http://code.google.com/apis/socialgraph/docs/testparse.html

The parser that's running there is the same as the one that's been parsing the web regularly, but it's slightly newer.  The FOAF parser was recently rewritten, and the XFN parser got a bunch of love as well.  The index will be reparsed with the new parsers soon.

- Brad

artemy tregoubenko

Mar 27, 2008, 4:55:14 PM3/27/08
to social-g...@googlegroups.com
Great for testing!

But unfortunately these tests still show that google reader links are being truncated to:
http://www.google.com/reader/shared/user

--
arty ( http://arty.name )

Brad Fitzpatrick

Mar 27, 2008, 5:00:57 PM3/27/08
to social-g...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, it's been fixed in public svn for awhile, but I haven't updated the production code with the new nodemapper rules yet.  I'd been trying to get another new feature done first which will enable easier/more frequent nodemapper updates.

It'll be fixed, though.  Sorry for the delay.

Geoff

Apr 3, 2008, 10:50:16 AM4/3/08
to Social Graph API
I tried this on my FOAF file, http://home.comcast.net/~gzub/foaf.rdf
but it never returns any data... Is there a syntax error in my foaf
file?

Geoff

Brad Fitzpatrick

Apr 3, 2008, 1:07:48 PM4/3/08
to social-g...@googlegroups.com
Ah, I see the problem (mine, not yours):  the xml:base is alternating the RDF triples that I'm expecting to find from raptor, so then I'm unable to find the primaryTopic.  Easily fixable.  Thanks for bringing this up!

I'll email again when this is fixed in production.

Brad Fitzpatrick

Apr 3, 2008, 2:49:39 PM4/3/08
to social-g...@googlegroups.com
Fixed in production.

A much richer FOAF update is in progress which knows of dozens of new predicates.