the topper

Jenny Sandy

May 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/6/97
to roses and thorns, walkers in darkness

it's been a day....to say the least. i was driving home wishing that
someone would just give me permission to die. i know it's not going to
happen, but i was wishing anyways......
i got home to find lawsuit papers. i bounced a check in 1995, and forgot
to pay it.....so mcdonalds is suing me.
$232 for a $3.95 check.

if i ever wanted to die, now is the time.

i just talked to mary.....she asked me if i needed to be in the hospital.
i'm feeling too overwhelmed to act on any suicidal urges i have.....and
having to face my parents and tell them is enough to keep me out of the
hospital.

my parents, btw, read my papers so they know all about it.

:~~~~(

The Holleys

May 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/6/97
to Jenny Sandy
> :~~~~(Jenny; Similarly, I forgot (via my depression) to show up to court over
a ten dollar auto registration ticket, and I now owe the court $965.
Among many other bills unpaid or unpayable. Bills are a pain, but you
can outlive the damn things. Stay alive, and just take the next step
toward getting McDonalds out of your hair. Look at it as an opportunity
to eat healthier food than Mayor McCheese burgers, and stage a one
person boycott of their greasy "food". And above all, remember that a
bounced check is a temporary problem; DON'T use a permanent solution
(self harm) to solve it. The real topper is this; Smile, just for a
second.
Chris

James Rogers

May 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/7/97

In article <Pine.SGI.3.91r.970506203828.5050A-100000@freenet>,
sa...@freenet.msp.mn.us says...

>it's been a day....to say the least. i was driving home wishing that
>someone would just give me permission to die. i know it's not going
>happen, but i was wishing anyways......
>i got home to find lawsuit papers. i bounced a check in 1995, and
forgot
>to pay it.....so mcdonalds is suing me.
>$232 for a $3.95 check.
>
>if i ever wanted to die, now is the time.
>
>i just talked to mary.....she asked me if i needed to be in the
hospital.
>i'm feeling too overwhelmed to act on any suicidal urges i
have.....and
>having to face my parents and tell them is enough to keep me out of
the
>hospital.
>
>my parents, btw, read my papers so they know all about it.
>
>:~~~~(
This is very stressful...I have a similar issue on my hands dating
from my seriously impaired job performance from last year. sometimes I
just have to tell myself that 2000 years from now it won't matter.

i sometimes think though that when a person is going through these
periods there are some things that one just can't afford to have
bother them...like your concern about your parents. I know that one
can't just turn these emotions on and off like a lightswitch, but you
may need to keep some perspective as to what really is and is not
important right now.
$232.00 is dealable....If money can fix it, then it is not as big
as some other problems (ever notice that the people who say this kind
of thing always seem to have money? But it's true nonetheless).