"PointZ" System of Erotic Play

Ataraxia

Oct 29, 2006, 6:46:03 AM10/29/06
"PointZ" System of Erotic Play
Revised March '04
©opyright 1999, 2004 by ataraxia((at))rubberist.net

(Extended discussion of this system is at http://rubberist.net/pointz -
it's free)

This is a theme for erotic play or lifestyle discipline. It could be
utilized by individuals, couples, Masters, Mistresses
("Tops/bottoms") for both short and long term programs. The system
could also serve as the theme for a "wild" party involving any number
of people or an intimate romantic weekend for a couple. Movies or
stories could be written using this PointZ Play system as a source of
"literary tension". It is even possible for it to be entirely
self-administered or managed by a "Top" via email or telephone.

Ever have a situation where you wanted a way to measure or count some
sort of a rubber, bondage, power exchange or other activity as a means
of enforcement or as a versatile, engaging theme for erotic play? You
may want to consider using "PointZ" Play system.

While this was originally created in the context of rubber endurance
bondage play, the basic concept is extremely versatile and could be
readily adapted to many other genres ranging from gentle erotic play to
strict lifestyle disciplines. Your imagination and creativity are the
only limitations! (Please share your ideas and experiences in the
discussion topics at the bottom of the page.) The terms "Top" and
"bottom", as used here, are synonomous with Master/Mistress,
submissive/slave or whatever is applicable to your situation.

Here is how it works:
The bottom is locked into a "foundation" garment such as a catsuit (or,
perhaps, a chastity belt or a collar) and not allowed to remove it
until a certain "quota" of "PointZ" have been earned. Each hour the
foundation garment is worn, a certain number of "PointZ" are earned, as
defined in a pre-defined "PointZ Play List" or "PPL". Wearing
additional garments, engaging in certain activities (or refraining from
them) or being put into various situations according to the PPL may
also be a source of additional PointZ. Once the quota is attained, the
foundation garment may be removed. Quota sizes are set based on the
degree of stringency desired. The sooner the bottom wants to be
released from the foundation garment, the more fervently he needs to do
certain activities to reach the quota! The key to the system is
creating a well designed and comprehensive PointZ Play List.

Here are some basic definitions.

QUOTAS
The Quota is a numerical goal to earn a specific number of "PointZ"
before the bottom is entitled to a specified "reward". Quotas are
assigned by the Top and are based on an intuitive perception of the
bottom's' general horniness, appetite for exploring limits and
extremes, desire for a long or short term ordeal and many other complex
human factors. There may also be more than one "sub-quota" in a given
session. Tops may specify in great detail how the PointZ are to be
earned or the subject may be given varying degrees of choice in the
matter. In any case, the Top always controls the overall intensity and
duration of the session by varying the size of the Quota. The
assignment of Quotas requires a great deal of candid communication
between Top and bottom to be done effectivley.

PointZ Play List (or "PPL")
The key to an effecive PointZ program is a PPL that is pre-defined,
comprehensive, precisely worded and well thought-out. PointZ may be
based on time or events according to a PointZ Play List which is
pre-defined prior to the beginning of a session. Wearing rubber
garments or enduring various forms of bondage or sacrifice or engaging
in some activity may earn a specified number of PointZ for each hour
they occur. For example, wearing a pair of rubber gloves might earn 10
PointZ per hour. Event-based PointZ result from the culmination of a
specified event such as having or giving orgasms, and/or completing
various tasks. "Negative" PointZ may also be earned as the result of
failing to do something such as not abstaining from masterbation, etc.
Tops may specify that the entire PPL or just certain items on it may
eligble for earning PointZ for a specific session. Note that a PPL will
grow in scope over time and becomes a handy "shopping list" of ideas
for future play sessions, as well.

REWARD
A Reward is an event or permission that is awarded to the subject upon
completion of a Quota. The most common form of Reward might be
permission to remove a particular "foundation" rubber garment such as a
catsuit upon earning, say, 2,500 PointZ. A "sub-Reward" while wearing
the catsuit might be that your subject must also have some handcuffs
unlocked once a "sub-quota" of, say, 500 PointZ has been earned. This
provides flexibility in engaging the subject in various other "sub
themes" (e.g. handcuffs) within a larger theme (e.g. the catsuit).

-----------------

The beauty of the PointZ Play system is its simplicity and, in
particular, its versatility!
Let's say you are locked into a basic full-cover catsuit as your
"foundation" garment. It will not be unlocked until you have earned,
say, 2500 PointZ. According to the PointZ Play List your Top has
written, each hour you wear this catsuit earns 100 PointZ. If you do
nothing else, you will have to wear the catsuit for 25 hours. (2500
point quota divided by 100 PointZ per hour equals 25 hours.)

Pretty simple.

But let's say you have had the catsuit on for 10 hours already (and
have only earned 1000 PointZ) and it is starting to get hot, sweaty and
a bit uncomfortable. The prospect of wearing it for another 15 hours to
reach your quota is rather daunting.

Your Top may have defined some other PPL items you can do to earn
additional PointZ so that your catsuit can be unlocked a little sooner.
These are all by pre-arrangement with your Top who has the key to your
catsuit. The Defintions List she has created specifies things you can
do or wear to earn more PointZ.

Suppose your PointZ Play List defines Gloves as only earning 4 PointZ
per hour. Every point helps. 25 hours with gloves on will earn you 100
PointZ--which works out to one less hour you will have to wear your
catsuit.

If your Top wants you to masterbate a lot, she may specify that your
orgasms are worth, say, 50 PointZ each. If, on the other hand, she
wants you to abstain from doing this, any orgasms you have might COST
you 50 or even 100 PointZ! Giving HER an orgasm might earn 100 PointZ.
These are specific activities that should be pre-defined in the PointZ
Play List.

If you simply want a romantic weekend with your mate without the
"master/slave" scenario, you could both put your foundation suits on,
give each other the key for safekeeping, and agree that you cannot
unlock each other until you have jointly earned some specific number of
PointZ together!

The important thing is that each activity be clearly defined ahead of
time in your PointZ Play List.

--------------------------------------

How to develop your PointZ Play List
Point defintions need to be pre-defined and derived from a reasonably
objective base standard of some sort such as percentage of total body
area a given rubber garment covers. Let us start with a "standard" of a
full-enclosure catsuit with attached hood (nostril holes only), feet
and gloves that covers 100% of the body. Let's say that this "standard"
of 100% coverage earns 100 PointZ per hour worn. However, if the
catsuit you actually will be wearing does _not_ have an attached hood
(15% of area), attached gloves (4% for both) or the feet (another 6%
for both), then this particular suit will only earn 75 PointZ per hour
because it only covers 75% of your body. Here is a basic list of
approximate coverages:

* Head 15%
* Neck 2%
* Arms 14% (shoulders to wrists) both)
* Hands 4% (both)
* Upper Torso 24% (neck to waist)
* Lower torso 15% (groin, buttocks & genital area)
* Leg 20% (both)
* Feet 6% (both)

Point values for Gasmasks, hoods, mummy bags and other items could be
defined on the list.

Point multipliers might also be available for certain situations. The
PointZ earned for rubber garments worn under street clothes could be
multiplied by, say, 1.3 for each hour they are worn in public. This
might be increased to 2.0 or even higher if they are plainly visible to
the public. You could even assign PointZ on a sliding scale to reward
endurance. For example, a sensory deprivation hood might earn 50 points
in the first hour, 75 in the second, 100 in the third and so on.

Multipliers or additional PointZ could also be employed for bondage
situations. These might be based on the degree of immobility imposed
per hour, etc. Bondage situations become a bit more challenging because
they tend to have more subjective elements. The "trick" is to be as
consistent as possible in developing your PointZ Play List.

In addition to defining garments, activities and situations that can
earn PointZ for you, your Top might also define things which earn
"negative" PointZ (e.g. "demerits"). If chasteness is an element of a
particular session, then, if you have an orgasm it may cost you 100 or
even 200 PointZ. Failure to show proper respect or to perform certain
tasks properly or on time may also be a source of "negative" PointZ.

Remember that you can design your PointZ Play system any way you want.
However, there are a few important practical requirements to making the
system work well. One lies in the skill of your Top in creating a
pre-defined list of activities that is clear, reasonable, comprehensive
and, in particular, is derived some sort of objective "standard".
Another lies in accurately communicating what your mood and limits are
so that she can proscribe an appropriate quota that pushes your limits
without exceeding them. And, oh yes, be sure to add a lot of
creativity, imagination and a good sense of play!

In creating your PointZ Play List, try to look at possible scenarios
and then identify each component part. It might be easiest to start
with an inventory of all of the gear you might wear during a session
and work with your Top to assign point values to each item. Start with
a "foundation" garment such as a catsuit and then build from here. If
your basic foundation garment earns 100 PointZ per hour, then it
follows that a much smaller item such as rubber gloves would earn much
less. Something like a loose-fit hood might earn, say, 10 PointZ while
a tightly laced one might earn 20 per hour.

Develop some sort of timekeeping "log" system for keeping track of how
long the subject "performs" various defined activities or wears various
garments, toys, etc. Perhaps a journal with timestart, timestop,
description and "PointZ earned" entries for each activity would be
useful. You might want to develop a sophisticated computer database or
spreadsheet for this. Or could just hand write the entries and tallies
as well as comments and observations into a diary as a chronicle of
your adventures that might make enjoyable reading for years to come. A
running tally entry might also be nice so that the subject can be
constantly aware of just how rigorous or relaxed his activity levels
need to be at any given time. If it's already Friday and you see he's
only earned 1000 PointZ toward a 2500 point weekly quota, you'll know
that he's going to have to spend a frenzied weekend in rubber and
bondage! Get out the mummy sack and duct tape! Also feel free to
include notes on any item. After a few sessions this PointZ Journal
becomes a shopping list of ideas for new sessions and may be a source
of entertaining reading for years to come.

This PointZ system provides a platform from on which to build and
administer a program of rubber discipline (or other activities). The
degree to which you carefully develop your PointZ Play List and the
degree to which the quotas you set are realistic will determine its
success.

Some Variations-

There is no reason why the quota could not be geared for just a day, a
week or even a month. It could also be a "lifestyle" requirement in
serious Total Power Exchange situations. I.e. You might have to earn,
say, 2500 PointZ by Sunday night of every week! Quota deficits could be
doubled or tripled and added to next weeks quota. There is lots of
versatility here!

Point values could be assigned for "whole hours completed". That is, if
you wear a pair of "4 point" rubber gloves for only 55 minutes and then
take them off, you would earn zero PointZ! Or, if you wear them for
1-1/2 hours, you would only earn 4 PointZ. If you adopt this approach,
include it in your PointZ Play List.

Need a theme for a story or a screen play? Make it more interesting by
using some variation of the PointZ concept to provide your characters
with challenges as a source of literary tension. An example is
Ataraxia's "Queen Rubberella" story.

This system could also be utilized by a group as a theme for an "PointZ
Party". All participants would have to work as a team toward fulfilling
a group quota before, say, anyone could take their catsuit off. Given a
large PointZ Play List to "shop" from and a fairly "ambitious" quota,
this could be the basis for an entire weekend of frenzied rubber fun!

Another variation of this might be a "Rubber Race" in which all
participants in the party put on the same type of foundation garment
and must earn the same number of PointZ from a common Play List before
it may be removed. The first person to do so "wins". The larger the
group the more fun this could be! Additional PointZ could be added to
the quotas of those remaining each time someone reaches his quota to
make things even more interesting and frenzied. You would need to
jointly develop the common PointZ Play List and quota before this race
begins.

This PointZ system could also be employed by a couple for an intimate,
romantic rubber weekend. Both people could work together to earn PointZ
to meet a common quota. A weekend like this could involve a lot of
rubber and a lot of loving!

Save your PointZ Logs for each session as they may be a "springboard
for ideas" for new sessions, almost like a "catalog".

Lastly, this system could, conceivably, be utilized by an "Email PointZ
Domme" to manage a distant sub/bottom from virtually anywhere in the
world. It would, of course, have to be based on trust or require some
ingenuity and imagination in developing various methods for auditing
and validating PointZ earned.

Brian Downstairs

Oct 29, 2006, 7:10:31 AM10/29/06
Hmm interesting, as it could be modified to almost any kink, including mine
of tasks in bondage with grossly unfair time restrictions and penalties etc.
Of course I mean play, not lifestyle, but I guess some may want to use it
for that.

Brian

--

mildew...@blueyonder.co.uk
I hope I grow on you...

Blindness is a way of life.

"Ataraxia" <atar...@rubberist.net> wrote in message

"PointZ" System of Erotic Play
Revised March '04

Šopyright 1999, 2004 by ataraxia((at))rubberist.net

Message has been deleted

Lynn

Oct 29, 2006, 9:46:11 AM10/29/06
Ataraxia wrote:
> a lot

That's complicated. Why don't you just lock something on, hide the
key, and make them earn the key back?? VBG!!

Troia

Oct 29, 2006, 12:19:32 PM10/29/06
Norton Zenger wrote:
> Ataraxia come on down:

>> "PointZ" System of Erotic Play
>> Revised March '04
>> Šopyright 1999, 2004 by ataraxia((at))rubberist.net

>> (Extended discussion of this system is at http://rubberist.net/pointz -
>> it's free)
>
> YMMV, but this just strikes me as incredibly fucking tedious.

I had a reaction that it was just simply way way way too complex for any
sort of play I would likely engage in.

-- Troia

Brian Downstairs

Oct 29, 2006, 2:03:16 PM10/29/06
Well depends on your kink I suppose.
Brian

--

mildew...@blueyonder.co.uk
I hope I grow on you...

Blindness is a way of life.

"Norton Zenger" <rusho...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Ataraxia come on down:

>>"PointZ" System of Erotic Play
>>Revised March '04

>>Šopyright 1999, 2004 by ataraxia((at))rubberist.net

>>(Extended discussion of this system is at http://rubberist.net/pointz -
>>it's free)
>

> YMMV, but this just strikes me as incredibly fucking tedious.
>

> --
> I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY!
> I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY!
> I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY!

Brian Downstairs

Oct 29, 2006, 2:06:24 PM10/29/06
Well in a way, I suppose you know the rules to start with in that case. I
must admit though it did not take any great brains to come up with the idea.
Its a bit like those who play at school etc, where rules are strict etc. I
have done stuff like this but not really into rubber myself.

I just wondered why it was reposted, here, and in the slave group.

Brian

--

mildew...@blueyonder.co.uk
I hope I grow on you...

Blindness is a way of life.

"Lynn" <beac...@usa.com> wrote in message

ViF

Oct 29, 2006, 5:29:52 PM10/29/06
Ataraxia wrote:
> "PointZ" System of Erotic Play
> Revised March '04
> Šopyright 1999, 2004 by ataraxia((at))rubberist.net

> (Extended discussion of this system is at http://rubberist.net/pointz -
> it's free)
>
> This is a theme for erotic play or lifestyle discipline
before i go any further with this, what is the difference between erotic
play and lifestyle discipline? or more specifically, what the heck is
lifestyle discipline?
#6?

Stephen Harris

Oct 29, 2006, 5:44:34 PM10/29/06
Troia <troia....@gmail.removethis.com> wrote:
> Norton Zenger wrote:
> > Ataraxia come on down:
> >> "PointZ" System of Erotic Play
> > YMMV, but this just strikes me as incredibly fucking tedious.
> >
> I had a reaction that it was just simply way way way too complex for any
> sort of play I would likely engage in.

I could see this as being useful (if the tasks were provable) for periods
where the top isn't nearby nor able to supervise the bottom; eg the top locks
the bottom into some "foundation" and then goes out shopping or whatever,
and the bottom has to do certain acts worth so many points (for a "maid"
this could be washing the dishes, vacuum the house for example) before the
top returns in order to be freed.

If there was some way of getting a computer to talley the results (how to
prove to the computer that you're doing "xyz"?) then it'd be fun for self
bondage. I can't think of a practical way.

It does sound a little tedious for play where both partners are available!

--
rgds, Stephen "Pleasure, little treasure"
An Englishman in New York, and loving slave to his Mistress, Tori.

BDSM thoughts, writings, poems and stuff: http://bdsm.spuddy.org/
Newsgroup charter, FAQs etc at http://bdsm.spuddy.org/newsgroups/

Troia

Oct 29, 2006, 5:57:50 PM10/29/06
Stephen Harris wrote:
> Troia <troia....@gmail.removethis.com> wrote:
>> Norton Zenger wrote:
>>> Ataraxia come on down:
>>> YMMV, but this just strikes me as incredibly fucking tedious.
>>>
>> I had a reaction that it was just simply way way way too complex for any
>> sort of play I would likely engage in.
>
> I could see this as being useful (if the tasks were provable) for periods
> where the top isn't nearby nor able to supervise the bottom; eg the top locks
> the bottom into some "foundation" and then goes out shopping or whatever,
> and the bottom has to do certain acts worth so many points (for a "maid"
> this could be washing the dishes, vacuum the house for example) before the
> top returns in order to be freed.
>
> If there was some way of getting a computer to talley the results (how to
> prove to the computer that you're doing "xyz"?) then it'd be fun for self
> bondage. I can't think of a practical way.
>
> It does sound a little tedious for play where both partners are available!

On the other hand, I'll have to admit you are much more of a "numbers"
guy than I can stand to be.

I do love 'em, but not when it comes to this sort of play.

But I also suspect that "lock him in" <anything> always has *some* merit
that appeals to you!

-- Troia