Cities with most lesbians?

Lady Robin in Denver, Co.

Oct 27, 1996, 2:00:00 AM10/27/96

Does anyone know if statistics have ever been done on the cities in the
U.S. with the largest numbers of lesbians?

I would guess SF is one.

- Robin "Dax"
Lady...@DIAC.COM

http://www.diac.com/~ladyrobn/index.htm

--
Soc.women.lesbian-and-bi is a moderated newsgroup. The moderation policy
is available at <http://www.mtholyoke.edu/~wjfraser/swlab/modpolicy.html>

Carol Recher

Oct 27, 1996, 2:00:00 AM10/27/96

Lady...@diac.com (Lady Robin in Denver, Co.) wrote:

:Does anyone know if statistics have ever been done on the cities in the

:U.S. with the largest numbers of lesbians?
:
:I would guess SF is one.

:

Isn't there a city on the East Coast that's nearly all lesbians? I think I saw a report
on 20/20 or something like that about it. I found myself wishing I could move there. <G>

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Carol, Battle Creek, Michigan
http://home.aol.com/CarolRech

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Dionysia

Oct 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/28/96

i think you're referring to Northampton, Mass., Carol.

--
diane

| How did we get so far apart? |
| We used to be so close together... |
| How did we get this far apart? |
| I thought this love would last forever... |
| -- The Cure |
| http://www.mtholyoke.edu/~dbono |

B.l.fitzpatrick

Oct 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/28/96

Carol Recher (carol_...@glfn.org) wrote:

: Isn't there a city on the East Coast that's nearly all lesbians? I think I saw a report

: on 20/20 or something like that about it. I found myself wishing I could move there. <G>

: *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

: Carol, Battle Creek, Michigan
: http://home.aol.com/C

that
is *too* funny! don't i wish northampton was really all lesbians. it would be
so much easier to find a date.;)

brenda lee

Tilz

Oct 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/28/96

Carol Recher wrote:

> Isn't there a city on the East Coast that's nearly all lesbians? I think I saw a report
> on 20/20 or something like that about it. I found myself wishing I could move there. <G>

Well, those reports were pretty exaggerated, but you're talking about
Northampton, MA, where I live. It is a lesbian mecca, but far from
being "nearly all lesbians". *I* really like living here though. :)
Anyone who is interested can check out my Northampton web pages off my
home page, URL below.

--
Laura Tilsley Associate Director of Networking
Student Affairs University of Massachusetts

Sheryl Schwartz

Oct 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/28/96

i am continually surprised at the number of lesbians here in seattle! i
live in a totally "whitebread" neighborhood (NOT the cool, hip, queer part
of town), and there are 4 lesbian households just on my block, and two gay
households on the block behind me. i continually hear people say that
such-and-such neighborhood (seattle has very defined neighborhoods) has
become so gay. it seems as though a lot of gay people are choosing not to
live in the previously-mentioned "cool, hip, queer" neighborhood. mabye
that's because property costs an arm and a leg there! anyway, my point is
that seattle has a lot of lesbians! come visit; it's a fun city! (but, you
may want to wait till the fall/winter/spring rains are over --
july-septmeber.) sheryl in seattle

On 27 Oct 1996, Lady Robin in Denver, Co. wrote:

> Does anyone know if statistics have ever been done on the cities in the
> U.S. with the largest numbers of lesbians?
>
> I would guess SF is one.

Whitney J

Oct 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/28/96

Don't be mislead by rumors about Northampton, MA. Noho is not some kind
of bustling metropolis. It does have more than its fair share of
woman-oriented women, but it isn't some kind of utopia - it does have
hecklers. (but I haven't seen them be much of a problem in my 2 years
here. Then again, I don't live there, I just live 20 min away and visit
quite a bit.) This question strikes me as similar to the one wondering
about the les:bi ratio on swlab - not easy to quantify.

:) Whitney

CR Willett (c...@ix.netcom.com) spake thus:
> Gosh this is a hard question because one can only have figures on out
> lesbians. Also do you mean just numbers or the highest %???
>
> That town in Mass probably has the highest percent but not the most
> lesbians of any city/town.

> carol_...@glfn.org (Carol Recher) wrote:
>
> >Isn't there a city on the East Coast that's nearly all lesbians? I
> >think I saw a report on 20/20 or something like that about it. I
> > found myself wishing I could move there. <G>

--
...and eventually our theories couldn't explain it all
-ani

SJWest001

Oct 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/28/96

The "Best Lesbian Places to Live" in the Nov/Dec edition of Girlfriends
Magazine according to _The Texas Triangle_

1-Austin, TX
2-Tampa, FL
3-Atlanta, GA
4-Kansas City, MO
5-Philadelphia
6-Aspen
7-Northamptom

CR Willett

Oct 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/28/96

Gosh this is a hard question because one can only have figures on out
lesbians. Also do you mean just numbers or the highest %???

That town in Mass probably has the highest percent but not the most
lesbians of any city/town.

carol_...@glfn.org (Carol Recher) wrote:

>Lady...@diac.com (Lady Robin in Denver, Co.) wrote:

>:Does anyone know if statistics have ever been done on the cities in the
>:U.S. with the largest numbers of lesbians?
>:
>:I would guess SF is one.

>:

>Isn't there a city on the East Coast that's nearly all lesbians? I think I saw a report
>on 20/20 or something like that about it. I found myself wishing I could move there. <G>

>*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

>Carol, Battle Creek, Michigan
>http://home.aol.com/CarolRech

>*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

JanMere

Oct 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/28/96

Ok, I'm not good with threads, but in answer to the 20/20 focus on
Lesbianville, U.S.A. it was about Northampton, Mass. And yes, Northampton
has a very large ratio of lesbians and yes, it is one very cool town. Of
course there are plenty of bi-women there also and alot of women wanting
to expand their sexual horizon. But all in all the support networking
there is exceptional and well rounded.
I also was fortunate enough to live in an area on Long Island that had a
very good support network and was also well rounded-- although there can
always be found a tendancy for ostracism and dominance almost anywhere. I
do think that lesbain support groups or organisms attempt to fuel personal
strenght more than they serve to propagate individual suffocators. I hope
I was helpful.

KEBauman

Oct 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/29/96

There are two books that have that kind of list. I think they are more
for humor than factual, but hey, here they are;

So You Want to Be a Lesbian? by, Liz Tracey and Sydney Pokony. This book
talks about all the stereotypical stuff and where to find it from clothes
to performers to vehicles to movies. This is definitely for humor.

This book gave two lists (their terms, not mine) of lesbian locations;

CRUNCHY (peaceful)
1. Provincetown, MA
2. Park Slope (aka Dyke Slope), Brooklyn
3. Berkely/Oakland
4. Seattle
5. Northhampton, MA
6. The entire state of New Mexico
7. Ithica, NY

GROUCHY (bitter)
1. East Village/Lower East Side
2. East Hollywood
3. Portland
4. Mission District/South of Market
5. Berlin or Prague

The Lesbian Almanac; compiled by the National Museum & Archive of Lesbian
and Gay History. This one is more serious. Famous people, quotes, slang,
symbols and statistics. Also a reference of resources in different
states.

It does not sepparate gay men from lesbians in the numbers on cities, so
this is not really accurate, but how could it be anyway right?

FIFTEEN LARGEST CONCENTRATIONS OF LESBIANS AND GAYS IN THE U.S.
1. Manhattan
2. San Francisco
3. Boston/Cambridge
4. Seattle
5. Oakland/Berkeley
6. Washington D.C.
7. Chicago/Evanston
8. Atlanta
9. Minneapolis
10. Marin County, California
11. Los Angeles
12. Santa Monica Bay
13. Portland, Oregon
14. San Diego
15. Pittsburgh

Sorry this was a little long, I thought everyone would get a kick out of
it.

Korrie
{I hate to be such a geek, but I find it is a useless fight. :) }

Supergirl

Oct 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/29/96

Per capita, I read somewhere that Portland has more dykes than most/all
other cities....

-Eve
"Love has no other desire but to fulfill itself." (Me'shell N'degeocello)

Mary Ballard

Oct 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/29/96

Supergirl (ely...@reed.edu) wrote:
: Per capita, I read somewhere that Portland has more dykes than most/all
: other cities....

The same has been said of Boone, NC.

Mary, BooneDyke
--
Copyright 1996 Mary Ballard - All Rights Reserved // I do not speak for
Appalachian State U. // ball...@xx.acs.appstate.edu

Turnip

Oct 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/29/96

On 28 Oct 1996, Whitney J wrote:

> Don't be mislead by rumors about Northampton, MA. Noho is not some kind
> of bustling metropolis. It does have more than its fair share of
> woman-oriented women, but it isn't some kind of utopia - it does have
> hecklers. (but I haven't seen them be much of a problem in my 2 years
> here. Then again, I don't live there, I just live 20 min away and visit
> quite a bit.) This question strikes me as similar to the one wondering
> about the les:bi ratio on swlab - not easy to quantify.
>
> :) Whitney

As a long time (almost 21 year) resident of the general area, I'm going
to state my thoughts on this lovely town of Northampton Mass.
Northampton has a really focused suburban family side to it which is
nice, that family attitude encompasses all families. Northampton also
(perhaps because of smith, does it happen like this around other women's
colleges) has a high rate of queer women. The queerness used to just be
an accepted and pleasant bonus to living in this area, but within the
last five years there have been articles posted from coast to coast and
on other continents. Just this summer an article appeared in a magazine
which my Nanny picked up in Northampton England, all about Northampton
Massachusetts ... and here is the thing about all of this.
The more articles written/filmed/documented in some media format that
occur about "Lesbianville, USA" as this town has been cheerfully labeled,
the more queer women start to show up. It's that whole "if you build
it, they will come" sort of phenomenom. (No gratutitous sexual innuendos
intended - thank you very much.)

So I would say "yes" we have an incredibly high queer female population per
capita and more and more it has reached out to include queer men as
well. But it is not utopia, and is indeed frightening sometimes. It's
easy to forget that this is not the real world - yet.

-turnip

Turnip

Oct 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/29/96

> Isn't there a city on the East Coast that's nearly all lesbians? I think I saw a report
> on 20/20 or something like that about it. I found myself wishing I could move there. <G>

*coughs agains as she was in that 20/20 report*
northampton.
*laughs*

Kristin Bergen

Oct 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/29/96

In article <1.4&77n...@panix.com>,

Mary Ballard <ball...@xx.acs.appstate.edu> wrote:
>Supergirl (ely...@reed.edu) wrote:
>: Per capita, I read somewhere that Portland has more dykes than most/all
>: other cities....

>The same has been said of Boone, NC.

Add Providence, RI and Durham, NC to the list.

N. Severini

Oct 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/29/96

On 28 Oct 1996, SJWest001 wrote:

> The "Best Lesbian Places to Live" in the Nov/Dec edition of Girlfriends
> Magazine according to _The Texas Triangle_
>
> 1-Austin, TX
> 2-Tampa, FL
> 3-Atlanta, GA
> 4-Kansas City, MO
> 5-Philadelphia
> 6-Aspen
> 7-Northamptom

I lived in Austin for 3 years. There is a serious older guy w/thin
blonde contingent there, as mentioned by a previous message. Too many
frat boys there for me, but it is a cool town to party in.
Nina> > --

Whitney J

Oct 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/29/96

Turnip (cte...@sophia.smith.edu) spake thus:

> > Does anyone know if statistics have ever been done on the cities in the
> > U.S. with the largest numbers of lesbians?
> >
> > I would guess SF is one.
> >
> *coughs quietly* northampton.
> northampton.
> northampton.
> *coughs again*
> northampton.

Something caught in your throat dear?

:) Whit

--
...and eventually our theories couldn't explain it all
-ani
--O-O-O-O-O-O--
http://www.mtholyoke.edu/~wjfraser

Andrea Lynn Leistra

Oct 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/29/96

In article <1.m3i7n2&i...@panix.com>, Turnip <cte...@sophia.smith.edu> wrote:
>> Does anyone know if statistics have ever been done on the cities in the
>> U.S. with the largest numbers of lesbians?
>>
>> I would guess SF is one.
>>
>*coughs quietly* northampton.

Numbers != percentages, you know. Admittedly, it's not *exactly* clear
which the original poster wanted.

--
Andrea Leistra http://www-leland.stanford.edu/~aleistra
-----

Dionysia

Oct 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/29/96

Turnip (cte...@sophia.smith.edu) wrote:

> *coughs agains as she was in that 20/20 report*

you were? do tell, do tell!

--
diane, DJ to the conspiracy

| How did we get so far apart? |
| We used to be so close together... |
| How did we get this far apart? |
| I thought this love would last forever... |
| -- The Cure |
| http://www.mtholyoke.edu/~dbono |

Lady Robin in Denver, Co.

Oct 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/29/96

In article <1.ni7...@panix.com>, keba...@aol.com (KEBauman) wrote:
[snip]

>3. Berkely/Oakland
>4. Seattle
>5. Northhampton, MA
>6. The entire state of New Mexico

New Mexico? Gee, I never woulda suspected. :-)

[snip]

> Sorry this was a little long, I thought everyone would get a kick out
of
>it.

Thanks for posting it.

>Korrie
>{I hate to be such a geek, but I find it is a useless fight. :) }

Where would the world be without you? :-)

- Robin "Dax"
Lady...@DIAC.COM

http://www.diac.com/~ladyrobn/index.htm

Turnip

Oct 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/29/96

> Does anyone know if statistics have ever been done on the cities in the
> U.S. with the largest numbers of lesbians?
>
> I would guess SF is one.

*coughs quietly* northampton.
northampton.
northampton.
*coughs again*
northampton.

Whitney J

Oct 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/29/96

Turnip (cte...@sophia.smith.edu) spake thus:

> > Isn't there a city on the East Coast that's nearly all lesbians? I think I saw a report
> > on 20/20 or something like that about it. I found myself wishing I could move there. <G>
>
> *coughs agains as she was in that 20/20 report*
> northampton.
> *laughs*

*coughs* remembering when it was on in high school, and I was
enthusiastic about Smith...and my dad said..."Look at that. Is *that*
where you want to go to school?"*cough*
*cough*
*inhaler*
Whoops. Shouldn'ta run back from lab like that.

:) Whitney, who now *has* to find a copy of that 20/20 segment

--
...and eventually our theories couldn't explain it all
-ani
--O-O-O-O-O-O--
http://www.mtholyoke.edu/~wjfraser

Julia

Oct 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/29/96

In article <1.0k5...@panix.com>, Lady...@diac.com (Lady Robin in
Denver, Co.) wrote:

> Does anyone know if statistics have ever been done on the cities in the
> U.S. with the largest numbers of lesbians?
>
> I would guess SF is one.

I know that in the late eighties Seattle had a larger gay community
(per capita) than even San Francisco. I don't know what the statistics
are these days though. I do know there's small towns in the South -
such as Boone and Ashville North Carolina that have a large gay population
in comparison to the whole population (but small numbers seeing as the
whole population is barely a quarter million in Boone).

Julia

> --
> Soc.women.lesbian-and-bi is a moderated newsgroup. The moderation policy
> is available at <http://www.mtholyoke.edu/~wjfraser/swlab/modpolicy.html>
> and is posted weekly. Questions and concerns should be addressed to the
> moderators at <swlab-...@casti.com>.

--
"Beware the bad cat bearing
a grudge."

beth (s)linker

Oct 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/30/96

In article <1.&3i7n...@panix.com> Turnip wrote:
: > Isn't there a city on the East Coast that's nearly all lesbians? I think I saw a report

: > on 20/20 or something like that about it. I found myself wishing I could move there. <G>

: *coughs agains as she was in that 20/20 report*
: northampton.
: *laughs*

that's very cool, and i bet you were really cute, but it's still not a
city :p

-beth, who has never seen the 20/20 report and wonders if we could
show a tape of it as part of the next 5col.swlab event or something :>

--
Beth Linker
bsli...@unix.amherst.edu

Whitney J

Oct 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/30/96

beth (s)linker (bsli...@amhux4.amherst.edu) spake thus:

> In article <1.&3i7n...@panix.com> Turnip wrote:
> : > Isn't there a city on the East Coast that's nearly all lesbians? I think I saw a report
> : > on 20/20 or something like that about it. I found myself wishing I could move there. <G>
>
> : *coughs agains as she was in that 20/20 report*
> : northampton.
> : *laughs*
>
> that's very cool, and i bet you were really cute, but it's still not a
> city :p
>
> -beth, who has never seen the 20/20 report and wonders if we could
> show a tape of it as part of the next 5col.swlab event or something :>

I was just thinking that we may have to do that. Tilz, may we borrow
your copy? Whoops...
[irrelevance meter in the red...<ploink> taken to email...]

:) Whit

--
...and eventually our theories couldn't explain it all
-ani
--O-O-O-O-O-O--
http://www.mtholyoke.edu/~wjfraser

--

Message has been deleted

Tilz

Oct 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/30/96

Whitney J wrote:

> *coughs* remembering when it was on in high school, and I was
> enthusiastic about Smith...and my dad said..."Look at that. Is *that*
> where you want to go to school?"*cough*
> *cough*
> *inhaler*
> Whoops. Shouldn'ta run back from lab like that.
>
> :) Whitney, who now *has* to find a copy of that 20/20 segment

Hmmmm - what is this I have here? Could it be...? Why, its a copy of
the infamous 20/20 segment! Jest gatherin' dust on my video shelf.
Well, anyone who wants a copy will just have to beg me ! Hee hee!

--
Laura Tilsley Associate Director of Networking
Student Affairs University of Massachusetts
http://www-saris.admin.umass.edu/people/ltilsley/
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"Everything is true...everything anybody has ever thought."
- Philip K. Dick Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

Gwendolyn Alden Dean

Oct 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/30/96

On 30 Oct 1996, Renee Landrum wrote:

> <ponder> now, having grown up in Atlanta, and currently living in
> Northampton, I'd have to say that this comes as something of a shock.
> Maybe I just haven't found the right places in Atlanta, or maybe they
> were talking about the city as opposed to the metro area... <shrug> I dunno.
> Atlanta *does* have all the cultural attractions of a major city, but
> it's also in the South. (I vacillate from day to day as to what I think
> of the South; I grew up there, and I love it, but I wish it weren't so
> damn conservative.)

I love Atlanta; I think it's a great place to be a lesbian.

Gwendolyn

Lady Robin in Denver, Co.

Oct 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/30/96

In article <1.~zv6...@panix.com>, c...@ix.netcom.com (CR Willett) wrote:
>Gosh this is a hard question because one can only have figures on out
>lesbians. Also do you mean just numbers or the highest %???

Both would certainly be interesting to know.

>That town in Mass probably has the highest percent but not the most
>lesbians of any city/town.
>

>carol_...@glfn.org (Carol Recher) wrote:
>

>>Lady...@diac.com (Lady Robin in Denver, Co.) wrote:
>
>>:Does anyone know if statistics have ever been done on the cities in the
>>:U.S. with the largest numbers of lesbians?
>>:
>>:I would guess SF is one.

>>:

>>Isn't there a city on the East Coast that's nearly all lesbians? I
think I saw a report
>>on 20/20 or something like that about it. I found myself wishing I
could move there. <G>

>>*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
>
>>Carol, Battle Creek, Michigan
>>http://home.aol.com/CarolRech
>
>>*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
>

>>--
>>Soc.women.lesbian-and-bi is a moderated newsgroup. The moderation
policy
>>is available at
<http://www.mtholyoke.edu/~wjfraser/swlab/modpolicy.html>
>>and is posted weekly. Questions and concerns should be addressed to the
>>moderators at <swlab-...@casti.com>.

- Robin "Dax"
Lady...@DIAC.COM

http://www.diac.com/~ladyrobn/index.htm

Turnip

Oct 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/30/96

On 29 Oct 1996, Dionysia wrote:

> Turnip (cte...@sophia.smith.edu) wrote:
>
> > *coughs agains as she was in that 20/20 report*
>

> you were? do tell, do tell!
>
> --
> diane, DJ to the conspiracy

i have to confess that i've never seen it so i don't know if i made it
through the final cutting of the tape ... (i'm not exactly the most
photegenic person, or someone you'd want to use to make a point) but i
was holding hands with my friend kate and they filmed us and stuff.

-just another manic turnip ...

Lady Robin in Denver, Co.

Oct 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/30/96

In article <1.b3q...@panix.com>,
wjfr...@mtholyoke.edu (Whitney J) wrote:
>Turnip (cte...@sophia.smith.edu) spake thus:

>> > Isn't there a city on the East Coast that's nearly all lesbians? I
think I saw a report
>> > on 20/20 or something like that about it. I found myself wishing I
could move there. <G>

>> *coughs agains as she was in that 20/20 report*
>> northampton.
>> *laughs*

>*coughs* remembering when it was on in high school, and I was
>enthusiastic about Smith...and my dad said..."Look at that. Is *that*
>where you want to go to school?"*cough*
>*cough*
>*inhaler*
>Whoops. Shouldn'ta run back from lab like that.
>
>:) Whitney, who now *has* to find a copy of that 20/20 segment

Y'all need to watch those coughs. :-) Some vitamins perhaps?

- Robin "Dax"
Lady...@DIAC.COM

http://www.diac.com/~ladyrobn/index.htm

Tilz

Oct 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/30/96

beth (s)linker wrote:

> that's very cool, and i bet you were really cute, but it's still not a
> city :p

That's the beauty of it beth! Some of us don't WANT to live in big
cities. And it *IS* technically a city, albeit a small one. :P

--
Laura Tilsley Associate Director of Networking
Student Affairs University of Massachusetts
http://www-saris.admin.umass.edu/people/ltilsley/
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"Everything is true...everything anybody has ever thought."
- Philip K. Dick Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

Blue7rose

Oct 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/31/96

Why NOT New Mexico???

Yes, it is a "crunchy" lesbian place, definitely not a
"grouchy"..........La Montanita coop on Central in Nob Hill is a GREAT
place to sightsee! That whole neighborhood in fact........fun.

Many wonderful lesbians here! My gf and I go out everywhere and are
always comfortable.

The street I used to live on with my ex-husband was also in one of those
"straight" villages-turning-suburb, overpriced, etc........We had 4 women
couples that I know of on our street, home-owners, neighborhood
party-goers, it is VERY cool in New Mexico.............

I live here and I know

Turnip

Oct 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/31/96

On 31 Oct 1996, Whitney J wrote:
> Lady Robin in Denver, Co. (Lady...@diac.com) spake thus:

> > In article <1.b3q...@panix.com>,
> > wjfr...@mtholyoke.edu (Whitney J) wrote:
> > >Turnip (cte...@sophia.smith.edu) spake thus:
> > >*coughs* remembering when it was on in high school, and I was
> > >*cough*
> > >*inhaler*
> > >Whoops. Shouldn'ta run back from lab like that.
> >
> > Y'all need to watch those coughs. :-) Some vitamins perhaps?
>
> Nope. *inhaler*
> Asthma. Especially when I run somewhere, or go up stairs. And it's cold.

*looks at whitney j all lecherous like* come here li'l girl, *i'll* warm
you up.

*giggles* sorry, lovely one, i just couldn't resist such a set up.

-rainy days and turnips always get me down. (okay, so i'm missing being
monday, so sue me)

R. A. Lorentz

Oct 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/31/96

In article <1.8#78n2{7...@panix.com>,

Gwendolyn Alden Dean <gd...@emory.edu> wrote:
>On 30 Oct 1996, Renee Landrum wrote:

>> Atlanta *does* have all the cultural attractions of a major city, but
>> it's also in the South. (I vacillate from day to day as to what I think
>> of the South; I grew up there, and I love it, but I wish it weren't so
>> damn conservative.)
>
>I love Atlanta; I think it's a great place to be a lesbian.
>
>Gwendolyn

Well, I don't exactly LOVE Atlanta..I'm looking for a little place in the
woods, but it is a great place to be a lesbian.

Or anything else, for that matter.

Rebecca

--
R. A. Lorentz
Atlanta, GA "If you surrendered to the air, you could *ride* it."

Whitney J

Oct 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/31/96

Lady Robin in Denver, Co. (Lady...@diac.com) spake thus:
> In article <1.b3q...@panix.com>,
> wjfr...@mtholyoke.edu (Whitney J) wrote:
> >Turnip (cte...@sophia.smith.edu) spake thus:
> >> *coughs agains as she was in that 20/20 report*
> >*coughs* remembering when it was on in high school, and I was
> >*cough*
> >*inhaler*
> >Whoops. Shouldn'ta run back from lab like that.
>
> Y'all need to watch those coughs. :-) Some vitamins perhaps?

Nope. *inhaler*
Asthma. Especially when I run somewhere, or go up stairs. And it's cold.

:) Whit

--
...and eventually our theories couldn't explain it all
-ani
--O-O-O-O-O-O--
http://www.mtholyoke.edu/~wjfraser

Cassie MacLennan

Oct 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/31/96

In article <1.sha8n2x/8...@panix.com>, Whitney J <wjfr...@mtholyoke.edu>
writes

>Nope. *inhaler*
>Asthma. Especially when I run somewhere, or go up stairs. And it's cold.
>
>:) Whit

You see, your astmah's so bad you can't even complete your name in your
internet sig. Aye aye. Breathless in Boston. Maybe you need more than
an inhaler. Artificial lungs available your neck of the woods? :)

--
Cassie MacLennan

Whitney J

Nov 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/1/96

Turnip (cte...@sophia.smith.edu) spake thus:

> On 31 Oct 1996, Whitney J wrote:
>
> > Asthma. Especially when I run somewhere, or go up stairs. And it's cold.
> >
> *looks at whitney j all lecherous like* come here li'l girl, *i'll* warm
> you up.

Oh my.

<swoon>

> *giggles* sorry, lovely one, i just couldn't resist such a set up.

You mean I've broken down your willpower that much?
<blink>

:) Whitney

--
...and eventually our theories couldn't explain it all
-ani
--O-O-O-O-O-O--
http://www.mtholyoke.edu/~wjfraser

Carol Recher

Nov 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/2/96

c...@ix.netcom.com (CR Willett) wrote:

:That town in Mass probably has the highest percent but not the most
:lesbians of any city/town.
:

That's probably it. <G> It's been a couple of years since I saw the report.
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Carol, Battle Creek, Michigan
http://home.aol.com/CarolRech

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Sammie L. Foss

Nov 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/5/96

Gwendolyn Alden Dean <gd...@emory.edu> writes:

>On 30 Oct 1996, Renee Landrum wrote:
>
>> <ponder> now, having grown up in Atlanta, and currently living in
>> Northampton, I'd have to say that this comes as something of a shock.

Um, are you from Duluth, per chance?

>I love Atlanta; I think it's a great place to be a lesbian.

I love Athens, but more because of the town itself and not any
particular 'dyke points' it might have.

Sammie

KEBauman

Nov 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/7/96

(Sammie L. Foss) writes:

>I love Athens, but more because of the town itself and not any
>particular 'dyke points' it might have.

Don't tell me that you don't notice all the Indigo Girls' groupies
running around trying to catch a peek. :)

- Korrie

Sammie Foss

Nov 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/13/96

KEBauman (keba...@aol.com) wrote:

: (Sammie L. Foss) writes:
:
: >I love Athens, but more because of the town itself and not any
: >particular 'dyke points' it might have.
:
: Don't tell me that you don't notice all the Indigo Girls' groupies
: running around trying to catch a peek. :)

Akshully, the IG's don't hang out here much anymore since they 'made it
big'.

The last time I saw the was 'Live at the Uptown Lounge' back in...um,
geesh, a long long time ago.

Sammie, who *is* on the video, *gloat*