New HRC Transgender Associate Director of Diversity Hired

notan...@gmail.com

Jul 19, 2008, 9:37:37 AM7/19/08
HRC has hired their new person to polish their image on trans issues.
They didn't go with someone who has a long history in the community
and credibilty by a record of achievements in the community. From her
blog it appears that she transitioned recently - perhaps witin the
year.

Going with a Baptist preacher who makes a point of saying she is never
confrontational isn't likely to encourage people. Reminds me of their
going for Susan Stanton that early in her transition. I wonder how she
views the Rev. King heritage if she thinks principled confrontation
isn't a reasonable tactic.

Allyson Robinson

Allyson is our new Associate Director of Diversity. She previously
served as a Pastor-Teacher in churches in the US as well as in Europe,
and brings a peaceable nature and persistent spirit to HRC. She enjoys
spending time with her partner and children, reading, writing, running
and watching movies. Please join us in welcoming Allyson to the HRC
team!

http://crossingthet.wordpress.com/about/