Where's Waldo, Tannith Style

1 view

Philip the Foole

May 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/11/99
Volt wrote:

> I was killing time, waiting for filesystems to rebuild, and
> thought I'd surf some net. I didn't find waldo, but I what
> I did find startled me, and I thought I'd share my little
> discovery. We are all Tannith, or we were....
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/ogytork/html/chef_battle.html

Thanks for calling this to our attention. Tanith Tyrr (a gourmet chef
who was once a regular poster here) is by *far* the finest chef I've
ever met. The phrase "We are all Tanith" was a long-running inside joke
based on an accusation by a particularly paranoid troll that anyone who
annoyed him was actually Tanith posting under an assumed name. For
months afterward, everyone signed their posts as "Tanith."

Your Humble Jester,

Philip the Foole
Tanith #42

le...@omit.these.four.words.heathen.com

May 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/11/99
fri...@address.below (Frites) writes:

>tymed...@aol.comPEARLS (TyMeDwn1st) wrote:

>vo...@links.magenta.com (Volt) wrote:
>>but I what
>>>I did find startled me, and I thought I'd share my little
>>>discovery. We are all Tannith, or we were....
>>>
>>>http://home.pacbell.net/ogytork/html/chef_battle.html
>>

>>:::emerging glassy-eyed from the site:::
>>
>>Dear god. I'm about as speechless as it's possible for me to be.

> I thought it was common knowledge that Tanith is a gourmet cook.
>Congratulations to her on winning the contest, though!

Even though I am her, I miss her.

Leona Joy
Tanith #42, but no Iron Chef.
--
The Lioness who kneels.

Volt

May 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/12/99

I was killing time, waiting for filesystems to rebuild, and
thought I'd surf some net. I didn't find waldo, but I what

I did find startled me, and I thought I'd share my little
discovery. We are all Tannith, or we were....

http://home.pacbell.net/ogytork/html/chef_battle.html

Volt
--
I'm up to a four line sig, yuck! | It's not that I can't be serious,
I'm at http://magenta.com/lmnop/users/volt | so much as I'm enjoying the

TyMeDwn1st

May 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/12/99
vo...@links.magenta.com (Volt) wrote:

> I was killing time, waiting for filesystems to rebuild, and
>thought I'd surf some net. I didn't find waldo, but I what
>I did find startled me, and I thought I'd share my little
>discovery. We are all Tannith, or we were....
>
>http://home.pacbell.net/ogytork/html/chef_battle.html

:::emerging glassy-eyed from the site:::

Dear god. I'm about as speechless as it's possible for me to be.

Ty
Who is mostly just
a slightly skewed
Donna Reed

(To reply via email, simply remove my pearls...)

Switch

May 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/12/99
Dear Volt,

Thanks so much for posting this. Having had the very great honour
of dinining on Tannith's cuisine during a visit to SF a couple of
years ago I can personally vouch for her culinary skills which are
simply awsome. She is also the only Domme I know who has been able to
put me in total stitches (that's laughing not binding) within seconds
with her lovely sense of ascerbic humour. Come to think of it I can't
think of any other Dommes who have hosted play parties in pink bunny
slippers either. I suppose there might be some and I just don't know
them. Although our tastes run to different activities mine to
primarily bondage and hers to flogging she also managed to get me to
sit still long enough for her to work on me with a single tail while I
was "protected" by a straitjacket. Definately a feat of significant
cajoling. Reading of her recent exploits has just added yet another
wonderful image to my Tannith file. Thanks again.

cheers,
Switch

On 12 May 1999 01:18:04 GMT, vo...@links.magenta.com (Volt) wrote:

> I was killing time, waiting for filesystems to rebuild, and
>thought I'd surf some net. I didn't find waldo, but I what
>I did find startled me, and I thought I'd share my little
>discovery. We are all Tannith, or we were....
>
>http://home.pacbell.net/ogytork/html/chef_battle.html
>

> Volt

TyMeDwn1st

May 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/12/99
Philip the Foole <p...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>The phrase "We are all Tanith" was a long-running inside joke
>based on an accusation by a particularly paranoid troll that anyone who
>annoyed him was actually Tanith posting under an assumed name. For
>months afterward, everyone signed their posts as "Tanith."
>
>Your Humble Jester,
>
>Philip the Foole
>Tanith #42

but Leona had just written:

>Leona Joy
>Tanith #42, but no Iron Chef.

So what gives? We're not only all Tanith but you two are also the same person?

TyMeDwn1st

May 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/12/99
fri...@address.below (Frites) wrote:

>tymed...@aol.comPEARLS (TyMeDwn1st) wrote:
>vo...@links.magenta.com (Volt) wrote:

>>but I what
>>>I did find startled me, and I thought I'd share my little
>>>discovery. We are all Tannith, or we were....
>>>
>>>http://home.pacbell.net/ogytork/html/chef_battle.html
>>

>>:::emerging glassy-eyed from the site:::
>>
>>Dear god. I'm about as speechless as it's possible for me to be.
>

> I thought it was common knowledge that Tanith is a gourmet cook.
>Congratulations to her on winning the contest, though!

I wasn't surprised at her cooking (that *was* common knowledge when she used to
post here); I was amazed at the site and over the commentary regarding the
contest.

Philip the Foole

May 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/12/99
TyMeDwn1st wrote:

> Philip the Foole <p...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>
> >The phrase "We are all Tanith" was a long-running inside joke
> >based on an accusation by a particularly paranoid troll that anyone who
> >annoyed him was actually Tanith posting under an assumed name. For
> >months afterward, everyone signed their posts as "Tanith."
> >
> >Your Humble Jester,
> >
> >Philip the Foole
> >Tanith #42
>
> but Leona had just written:
>
> >Leona Joy
> >Tanith #42, but no Iron Chef.
>
> So what gives? We're not only all Tanith but you two are also the same person?

Foole: It *does* seem rather highly improbable that Leona and I would
both pick the same Tanith number. Almost as improbable as a very
puzzled whale and a pot of petunias suddenly materializing in mid-air.

Your Humble Jester,

Philip the Foole

[Footnote for non-science fiction fans: "42" is the answer to the
ultimate question of "Life, the Universe, and Everything," reached by
the supercomputer in Douglas Adams' sci fi comedy "The Hitchhiker's
Guide to the Galaxy."]

WhyNot789

May 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/12/99
le...@omit.these.four.words.heathen.com wrote:

>Even though I am her, I miss her

You can say that again. Tanith is one of the former regulars
I miss most here.

Hans

Volt

May 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/12/99
In article <19990512075718...@ng-fv1.aol.com>,

TyMeDwn1st <tymed...@aol.comPEARLS> wrote:

>I wasn't surprised at her cooking (that *was* common knowledge when she used to
>post here); I was amazed at the site and over the commentary regarding the
>contest.

That was what had me gurgling and needing to share when I crawled
out of the web page. Seeing that familar friendly face in the midst of
all that wierdness.

And good wierdness at that.

Kevin Craig

May 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/12/99
In article <19990512152247...@ngol03.aol.com>,
whyn...@aol.com (WhyNot789) wrote:

I was thinking of parties just the other day, and drooling over my
recollection of Tanith's description of the dinners she hosted.

When I'm a zillionaire with my own Private Bondage Ranch, I'm hiring
Tanith as the main Hostess.

Kevin

Bruce Mills

May 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/12/99
In article <3739C839...@ix.netcom.com>,

Yahbut, who's got the cup of tea?

Bruce
"I used to be snow white - then I drifted."

JWarrenZ

May 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/13/99
>>[Footnote for non-science fiction fans: "42" is the answer to the
>>ultimate question of "Life, the Universe, and Everything," reached by
>>the supercomputer in Douglas Adams' sci fi comedy "The Hitchhiker's
>>Guide to the Galaxy."]

<headslap> of course... Now if we can get JK on Carolingian Ark Number Three

Boston Dungeon Society Diversified Services
www.bostondungeon.org Toys & Books for the Scene
Telnet: bdsbbs.com Email: Men...@bdsbbs.com
Info: 617-654-0536 www.diversified--services.com